Challenges Resetting?

Almost every day my challenges disappear and act like I didn’t unlock them. Usually I sign out and sign in again and they come back but today they aren’t coming back.

Will I get banned and reset for getting those challenges again even though the system is doing it on its own?

Does 343 have a plan to fix this issue?

> Almost every day my challenges disappear and act like I didn’t unlock them. Usually I sign out and sign in again and they come back but today they aren’t coming back.
>
> Will I get banned and reset for getting those challenges again even though the system is doing it on its own?
>
> Does 343 have a plan to fix this issue?

I’m having the same problem, I unlocked them again, but I wasn’t banned. I’m sure 343 is just going under maintinence.

Well you won’t get banned right away. I’m thinking that the banning system or something will confuse getting the challenges over again with boosting challenges. If it does that I will get reset and that won’t be fun.

Same thing happening to me… I’ve gotten the 25 kills one and it reset…?

Edit: Reset twice hahaha wtf?

My daily challenges reset after i did them and i dont want to get them again because some people get banned for boosting challenges. Any suggestions.

Seems to be something going on with Reach today. I did the Weekly challenge this morning, and was helping someone else out with the challenge, and when we were done, I got the challenge again. Now the site and my in-game challenge page still aren’t showing that I’ve done the weekly challenge and daily one for killing grunts.

Even Bungie.net doesn’t reflect the challenges I did today.

Sometimes challenges reset for apparently no reason. However, Bungie’s policy about that (and I assume 343i adopted that policy) is that this isn’t a problem and you won’t get banned as long as that doesn’t happen multiple times in a row. Bungie also said that they can detect whether a challenge is reset because the player triggers it on purpose or if it happens because of something else that’s outside of the player’s influence, and I guess it’s safe to assume this also applies to 343i.

So if, for example, a challenge like today’s More than a Handful (kill 25 enemies in multiplayer matchmaking) resets, no one expects you to stop playing because of that. You can keep on playing without having to worry to get banned once you kill another 25 players and thus get the challenge again.

I just find it strange that neither of the sites reflect completed challenges, so it must be something with the common Halo Reach servers about the challenges.

thanks for letting me know i just didnt want to have the risk of being banned.

You didn’t get that many credits from it, so you have even less risk. Someone like me getting the 30,343 credit challenge twice would show up a bit more, I think.

My challanges keep getting reset. I do not wanna get banned or reset for this! Will it go back to normal tomorrow?

The same thing happened to me and my brother. I stopped playing just to be safe! I don’t want a Cr reset!

I don’t think you need to worry, this happened to me after doing the weekly and two dailys today, they were reset. Same with my brother. Just don’t do them again and you’ll probably be okay. It’s happening to a lot of people from what I’m hearing.

Thank you!

> The same thing happened to me and my brother. I stopped playing just to be safe! I don’t want a Cr reset!

As I’ve said, Bungie and thus presumably also 343i can easily tell whether you reset challenges on purpose or if it happens due to a glitch in the system. And no one is going to punish you for simply keeping playing despite that glitch. It’s not your fault after all, and it’d be rather silly to make people stop playing just because something went wrong that’s as far outside your influence as it gets.

No prob, I just hope nothing crazy happens and there is a ban or reset, I would never play reach again!

Self-quote from a similar thread:

> Sometimes challenges reset for apparently no reason. However, Bungie’s policy about that (and I assume 343i adopted that policy) is that this isn’t a problem and you won’t get banned as long as that doesn’t happen multiple times in a row. Bungie also said that they can detect whether a challenge is reset because the player triggers it on purpose or if it happens because of something else that’s outside of the player’s influence, and I guess it’s safe to assume this also applies to 343i.
>
> So if, for example, a challenge like today’s More than a Handful (kill 25 enemies in multiplayer matchmaking) resets, no one expects you to stop playing because of that. You can keep on playing without having to worry to get banned once you kill another 25 players and thus get the challenge again.

And on a side note, that happened to me a few months ago as well. If I remember correctly, the challenge that kept resetting was “kill 180 enemies in any game mode”. I still kept on playing and got that challenge three times and nothing happened. I mean, should I really stop playing because of a glitch in the system I have absolutely no control over?

I know! This leveling up system is whack as -Yoink-. I said I wasnt going to play till the remake if I did.

Glad that I came to the Waypoint Forums rather than Bungie’s (there was no information on this there)!

So the two challenges (1 daily and 1 weekly) I got today were reset. My friend and I were playing together on the same tv splitscreen over XBL using two separate XBL accounts. We completed the weekly challenge together and obviously the 25 kills daily challenge over the course of the evening. Here is the campaign mission http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=780015681&player=LordSeth318

Over the course of the evening we also had about two games where we lagged out or the router dropped (I can’t tell which) but I noticed about an hour ago that I was missing both of the challenges. I then tried signing out from XBL and then tried powering down my Xbox and restarting it. Neither of these methods have worked at all.

Furthermore, I checked on both the Waypoint and Bungie stats and now it says I have 62 weekly challenges when I only had 36 earlier! After completing the weekly challenge today I should have 37 total no more, no less. I just don’t want to get in trouble or banned for this. I’m hoping this is just a normal problem for everyone and I’m waiting to play until tomorrow, otherwise I’ll have to do the weekly challenge again.

I hope i don’t get banned for doing it twice :frowning: