Challenges Page - Unresponsive & Slow

Well, ever since the release of Custom Challenges, I visit the Challenge page a lot more often now to set some.

Sadly, I am being forced to wait 1 minute between every time I make a challenge due to how slow & unresponsive the page is.

For example, if I make a challenge then try to make a new one, the page will freeze for a good thirty seconds, then continue as normal, if I manage to hit the create challenge button before the freezing, it brings up everything I made for the old challenge, then freezes and ‘offers’ me to invite friends to do the challenge.

This is becoming increasingly annoying as added with the fact my internet is pretty slow at peak times, the load times and page freezing in unbearable.

Browser: Firefox 8.0.1

hey, i know this isnt really a reply. its a question. how do you make custom challenges to begin with? i go to the custom challenges tab and it doesnt say create anywhere. please help me.

> hey, i know this isnt really a reply. its a question. how do you make custom challenges to begin with? i go to the custom challenges tab and it doesnt say create anywhere. please help me.

There is a ‘Create Challenge’ button on the left of the Challenges page.

can you walk me through it sarting at the title screen for waypoint with step 1 being " hit Start "?

> can you walk me through it sarting at the title screen for waypoint with step 1 being " hit Start "?

You can NOT make Custom Challenges via the Waypoint 360 App.

Use this page instead

thank you very much. and i see what you mean about it bein slow

Indeed it is slow but its a new feature and I am sure this feedback will help them work out any bugs that are in that system.

Moa have you found that all of the pages (service record, stats, etc) are loading slowly? It has been noticeably slower over the past week.

Since Sat with the iOS release of Waypoint, I’ve stuck with my iPad for customs.

> Moa have you found that all of the pages (service record, stats, etc) are loading slowly? It has been noticeably slower over the past week.
>
> Since Sat with the iOS release of Waypoint, I’ve stuck with my iPad for customs.

The Service Record page has ALWAYS been slow for me on Waypoint.

Have you tried using Chrome?

> Have you tried using Chrome?

Chrome isn’t a solution to every problem, the fact it is running like a Windows 98 Computer on Firefox means something is up.

Chrome gives the same results along with Internet Explorer.

It’s a design problem, not browser specific.

i use chrome. the only “problem” is that when i have done a match and i refresh the custom challenges page, update results is not instant… must be wait 30 seconds…on bungie.net update is instant.

also the score bar is not instant, but more fast than challenges stats.

They updated the challenges page today, can you try it again and see if it’s still slow?

> They updated the challenges page today, can you try it again and see if it’s still slow?

The Challenges page hasn’t changed at all by the looks of it, just the Daily Challenges.

Still the same problems when I used Custom Challenges today.

What version of Firefox do you use and can you post your computer info?

> They updated the challenges page today, can you try it again and see if it’s still slow?

probably it’s some fast, but not much…

must be wait 20-30 seconds…

What browser version and computer do you have?

> What browser version and computer do you have?

google chrome v. 16.0.912.63 m
Athlon 2 X3 435 2.90ghz, 4Gb Ram
Adsl 7mb/500kb

> What browser version and computer do you have?

I don’t know how much I can push this, I get problems on Chrome, FF and IE.

It’s NOT a browser problem or by the looks of it, a hardware/PC problem.

I know it’s frustrating, Moa. Not everybody is experiencing this behavior, so we’re just trying to figure out what is different about your (and others who find themselves in the same) situation to cause this. Thanks for providing the information you have so far, and we’ll keep investigating and trying to get to the root of the issue.