Challenge selection rotation

I know that the challenges are selected by machine, most likely picked from a list, but is there any way to predict them or are they randomised?

I have not found a way to predict them. They are just about as random as some of the posts here on Waypoint.

> They are just about as random as some of the posts here on Waypoint.

Starting to look that way!

Sunday and Thursday are almost always Firefight-oriented, and usually includes a “Kill amount of enemies in Firefight matchmaking”. As for predicting the specific challenges? It’s practically impossible.

As for the weekly challenges, it’s mainly a game of chance, but I usually predict it by figuring out what challenges we haven’t had recently.

> Sunday and Thursday are almost always Firefight-oriented, and usually includes a “Kill amount of enemies in Firefight matchmaking”. As for predicting the specific challenges? It’s practically impossible.

And Friday is always Multiplayer challenges, which makes up for me never doing any of the Firefight challenges.

No FF challenges? Those are among the easiest to get done!

I don’t have the motivation to complete the FF challenges. I just find them boring.

> Sunday and Thursday are almost always Firefight-oriented, and usually includes a “Kill amount of enemies in Firefight matchmaking”. As for predicting the specific challenges? It’s practically impossible.
>
> As for the weekly challenges, it’s mainly a game of chance, but I usually predict it by figuring out what challenges we haven’t had recently.

I used to think like this until 343i took over, we ended up having the same weekly twice and a Firefight Round Weekly with different rounds, but a higher reward for the one that took less time.

There is literally no way to predict any of the challenges.

I’ve tried once. Cot the subject of the weekly down. Just not the totals.

Saturday usually has some kind of campaign challenge, mondays often do too. I think the campaign ones are mixed up between monday, wednesday, and saturday. Mondays and fridays are multiplayer while thursdays are firefight.

I know about Multiplayer Mondays and Fridays, and firefight thursdays, and can usually guess the division of the weekly, eg Meta, Camp, Multiplayer, FF, but I was asking about specific challenge rotation.

Looks like they are completely random. Thanks for all the answers =)

It’s a real shame if they just rely on a T1000 sitting in the back warehouse to select the daily challenges at random. I know they sometimes set daily challenges by hand, but perhaps that is an exception to the rule.

Does anyone know if 343 has incorporated a similar challenge system in the next Halo?

> It’s a real shame if they just rely on a T1000 sitting in the back warehouse to select the daily challenges at random. I know they sometimes set daily challenges by hand, but perhaps that is an exception to the rule.
>
> Does anyone know if 343 has incorporated a similar challenge system in the next Halo?

In the Forge gameplay at RTX, it said Challenges on the start menu, just like Halo: Reach, although because of the build, it may have just been left over.