Challenge complete! 08/13/2013

Hello! Today I am making this thread so everybody can know what I am trying to do in Halo 4 right now.

To start, I wanted a fair challenge, not hell, so I decided to start a challenge for myself! Beating all the missions in Halo 4 without dying on Heroic.

I started a couple of days ago. I do not have a capture card so all I can provide right now is the game stats. An update is going to be posted every time a campaign mission/SO episode is beaten.

Q/A

Q - Why are you doing this?
A - My NAT is Moderate right now and I do not want to go get smacked in MM.

Q - Why not Legendary?
A - As I said, I just want a fair and entertaining challenge. I might do Legendary sometime after this, but I would rather have fun over frustration.

Q - Are you insane?
A - No.

Q - What are you expecting to get from this?
A - Nothing, really. I do wish there was a cool unlock for doing this.

Campaign

Dawn

Requiem

Forerunner

Infinity

Reclaimer

Shutdown

Composer

Midnight

Spartan Ops

Episode 1 - Departure

Land Grab

Sniper Alley

The Challenge

Sacred

Core

Episode 2 - Artifact

Clean Up

For Science

Hacksaw

Pelican Down

Gagarin

Episode 3 - Catherine

The VIP

Galileo

Spartan Mountain

Shootout in Valhalla

Hunting Trip

Episode 4 - Didact’s Hand

Hairy Call

Rally Point

Random Transport

The Chase

The Didact’s Gift

Episode 5 - Memento Mori

Spartan Miller

Nothing can go Wrong

Everything has gone Wrong

The Cauldron Base

Spartan Thorne

Episode 6 - Scattered

Escape Plan

All the Secrets

Need to Know

Search and Destroy

Switchback

Episode 7 - Invasion

Backup

Home Field

Engine of Destruction

The Guns of Infinity

Victory Lap

Episode 8 - Expendable

Unfinished Business

Majestic Rescue

Lancer

Crystal Ball

Glassman

Episode 9 - Key

The Search for Halsey

Clean Up

Science Mountain

Revenge

The Hammer

Episode 10 - Exodus

Artifact

In One Way

Seize the Power

Out the Other

One Last Time

Challenge complete!

Not bad, not bad at all.

I personally find Heroic to be too easy but it’s pretty fun being a badass and getting away with it.

> Not bad, not bad at all.
>
> I personally find Heroic to be too easy but it’s pretty fun being a badass and getting away with it.

Thanks, dude. And I agree Heroic is too easy. TBH every first time I play a Halo game, I play the campaign on Legendary the first time I play it. Every other is either on Heroic or Normal just to shoot some stuff.

Also, I forgot to mention in the OP that I won’t be using any kind of skips or exploits for this.

Mind doing that for Spartan Ops?

EDIT: Your thread brought me the rank of Recruit - Onyx.

> Mind doing that for Spartan Ops?
>
> EDIT: Your thread brought me the rank of Recruit - Onyx.

Sure, it won’t be just for campaign!

And congrats for the promotion!

> > Mind doing that for Spartan Ops?
> >
> > EDIT: Your thread brought me the rank of Recruit - Onyx.
>
> Sure, it won’t be just for campaign!
>
> And congrats for the promotion!

I might do this too out of boredom, but on every difficulty. I’m still working on something other (playing SpOps normal co-op without doing any kill and don’t die with my main account).

> > Not bad, not bad at all.
> >
> > I personally find Heroic to be too easy but it’s pretty fun being a badass and getting away with it.
>
> Thanks, dude. And I agree Heroic is too easy. TBH every first time I play a Halo game, I play the campaign on Legendary the first time I play it. Every other is either on Heroic or Normal just to shoot some stuff.
>
> Also, I forgot to mention in the OP that I won’t be using any kind of skips or exploits for this.

Full path rampage? Whoa!

Good luck with that, Reclaimer will be hell. There’s like 10 Phantoms at the Lich area dropping off Ghosts and Wraiths. shudders

Then again, if you make your way to where the Lich settles, you can still go up the lift without facing aforementioned enemies. It’s not really a skip so you might want to try that out. :wink:

Hint: after retrieving Target Locator, when they tell you to use it on the Phantom, ignore that. Use it on the AA cannon, it makes more sense.

Just a heads up. Finished Reclaimer after lots of ridiculous (thanks for crushing my Hog with me on it, stupid Mammoth gate…) and I will post stats later today.
I almost completed Shutdow as well. I got stuck by a Grunt at the end, so Mister Luck decided I would, somehow, survive… So I kept going and killed lots of Covies in the Banshee section. Mister Luck changed his mind here so I took an EMP and reached the death countdown zone. I tried going back up but exploded…
Going to retry today and hopefully finish Campaign to move up to SO tomorrow.

The campaign has been beaten! I will continue the journey tonight with the first episode of Spartan Ops!

Check the OP for Stats and info.

It has been a while since I posted! Tonight I am here to tell you that Episodes Departure and Artifact have been beaten after several frustration and disconnecting moments (the latter thanks to my awesome internet service).

40 more missions to go.

Fuel rods… -_-

P.S. I got rid of the Troubling moments section to have more space for the stats. All of it would not fit in that only post.

Good luck for further plays OP!

I also started a challenge, I just call it “Ranger” difficult.
The idea comes from the game series “Metro”.

Ranger is the highest difficult in Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light, and I freaking love 'em! The game basically removes your HUD, gives you less supplies and make the enemies smarter.

To remake this difficult, I advise to start the game on Legendary with the Iron, Tough Luck, Mythic, Famine and Cloud skulls on. Also do not use any kind of armor ability, do not do shortcuts and try to avoid vehicles.

You can escape from unnecessary firefights if you want or if you are in a sticky situation but for the best experience I recommend to try out every encounter before running away.

There are two Ranger difficulties exists. You can lower the difficult to Heroic for the basic Ranger. Legendary is the Expert Ranger.

I recommend it because it’s a good and entertaining challenge for a bit experienced players. Requiem is the best mission for this difficult, there you can decide to play it or leave it.

I beat the campaign on Heroic Iron a while back. It’s nice because I consider that the truly canon way to play through it. Spartan Ops is too dull and repetitive for me to want to play through again though.

Episode 3: Catherine has been beaten! Check the OP for stats.

OMG, Spartan Mountain was a pain… Walls of fuel rods raining on me. Kind of reminded me of 300, when the arrows obscure the sun… But this time it was fuel rods…

> I beat the campaign on Heroic Iron a while back. It’s nice because I consider that the truly canon way to play through it. <mark>Spartan Ops is too dull and repetitive for me</mark> to want to play through again though.

My opinion on multiplayer

> > I beat the campaign on Heroic Iron a while back. It’s nice because I consider that the truly canon way to play through it. <mark>Spartan Ops is too dull and repetitive for me</mark> to want to play through again though.
>
> My opinion on multiplayer

sigh I do not think it is necessary to complain in every single thread… Please keep that off here as this is not a complain or multiplayer thread. Thank you.

Nice, Siul! I see you’re still challenging yourself. Did commendations begin to bore you? :stuck_out_tongue: I’d help you, but I think you’d rather do it on your own. I respect that. :wink:

> Nice, Siul! I see you’re still challenging yourself. Did commendations begin to bore you? :stuck_out_tongue: I’d help you, but I think you’d rather do it on your own. I respect that. :wink:

Yeah… Remember I still have to complete SO in Legendary Co-op if you want to continue that. My NAT is a bit better now, so I will be available this weekend. We could go and own some people in MM. I can try and get some good players from my squad. Higher chances!

Episode 4: Didact’s Hand has been defeated! Check the OP for stats!

Grrrrrrrrrr. The Chase was such a pain!! I had to rethink my strategy like 6 times… I was getting literally sniped by fuel rods, and there were SO many fuel rods…

Finished Episode 5 - Memento Mori. Stats are on the OP.

I will never forget the prahse “Memento Mori” after playing this episode. It has been the hardest so far.

I was forced to prevent enemies from spawning on Spartan Miller. It was way too much trying to defeat 200 Prometheans…

I don’t know if you would call this cheap but couldn’t you just sit back with the dmr and plaspistol and just drop everything w/o fear of harm?