Centered Crosshair

Many people don’t think it matters, many prefer centered like in CE and 5, and many are all for the lowered one like in 2, 3, ODST, Reach and 4.

1: What do you prefer? and how come? :slight_smile:
Personally I like the lowered one and I have hoped for it’s return. Partly because that was part of the established Halo gameplay feeling, and also because I like seeing the view in front of me better rather than having the ground covering half my screen. And another thing that annoys me is that when the weapon is higher up more of my screen gets covered.

In the Halo Infinite demo the crosshair is centered. We also know the demo was on PC which means it could still be either centered or lowered for Xbox.

2: Maybe it will be ajustable? what are your thoughts on that?
I think an ajustable crosshair could be a good way to please everyone.

Personally, centered. Same reason I play with universal zoom & shoot. Uniformity among all FPS games I play. I dont want to have to learn a whole new setup to switch shooters. If I’m good at cod, then with the same setup, I am good at halo. But with different setups, I’m fighting my instincts while playing.

> 2533274887875135;2:
> Personally, centered. Same reason I play with universal zoom & shoot. Uniformity among all FPS games I play. I dont want to have to learn a whole new setup to switch shooters. If I’m good at cod, then with the same setup, I am good at halo. But with different setups, I’m fighting my instincts while playing.

Understandable! Same here I play some Far Cry here and there so I use Z&S too.

I like, prefer, lowered. It gives greater vision with height plus it lowers weapons, so that they are not in your face. This is clear in 5 where the AR takes up the entire right corner and part of the above area. (CE had a different weapon placement, I thing LateNightGaming did an analysis of it).
The option would be nice, for both Xbox and PC.

> 2533274892878579;4:
> I like, prefer, lowered. It gives greater vision with height plus it lowers weapons, so that they are not in your face. This is clear in 5 where the AR takes up the entire right corner and part of the above area. (CE had a different weapon placement, I thing LateNightGaming did an analysis of it).
> The option would be nice, for both Xbox and PC.

I agreed with every word

Lowered, I hope Infinite has the option to lower the crosshair, I use it whenever I get the option.

Centred. I play on a small monitor, and lowered is really really uncomfortable for that. It’s like squinting down your nose to look at head-level. Lowered is acceptable on big TVs for me, however. But I think Infinite should have the option for both

I prefer cantered with CE, and lowered for 2, 3, and 4. (I don’t play 5) however, with 3 I find myself constantly switching crosshairs, and I hope I won’t do that with Infinite. Personally, I think I’ll be using the centred for infinite, mainly cause all the gameplay I’ve seen of the game has been centred crosshair so I’m just use to that one now.

> 2535410595332990;8:
> I prefer cantered with CE, and lowered for 2, 3, and 4. (I don’t play 5) however, with 3 I find myself constantly switching crosshairs, and I hope I won’t do that with Infinite. Personally, I think I’ll be using the centred for infinite, mainly cause all the gameplay I’ve seen of the game has been centred crosshair so I’m just use to that one now.

So far we haven’t seen any hint of an option in Infinite. I hope I can lower mine

I’d say lowered for campaigns, but for multiplayer, I’d say centered. The reason being lowered as common for campaigns and most single player games is to observe the skybox and looking at further distances without actually moving your HUD upwards, in Halo Reach for example, the game compliments the skybox very well in the campaign, but in Infinite, the way to go would be a variable crosshair where you can set the crosshair as you like. In multiplayer, centered is highly suitable because you’d want to focus right at the point of effect / the line of fire or at the middle of your screen. But for me, I’d love lowered more in campaigns and centered in multiplayer but again variable crosshair would be great, if introduced, in Infinite since it’s subject to the adaptability or the wish of the player and pleases most players in the game.