CEA limited to 2-player Co-op....

Why is this?
Why are 343 not adding 4-player co-op into Halo CEA?

And for you who says it’s for nostalgic reasons, I really don’t see how 4-player co-op would disrupt any nostalgia.
Could it be a technical difficulty?
Other than that it don’t make any sense whatsoever.

It was 2 player co-op in the original as well wasnt it? Actually I think its because the original games code had 2 player co-op so to incorporate 4 player, they would need to rewrite the games code to support it which would take a while. It’s just a guess though.

I knew this a long time ago. It’s an EXACT remake. I’m pretty sure it uses the original engine (aside from extra graphics engine and added features) so the code doesn’t support more than 2 people. Also, it won’t have Theater mode for this same reason.

Oh well, serves me right for having high expectations.

> Oh well, serves me right for having high expectations.

I had high expectations too, but at least I know to lower them for Halo 4.

> Oh well, serves me right for having high expectations.

For a game priced (tentatively, hopefully ultimately) at $39.99 you can’t possibly be upset. A remake of the classic CE running the same gameplay engine but made even more beautiful than before with an all new graphics engine layered on top.

Then add in the fact that it comes with 7 new maps for Halo: Reach. That’s enough excitement right there for me to Eagle myself!

They also have added in the ability to play co-op over XBL. Ok, it’s not 4 player. That doesn’t mean that this game will fail to meet expectations. Maybe yours, but for something aimed at recreating the original experience, I think 343 is headed down the right path.

> > Oh well, serves me right for having high expectations.
>
> For a game priced (tentatively, hopefully ultimately) at $39.99 you can’t possibly be upset. A remake of the classic CE running the same gameplay engine but made even more beautiful than before with an all new graphics engine layered on top.
>
> Then add in the fact that it comes with 7 new maps for Halo: Reach. That’s enough excitement right there for me to Eagle myself!
>
> They also have added in the ability to play co-op over XBL. Ok, it’s not 4 player. That doesn’t mean that this game will fail to meet expectations. Maybe yours, but for something aimed at recreating the original experience, I think 343 is headed down the right path.

I agree completely took the words right out of my mouth.

> > Oh well, serves me right for having high expectations.
>
> For a game priced (tentatively, hopefully ultimately) at $39.99 you can’t possibly be upset. A remake of the classic CE running the same gameplay engine but made even more beautiful than before with an all new graphics engine layered on top.
>
> Then add in the fact that it comes with 7 new maps for Halo: Reach. That’s enough excitement right there for me to Eagle myself!
>
> They also have added in the ability to play co-op over XBL. Ok, it’s not 4 player. That doesn’t mean that this game will fail to meet expectations. Maybe yours, but for something aimed at recreating the original experience, I think 343 is headed down the right path.

Yes, when you put it that way, striving for the original experience, it makes sense, but I can’t see how 4-player co-op would destroy the original experience.
I just think it would build upon it.

Don’t get me wrong, the game looks gorgeous and I can’t wait for what 343 brings to the table.
It’s defintely a must buy for me as a Halo fan.

> > Oh well, serves me right for having high expectations.
>
> For a game priced (tentatively, hopefully ultimately) at $39.99 you can’t possibly be upset. A remake of the classic CE running the same gameplay engine but made even more beautiful than before with an all new graphics engine layered on top.
>
> Then add in the fact that it comes with 7 new maps for Halo: Reach. That’s enough excitement right there for me to Eagle myself!
>
> They also have added in the ability to play co-op over XBL. Ok, it’s not 4 player. That doesn’t mean that this game will fail to meet expectations. Maybe yours, but for something aimed at recreating the original experience, I think 343 is headed down the right path.

I concur. In fact, I believe it would have been quite easy for them to make co-op four-player, to some degree. They wrote an entire new code for Xbox LIVE-enabled co-op, so to say that a recode to allow four players at one time was too much for them is to surely be joking. I think the choice was made intentionally. Adding four-player co-op would mean a few things. For one, they would have to add two more cryo tubes at the beginning of the game. Second, they would have to change some spawns. For example, at the beginning of the Halo level, the escape pod clearly doesn’t have enough room to spawn four players in it (not to mention that they would have to lay down two new spawns for every level). These are off the top of my head, so I’ve only got one more example offhand. They would have to find a way to make the endgame a bit more challenging. There are only four reactor couplings to trigger the wildcat destabilization, so have each player grab a Rocket Launcher, and you could have that part beaten before the Sentinels even join the fight.

So four-player co-op might seem like a fun idea, and I agree; I’m a bit disappointed it’s not there in some ways. However, the Combat Evolved campaign is built with one player in mind, with a two-player cap. They would have to change the design in some ways to accommodate the switch to four players, and that would require a bit more messing around with the engine. I think they just limited us to two players so the experience would be as close as possible.

> > > Oh well, serves me right for having high expectations.
> >
> > For a game priced (tentatively, hopefully ultimately) at $39.99 you can’t possibly be upset. A remake of the classic CE running the same gameplay engine but made even more beautiful than before with an all new graphics engine layered on top.
> >
> > Then add in the fact that it comes with 7 new maps for Halo: Reach. That’s enough excitement right there for me to Eagle myself!
> >
> > They also have added in the ability to play co-op over XBL. Ok, it’s not 4 player. That doesn’t mean that this game will fail to meet expectations. Maybe yours, but for something aimed at recreating the original experience, I think 343 is headed down the right path.
>
> I concur. In fact, I believe it would have been quite easy for them to make co-op four-player, to some degree. They wrote an entire new code for Xbox LIVE-enabled co-op, so to say that a recode to allow four players at one time was too much for them is to surely be joking. I think the choice was made intentionally. Adding four-player co-op would mean a few things. For one, they would have to add two more cryo tubes at the beginning of the game. Second, they would have to change some spawns. For example, at the beginning of the Halo level, the escape pod clearly doesn’t have enough room to spawn four players in it (not to mention that they would have to lay down two new spawns for every level). These are off the top of my head, so I’ve only got one more example offhand. They would have to find a way to make the endgame a bit more challenging. There are only four reactor couplings to trigger the wildcat destabilization, so have each player grab a Rocket Launcher, and you could have that part beaten before the Sentinels even join the fight.
>
> So four-player co-op might seem like a fun idea, and I agree; I’m a bit disappointed it’s not there in some ways. However, the Combat Evolved campaign is built with one player in mind, with a two-player cap. They would have to change the design in some ways to accommodate the switch to four players, and that would require a bit more messing around with the engine. I think they just limited us to two players so the experience would be as close as possible.

Even crazier, imagine the Warthog Run at the end of the game with 4 players 0_o

they said they are not messing with halo CE code and adding 2 more players would mess up the game. thats why sorry

> > > > Oh well, serves me right for having high expectations.
> > >
> > > For a game priced (tentatively, hopefully ultimately) at $39.99 you can’t possibly be upset. A remake of the classic CE running the same gameplay engine but made even more beautiful than before with an all new graphics engine layered on top.
> > >
> > > Then add in the fact that it comes with 7 new maps for Halo: Reach. That’s enough excitement right there for me to Eagle myself!
> > >
> > > They also have added in the ability to play co-op over XBL. Ok, it’s not 4 player. That doesn’t mean that this game will fail to meet expectations. Maybe yours, but for something aimed at recreating the original experience, I think 343 is headed down the right path.
> >
> > I concur. In fact, I believe it would have been quite easy for them to make co-op four-player, to some degree. They wrote an entire new code for Xbox LIVE-enabled co-op, so to say that a recode to allow four players at one time was too much for them is to surely be joking. I think the choice was made intentionally. Adding four-player co-op would mean a few things. For one, they would have to add two more cryo tubes at the beginning of the game. Second, they would have to change some spawns. For example, at the beginning of the Halo level, the escape pod clearly doesn’t have enough room to spawn four players in it (not to mention that they would have to lay down two new spawns for every level). These are off the top of my head, so I’ve only got one more example offhand. They would have to find a way to make the endgame a bit more challenging. There are only four reactor couplings to trigger the wildcat destabilization, so have each player grab a Rocket Launcher, and you could have that part beaten before the Sentinels even join the fight.
> >
> > So four-player co-op might seem like a fun idea, and I agree; I’m a bit disappointed it’s not there in some ways. However, the Combat Evolved campaign is built with one player in mind, with a two-player cap. They would have to change the design in some ways to accommodate the switch to four players, and that would require a bit more messing around with the engine. I think they just limited us to two players so the experience would be as close as possible.
>
> Even crazier, imagine the Warthog Run at the end of the game with 4 players 0_o

I actually think that would improve from four-player co-op personally, because that run is already something of a joke. Trying to cram two or four barely-controllable Warthogs down the same tunnel would probably be the most hilarious thing, simply because it probably wouldn’t work all that well :smiley:

Christ people will complain about anything. Try having a bit of decorum when you critique things please, instead of going nuclear from the word go. Im sick of seeing kids screaming ‘blah rot in hell 343i i hate you all’ over every minor issue. And people wonder why it seems like they talk to us as little as possible, they get an assload of abuse back when they do.
The fact is, CE was designed as a 2 player coop game. Bending it and twisting it to turn it into a 4 player coop game would literally make it into a different game. Same with online multiplayer. Is that what you want? A cheap facsimile of the original CE after 343i has shoehorned every stupid little demand from you kids into it? Thats what your all screaming for, i hope you realise that.
Take heed, one day they may just lose all respect for the fans opinions if the foot stamping keeps up, and that will be a shame now wont it? People can express their opinions without the petulance, it just takes a bit of effort instead of hulk-smashing the keyboard and hitting submit.

> Christ people will complain about anything. Try having a bit of decorum when you critique things please, instead of going nuclear from the word go. Im sick of seeing kids screaming ‘blah rot in hell 343i i hate you all’ over every minor issue. And people wonder why it seems like they talk to us as little as possible, they get an assload of abuse back when they do.
> The fact is, CE was designed as a 2 player coop game. Bending it and twisting it to turn it into a 4 player coop game would literally make it into a different game. Same with online multiplayer. Is that what you want? A cheap facsimile of the original CE after 343i has shoehorned every stupid little demand from you kids into it? Thats what your all screaming for, i hope you realise that.
> Take heed, one day they may just lose all respect for the fans opinions if the foot stamping keeps up, and that will be a shame now wont it? People can express their opinions without the petulance, it just takes a bit of effort instead of hulk-smashing the keyboard and hitting submit.

Whoa, easy compadré. We’re your friends, here. There’s no need to attack. Someone merely posted their opinion, that’s all. It wasn’t meant to be derogatory. I’d like to ask that you show the same respect in your posts that you’d expect in return.

Well Halo: CEA runs on the same code as Halo: CE, and it didn’t have 4 player co-op, so there is your reason. The game just isn’t able to do it and it never has been. On the bright side, I assume that means that all of the fun glitches are back! =]

> > Oh well, serves me right for having high expectations.
>
> I had high expectations too, but at least I know to lower them for Halo 4.

I still have high expectations, and all of you should too.

> Christ people will complain about anything. Try having a bit of decorum when you critique things please, instead of going nuclear from the word go. Im sick of seeing kids screaming ‘blah rot in hell 343i i hate you all’ over every minor issue. And people wonder why it seems like they talk to us as little as possible, they get an assload of abuse back when they do.
> The fact is, CE was designed as a 2 player coop game. Bending it and twisting it to turn it into a 4 player coop game would literally make it into a different game. Same with online multiplayer. Is that what you want? A cheap facsimile of the original CE after 343i has shoehorned every stupid little demand from you kids into it? Thats what your all screaming for, i hope you realise that.
> Take heed, one day they may just lose all respect for the fans opinions if the foot stamping keeps up, and that will be a shame now wont it? People can express their opinions without the petulance, it just takes a bit of effort instead of hulk-smashing the keyboard and hitting submit.

“Nuclear from the word go” HAHAHAHAHAHA!
So did you only go Atomic?

OT: I agree with other people. It must be due to the code not being actually changed because it was 2 player co-op to begin with.

I thought it was going to be more like 4 D:

Same code as CE, lol. I wonder how theyll do it. A menu?

They already stated that Halo CE Anniversary would have 2 player co-op in this video. No surprise here.