CEA Beaver Creek, the new Forge World?

On a G4TV interview on Halo CEA, there was a mention on Beaver Creek’s Forge. Here’s the specific quote:

"We’re putting new Forge build pieces in the maps," O’Connor said. "A good example is Beaver Creek. You want to make that map a little bit bigger, so we’ve added some tunnels and stuff. In the classic mode it’ll be blocked off, but you can take that out in Forge.

Link to interview: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/715011/halo-combat-evolved-anniversary-edition-details-343s-frank-oconnor-talks/

What does it mean by “a little bit bigger?” Surely the addition of a few tunnels doesn’t merit mention. Maybe the additional “stuff” means that CEA’s Beaver Creek will be the Forge World or Tempest of the map pack. Beaver Creek’s scenery looks great for a Forge World as well. I could see it having Forge World capabilities.

I know that this is definitely a long shot and a bit of a stretch, but I thought it was pretty interesting. Thoughts?

I don’t think he means that,

My thought is its like the back caves on tempest you can block them off with forge rocks for MM to keep players happy and create a better flow but you can create your own variant with them if you want.

I KNEW IT!!!SOMEBODY THAT THINKS THE SAME THING. Well, I didn’t see the interview, but on the trailer, it shows Beaver Creek having a huge skybox or aesthetic background that I was hoping would be a new forge world. I said it somewhere on the forums before.

Hey I suppose its possible I mean I never saw it coming with Halo Reach’s “Out of the canyon” line. So possibly. Who knows (343 & Certain Affinity)

i thought it would be Blood Gultch

> I don’t think he means that,
>
> My thought is its like the back caves on tempest you can block them off with forge rocks for MM to keep players happy and create a better flow but you can create your own variant with them if you want.

It’s certainly possible, but I don’t think that a few tunnels would merit mention, like I said in the OP. And don’t forget the other “stuff” that O’Connor said.

I can’t believe my eyes! Frank said they’re adding something never seen before in Firefight! FLOOD PLEASE

> I can’t believe my eyes! Frank said they’re adding something never seen before in Firefight! FLOOD PLEASE

Flood Firefight would be awesome. Now that I think about it, the atmosphere of CE would definitely fit the introduction of the Flood into Firefight. CE is, after all, partly the discovery of the Flood.

Remember he said “for example”. Other maps may have gotten some nice forge stuff too, and may allow for building maps on the scale of Tempest.

What if Battle/Beaver Creek is connected to Blood Gulch/Coagulation, and the map is just one gigantic new Forge World?

Not gonna get my hopes up about this. It probably is as it sounds, some tunnels around the perimeter of Beaver Creek.

> What if Battle/Beaver Creek is connected to Blood Gulch/Coagulation, and the map is just one gigantic new Forge World?

It makes sense. Look at the trailer again and the part where it shows Beaver Creek. It shows mountains and a lot of scenery. It doesn’t make sense to put that scenery since the map is in a canyon. Nobody would see it, but if it is a forge world then it makes sense.

oh if they add fully forgable firefight maps I am going to buy halo 4 for sure

I’m now intrigued.

DAMN YOU FORUMS!

> > What if Battle/Beaver Creek is connected to Blood Gulch/Coagulation, and the map is just one gigantic new Forge World?
>
> It makes sense. Look at the trailer again and the part where it shows Beaver Creek. It shows mountains and a lot of scenery. It doesn’t make sense to put that scenery since the map is in a canyon. Nobody would see it, but if it is a forge world then it makes sense.

Someone in another Forging group that I’m in noted that the textures of the base in one of the pictures looked low-res enough to suggest that Beaver Creek will be another Forging space, if not a new Forge World.

http://www.frontloadgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/halo-cea-beaver-creek.jpg

Also, in the same picture, there seems to be a large rock archway in the background. Probably over-analyzing at this point, though.

> Not gonna get my hopes up about this. It probably is as it sounds, some tunnels around the perimeter of Beaver Creek.

Some tunnels… THAT LEAD TO WATERWORKS!!!.. which holds a teleporter that takes you straight to Guardian!!!

haha now that kiddos is what you call over speculating.

Does anyone think its beaver creak at 1:04 of the trailer? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1J3z_2Uep8

> Does anyone think its beaver creak at 1:04 of the trailer? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1J3z_2Uep8

Definitely is.

> > > What if Battle/Beaver Creek is connected to Blood Gulch/Coagulation, and the map is just one gigantic new Forge World?
> >
> > It makes sense. Look at the trailer again and the part where it shows Beaver Creek. It shows mountains and a lot of scenery. It doesn’t make sense to put that scenery since the map is in a canyon. Nobody would see it, but if it is a forge world then it makes sense.
>
> Someone in another Forging group that I’m in noted that the textures of the base in one of the pictures looked low-res enough to suggest that Beaver Creek will be another Forging space, if not a new Forge World.
>
> http://www.frontloadgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/halo-cea-beaver-creek.jpg
>

> Also, in the same picture, there seems to be a large rock archway in the background. Probably over-analyzing at this point, though.

That rock archway has a purpose. Why else would they put it there?

In the first video on that page he said there’s a Halo 2 map in there! Please be Headlong!!!