CE3 2012

I’m a bit surprised no one is talking about this. July 29th, 2012 was the date of the third annual CE3 show. Don’t know what that is? Halo CE3 is about spotlight and showing off new content in Custom Edition. Check it out.

CE3 2012 - Livestream

The show was recieved incredibly well. It accumulated 227 live views during the stream, making it the 2nd most watched CE3 behind CE3 2011. Most of the content featured was created by members of the Halomaps forums, some of which I believe visit here on occasion as well.

Anticipating next year to see if they’ll top this one.

I thought it was a great event as well. Still amazed at the quality of content that is being squeezed out of the CE engine 10 years later, but I’m not surprised w/ OpenSauce rejuvenating the modding community lately.

You won’t find much attention being given to it here at the Waypoint forums, though. It’s a shame, but most of the people here are only concerned w/ the latest stuff from the Halo franchise.

Open Sauce has had little influence on its “rejuvination”. Almost all the larger projects shown at CE3 don’t use it. Things such as Lumoria Episode 2, Flood Forgotten Exile, Descent Firefight.

But as you said, it’s a shame it doesn’t get as much attention as it once would have.

> Open Sauce has had little influence on its “rejuvination”. Almost all the larger projects shown at CE3 don’t use it. Things such as Lumoria Episode 2, Flood Forgotten Exile, Descent Firefight.
>
> But as you said, it’s a shame it doesn’t get as much attention as it once would have.

It may not be used in most of the projects, but it has drawn more attention back to the CE modding community which had been slowly dying up to that point and a lot of people were just gave up on their projects (ex. CMT SPv2). This is apparent in projects like Firefight Descent which we thought was scrapped forever until it’s recent re-announcement.

Mods are what every Halo campaign other than CE needs to be worth playing.

I’m glad there are still people out there who are working on this kind of thing. I hope someday this kind of thing will extend to the other Halo games.

Even with Open Sauce, I’m surprised the CE community is still alive. Especially since you have people making maps with no one playing them. The last thing I’m going to anticipate for Custom Edition is CMT’s new project. After that, I dunno how my interest can keep coming back to content that I can’t use (in MP maps case anyways).