CE Pistol as default in H6

I honestly am having a lot of fun with the anniversary playlist in Halo 5 right now and I think the stopping power of the Ce pistol really helps balance the spartan abilities and with few exceptions(hang em high) the classic maps help as well, so along with tweaks to the spartan abilities what about a version of the CE pistol to be used as default in H6 maybe give it more balance though so it doesn’t feel overpowered, make the AR more relevant.

The CE pistol in Halo 5, in my own opinion, is 100% fan service. People wanted older weapons back, such as the H2 BR, the Plasma Rifle, and the CE Magnum, and we got them. If it were to be utilized as a starting weapon in Halo 6, 1.) it wouldn’t make sense since that model (M6D) has been replaced and 2.) not fit in with the lore that well since Cortana -Yoinked!- up all of the Galaxy’s tech save for that on the UNSC Infinity, the UNSC Spirit Of Fire, the equipment the Banished used, and various gadgets such as those in the Sword of Sangheilios’s possession. I don’t see it fitting into future games unless it is a DLC weapon or something among those lines.

I think it would be to chaotic if they had it is a starting weapon in halo 6. I think the regular magnum in halo 5 is perfect

It would be a little too overpowered as a starting weapon in my opinion.

> 2533274887841772;4:
> It would be a little too overpowered as a starting weapon in my opinion.

Yeah it’d have to be toned down but it could work

I’d rather it not be. I love the CE pistol but games would be such a mess if it was a default.

OP, you have the right mindset, but the CE pistol would have to be changed back to the original settings if you want it to be doable. Then, model the other weapons around it and you might have a decent sandbox.

> 2533274887841772;4:
> It would be a little too overpowered as a starting weapon in my opinion.

definitely too OP for a starting weapon

A weapon with a minimum of three shots to kill would be ideal if done right. I don’t believe the people who think it would be overpowered have thought of the fact that whether a weapon is overpowered is purely a matter of how easy it is to get kills with against other weapons, and obviously if we were to have a three shot kill weapon again, it would have to be tuned appropriately to be difficult enough to use that the average kill time would be high. Things to consider are body damage vs headshot damage, aim assist and bullet magnetism and their respective ranges, and even reticle size. You could make the weapon almost arbitrarily difficult to use, so that no one would want to use it. Desinging a powerful utility weapon in such a way that it doesn’t create gameplay that is too fast is just a matter of proper tuning. Designing the rest of the weapons around that is just a matter of tuning as well.

I’m not sure if a weapon exactly as in CE would be ideal. The minimal number of bullets to kill is fine, so is the rate of fire, but I think the weapon could possibly be still slightly more difficult to use. Mind you, not probably enough that most people would notice anything. Anyway, I strongly agree with the base idea here: a powerful but difficult to use utility weapon to start with is ideal, and really what we should always have had.

halo is all about equal starts and high ttk, I think it would need to shoot slower if this was the case

> 2533274965187692;10:
> halo is all about equal starts and high ttk

To you it is, maybe. But do you have any reason why I or anyone else should agree?

yes we need the halo ce pistol as a loadout it would be amazing but even out the damage to make it fair but over all it has to be made a loadout

The CE Magnum could work, but given its age and the fact it’s been replaced, it should appear on a much rarer basis when compared to the “standard” Magnum as seen in Halo 5, which is a solid weapon on its own.

Then again, you may dispute this among yourselves, my friends.

I would say that halo CE: halo pistol is a little like the BR in Halo 4 matchmaking but honestly that just my opinion

> 2533274825830455;11:
> > 2533274965187692;10:
> > halo is all about equal starts and high ttk
>
> To you it is, maybe. But do you have any reason why I or anyone else should agree?

Time to kill is definitely faster in H5 compared to all the other Halo games, but compared to just about every other shooter it still takes ages to kill someone in H5

> 2535441431388274;15:
> > 2533274825830455;11:
> > > 2533274965187692;10:
> > > halo is all about equal starts and high ttk
> >
> > To you it is, maybe. But do you have any reason why I or anyone else should agree?
>
> Time to kill is definitely faster in H5 compared to all the other Halo games, but compared to just about every other shooter it still takes ages to kill someone in H5

Neither of these statements is really true, strictly speaking. Halo has lots of weapons that kill at different rates. All power weapon even have potential for an instant kill, so, it’s not actually true that “it takes ages to kill someone in Halo 5” relative to other shooters. It’s just that the weapons you spawn with in Halo generally kill slower than the weapons you can spawn with in other games. However, even if we restrict ourselves to spawn weapons, it’s still not true that the minimum kill times in Halo 5 are faster than in any other Halo (the average kill times might be, but that’s a different story). After all, the Halo CE magnum has a minimum kill time of 0.6 seconds, faster than any spawn weapon in Halo 5.

I brought this up because there are two ambiquities in the way people usually talk about kill times that should be avoided. You see,

• there are two different numbers that could be referred to as the “kill time” of a weapon. There is the minimum kill time, which is the shortest possible amount of time in which a weapon can kill a player with full health. Then there is the average kill time, which is the expected value of the kill time of a weapon in a typical encounter. This is an important distinction, because whenever people say “the kill times are too fast”, the fundamental source of their complaint is most likely not actually that either the minimum or the average kill time is fast per se, but that there’s little difference between these two numbers. When there’s little difference, most players, regardless of skill level, kill very much at the same rate, leaving little room for anyone to excel with the weapon. In other words, when everyone’s the best, no one’s truly the best. However, even if the minimum kill time was low, as long as the average kill time was significantly higher, there would actually be some room to kill faster than other players, and the situation wouldn’t be as undesirable. - there is no such thing as “time to kill in [game]”. All weapons kill at diferent rates. When we talk about kill times, we really need to go to the level of what types of weapons we want to talk about. In case of Halo, we usually assume that there’s one automatic, and one precision weapon, that we spawn with, and it’s the kill times of those weapons that we are interested in. In which case, the Halo CE magnum, for example, has a faster minimum kill time than any weapon in Halo 5. The point I perhaps want to raise is that Halo is not, in any way, about high kill times, unlike the original statement I responded to claims. Even thinking in terms of there being some arbitrary standard for fastest allowable minimum kill time is misguided. We should really be thinking in terms of providing players with weapons for which the minimum kill time is lower the more difficult the weapon is to use. This gives rise to significant differences between minimum and average kill times, which in turn makes it feel less like every encounter just ends with an almost tie, no matter how well you play.

I don’t think it would work for regular playlists but if it was in a “throwback” playlist again, it would be fine

Cool but no, unless they balance it to be like the OG CE Magnum which was pretty balanced I though for a CE game.

> 2535409489305717;18:
> Cool but no, unless they balance it to be like the OG CE Magnum which was pretty balanced I though for a CE game.

I mentioned balance, it would be too strong for large scale maps if they put it in as is

asd