CE Anniversary Assault on the control room trouble

Hello everyone,

I recently just finished CE-5 on heroic difficulty, and am going back to complete them all on legendary. Currently, i am having a little bit of trouble with CE mission 5. Near the beginning there is a bridge where you first encounter fireteam zulu. however, after multiple strategies, I cant seem to get past it. Does anyone have any tips on this section?

There is a way to glitch past that entire section by falling to the ground while hugging the wall. Go onto YouTube and look up speedrunning tricks for the mission, it’s a real good way to bypass that moment.

> 2533274858025561;2:
> There is a way to glitch past that entire section by falling to the ground while hugging the wall. Go onto YouTube and look up speedrunning tricks for the mission, it’s a real good way to bypass that moment.

Thanks. I tried that trick and it worked.

> 2535432183645464;1:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I recently just finished CE-5 on heroic difficulty, and am going back to complete them all on legendary. Currently, i am having a little bit of trouble with CE mission 5. Near the beginning there is a bridge where you first encounter fireteam zulu. however, after multiple strategies, I cant seem to get past it. Does anyone have any tips on this section?

What strategies are you using, exactly? Personally, if you’re going for Legendary, I recommend using the Plasma Pistol. Not the Noob Combo, but just the Plasma Pistol itself. Remember, the overcharge shot in CE actually does damage to health, unlike the overcharge in H2 and H3. On Easy and Normal, you can actually kill an Elite Minor with a single overcharge shot if you’ve already done some minor damage to its shields.

The Elite at the lower level can be engaged before the Banshee when he is still walking peacefully, it’s usually better. If you ran out of Pistol ammo, the Assault Rifle is okay on the Banshee.

The 2 Jackals at the middle can be killed silently too and the enemies coming from the door can be killed with a Plasma Grenade as soon as they cross the doorway (the same can be done for the Zealot) .

The Zealot is simple, my favourite way is to lure him near a glass panel (or the space where one used to be) > trigger his animation > stick a Plasma Grenade > break the glass/drop down yourself) , very easy.

Or it’s possible for him to fall to his death, he often land at the edge of the bridge when running down a ramp but he can completely miss and fall or you can throw a grenade instead, it’s possible with any Elite as long as they try to dodge.

> 2533274858025561;2:
> There is a way to glitch past that entire section by falling to the ground while hugging the wall. Go onto YouTube and look up speedrunning tricks for the mission, it’s a real good way to bypass that moment.

I agree. There are countless strategies to get passed certain sections of each level. Youtube is a great place to look for some speedrunning tricks to help advance your way through a sticking point. Since it’s so early in the level, you could always restart and try different weapons and checkpoints to see if it makes a difference. Seems trivial but it might surprise you.

Thank you all for your advice. I was able to get through that section on my own but got stuck again so i eventually used the bridge drop. Your advice however is super useful to me. Thanks for your feedback!

I find the bridge drop REALLY difficult to get every time. There is actually a far easier way to skip this fight by stealing the banshee that’s flying around. That’s who most speedrunners play this mission on legendary. Garish has a good tutorial video on it.

If you want to do it without cheesing it, I usually kill as many grunts as I can with melees then use the pistol to take out the banshee. Then I go underneath and kill the red elite that’s there. If you don’t, he’ll come up behind you later, which is bad. The rest of the bridge is mostly plasma pistoling the jackles first then noob-combing the elites. Once you get about halfway across, drop back down and clear out the grunts that spawn under you. Those needler grunts can be a pain, just stay back to not trigger the next group. Then hurry back up top and kill the grunts that have come out of the door while keeping a close watch for the gold elite. Noob combo him and then you’re pretty much on your way.

> 2535432183645464;3:
> > 2533274858025561;2:
> > There is a way to glitch past that entire section by falling to the ground while hugging the wall. Go onto YouTube and look up speedrunning tricks for the mission, it’s a real good way to bypass that moment.
>
> Thanks. I tried that trick and it worked.

Eww, I don’t like people who do this to complete the campaign the first time. Just fight through it like a man.

Look at youtube about how to fall from the bridge at the beginning of the mission

If this section with Covenant is giving you trouble on Legendary, then prepare for some pain with the Flood in the Library and the Maw.