CC Maps in Matchmaking : Discuss Here

Would you like more/new forged maps in MM?Any examples?
Would you like a MM map to be fixed/removed?Which one?Why?
Discuss here…

I don’t like Trident anymore. I’d love way more CC maps in BTB. I’d even like the return of the Community BTB playlist!

there are many good maps for team slayer in various forgehub, xforgery ecc… i want it in team slayer, team swat, squad…

i would delete:
-select

> I don’t like Trident anymore. I’d love way more CC maps in BTB. I’d even like the return of the Community BTB playlist!

Why?I don’t think it’s a bad map.I’ve seen some people hidding over the bases, though.

> there are many good maps for team slayer in various forgehub, xforgery ecc… i want it in team slayer, team swat, squad…
>
>
> i would delete:
> -select

I actually like how it plays in Slayer DMRs, even if it’s quite common to suicide yourself in the bottom pit.

My main concerns in TS would be, for the forged maps :
-Kingdom :
Because of it’s poor AA gameplay :poor cover=Jet pack AR/Needler spamming and DMR/NR shooting from across the map.Lack of kill zones=jet pack hidding/camping over the structures.Finally, poor weapons choice and placement.

-Pinnacle :
Same reasons than above, and very unbalanced.

About studio maps :
-Reflection : Aesthetically great, but poor dominating locations cause repetitive and poor gameplay, lack of killzones=jet pack hidding/camping.Mayybe a weapon choice/location tweak could help.

-Breakpoint : Horrible camping over the top mid rock, often resulting in horrible spawnkilling.Too many anti-vehicle weapons make them look more like moving targets than like slaughter machines.Quite easy to fix (I’ve made an edited version).

-ETc, etc…

Overall, I think it would be nice to have <mark>more</mark> maps.I’ve bought every DLC, but I’d love to see more quality* user created content.

*A good map, imo = gameplay variety(every AA and gameplay style has its place, none overpowered), performance(no framerate issues), balance(=/= symmetrical), originality, aesthetics, competitive (encourages gameplay that rewards “skill” instead of spam), fun.Quite difficult…

I’d like the updated Abridged to finally make it to MM and be a permanent part of the rotation.

I would like to see Renegade taken out. There’s too much space in which nothing happens and gameplay almost always is glitchy.

I would like to see the Needle Rifles by the man cannons on Trident fixed. One of them is in a soft kill zone, and it doesn’t spawn properly in Custom Games (it falls down; same is true BTW for the Needle Rifle in Red Base on Renegade). Other than this, I think Trident should remain in MM.

Utopie needs to go, unless each base is given a Gauss Warthog. The Banshee is too overpowering otherwise.

I like Mt. Lam Lam, but would like to see a Fuel Rod Gun replace its Rocket Launcher.

Temptation has a very, very bad reputation, but I like it.

Wayont should be kept, but the shields at the bases need to be removed.

Affinity needs to go. It’s boring and too spread apart.

Kingdom is too industrial. Gameplay is too repetitive. Jet packs don’t go well with it. It too should be removed.

Same for Enclosure.

Select is too drab. I’d eliminate it. BTW, I find it strange that you can’t play Slayer with AR starts on it. This is the only map with that limitation.

Weapons on Precipice have terrible ammo limitations. It plays poorly. I’d like to see it go.

Treasury is a good fun map. Keep it.

Synapse doesn’t look like a Community map. I like its dark ethos. Keep it too.

Think Twice is brilliantly designed with highly original gameplay. It needs to stay.

Château is a disappointment. I find the gameplay uninteresting. I don’t need to think twice about recommending its retirement.

Eden Minor has grown on me, after my initial confusion with finding my way around on it. I’d like it to remain.

i can’t explain why, but I like Renova. I’d prefer that its Sniper be replaced with a Focus Rifle; but the map should stay.

That covers all the current Community maps. I’d like to see new ones added that are: original in design; play well in both slayer and CTF/assault type games; can handle jet packs; have no frame rate problems; don’t look all gray/white; and use rare weapons/vehicles, like Fuel Rod Guns, Plasma Turrets (why do no Slayer maps have them?), Scorpions, Gauss Warthogs, and Revenants.