Caution: GamerTag Change

I changed my gamer tag today from DirtierDogMeat to BadDogg55. Xbox opened up about 1 million inactive tags today. It kind of messed my stuff up here on Waypoint. It still says DirtierDogMeat in the company page and BadDogg55 everywhere else. I lost all my games in game history… that sucks! I can’t go check out medals, or kills from previous games now. All the numbers are still there but nothing else.
Just a warning if you ever change your gamertag.

Update: I talked to Xbox support they reset everything on the Xbox, “and here on Waypoint… Interesting!” I have all my game history back now.

For anyone reading this in the future - it takes a while for all systems to catch up with a gamertag a chance, including Xbox Live and Waypoint.

If your stuff is still outdated after 24 hours, I’d advise making a new topic and letting someone help you out.

Hard to believe your new GT was already taken.

Im having REQ issues since changing min

> 2533274843446007;2:
> Update: I talked to Xbox support they reset everything on the Xbox, “and here on Waypoint… Interesting!” I have all my game history back now.

Haha I didn’t realize you had changed your name, saw a random on my list wasn’t sure who it was, such a funny chance that I pass over this thread xD

> 2535445608274502;6:
> > 2533274843446007;2:
> > Update: I talked to Xbox support they reset everything on the Xbox, “and here on Waypoint… Interesting!” I have all my game history back now.
>
>
> Haha I didn’t realize you had changed your name, saw a random on my list wasn’t sure who it was, such a funny chance that I pass over this thread xD

I hear ya… I posted it on the company forum, but like everyone else I only go there about once a week or so…

Did your new tag ever have its stats updated? Like game history and the company page?

Please don’t revive old topics, thanks.