catching and throwing the oddball

now that we have had time to play with this new feature what are your thoughts on it? I personally love it for this scenario alone.

I got the ball no teammates in site enemy shooting me, im about to die and pow i throw him the ball he cant shoot no more pull out my gun and get the kill and the ball back.

I have a clip of it working on my file share you guys should check it it out, and let me know what you think. Share your catching or throwing the oddball stories good or bad, and explain why you like or dislike the feature :D.

Good for team play but bad for the maps where players just whip it off the map. Slows the game down and teamates that dont pay attention do this when they have the team there to help. I find that this new stratagy makes teams camp the edge of the map so that when the other team shows up they toss it away.

Yep, it’s great. Allows for really wel lorganized teams to pull off some amazing passes which I’ve seen. Interceptions are awesome. Also gives Ball Holder a chance in a 1v1 or 2v1 shootout cause you can free up your hands and tie up theirs :slight_smile:

> Good for team play but bad for the maps where players just whip it off the map. Slows the game down and teamates that dont pay attention do this when they have the team there to help. I find that this new stratagy makes teams camp the edge of the map so that when the other team shows up they toss it away.

They’ve always done this, they just don’t have to jump off with it anymore.

> > Good for team play but bad for the maps where players just whip it off the map. Slows the game down and teamates that dont pay attention do this when they have the team there to help. I find that this new stratagy makes teams camp the edge of the map so that when the other team shows up they toss it away.
>
> They’ve always done this, they just don’t have to jump off with it anymore.

But when you did this you were forced to respawn. Now i find this to be a cheap way to cost the game

This is something 343 got right. It creates a lot of potential for strategy.

Getting ambushed? Throw the ball at the enemy to make him catch it and stop firing, then take him out.

Or, you could throw it to a teammate as they run off.

You can even throw it off the map to reset it to its spawn point while your teammates wait close by.

> Good for team play but bad for the maps where players just whip it off the map. Slows the game down and teamates that dont pay attention do this when they have the team there to help. I find that this new stratagy makes teams camp the edge of the map so that when the other team shows up they toss it away.

I agree that it’s ridiculous how many people suicide the ball last second.

IF IF IF I had my way, I would say that if you fall off or throw the ball off map so it resets it should just be given to a random opponent, and not as a reset-spawn, just a BAM! it’s in some guys hand and they start getting points, this would make people more careful.

However at the moment I think that resetting the ball is just a part of OddBall and I don’t think it’s that bad, it’s a tactic you must use yourself.

Try telling your team when you are about to reset it so they can be ready to pounce on a few ball spawns?

Personally, when it’s used normally, to pass the ball, I think it’s a great addition and I enjoy throwing across haven and somebody grabbing it, Or throwing it across a map and then rushing to get it yourself aha.

When the other team nukes the ball of the edge, it’s only a small inconvenience for me and I feel I wasted a bit of time fighting for it.
When the other team throws the ball and makes some pretty skillful or well thought out throws… I’m just impressed.

Anything that gives the ball holder more versatility