Casual players, what would get you to play ranked?

For people that play mostly social, what would convince you to step into ranked playlists more frequently?

I think it would be good to have some customisation options that can only be accessed by playing the ranked playlists to promote healthy population and more balanced games.

Not entirely the target demographic as I play a lot of both, but I think the nature of Ranked and the True Skill systems play needs to be addressed.

Historically, in Ranked whether or not the player’s team wins or losses is the only thing that matters. This adds an extra layer of stress (not necessarily a bad thing, but a thing to consider nonetheless) and will often times create a toxic dynamic between experienced players and their less experienced teammates.

I think assessing Ranked off of individual ‘performance/contribution to the objective’ would reduce some of the hostility while still rewarding the sweats (as well as alleviating the pain of quitters). I also suspect that this will naturally help segregate experienced players for newer players leading to higher quality matches for everyone.

> 2533274801036271;1:
> For people that play mostly social, what would convince you to step into ranked playlists more frequently?
>
> I think it would be good to have some customisation options that can only be accessed by playing the ranked playlists to promote healthy population and more balanced games.

The only thing that would get me to play ranked is for SBMM to not screw me over just because I did well.

I would play more ranked for challenges or unique cosmetics.

> 2533274801036271;1:
> For people that play mostly social, what would convince you to step into ranked playlists more frequently?
>
> I think it would be good to have some customisation options that can only be accessed by playing the ranked playlists to promote healthy population and more balanced games.

Pizza fridays

Less sweaty and toxic players. Even then I’d still prefer social/casual modes because I can just sit back and enjoy the game with my friends. In social, most people are playing simply just to have fun and goof around rather than playing to win and rank up.

My friends are pretty much only casual players. For them it’s mainly a way to relax, chat and share some fun moments.
For them there is nothing to gain by choosing a ranked playlist and the only way I get them to play one is for specific playlists (like breakout). However after a few games it’s most of the time back to husky raid or warzone.

Maybe for collectors putting rewards on ranked playlists will help, but I think the true casual won’t care nonetheless :wink:

I think making a ranked playlist enjoyable for solo que-ers would be the most effective way to get casual players to dip their toes into ranked.

How does a “casual” player typically play Halo? They solo que and they don’t talk into their mic. Maybe they party up with a friend sometimes.

I think they should continue to offer the H5 Solo/Duo ranked playlist in Infinite. If they do have that, it will probably be the best bet to get casual players into mostly fair ranked games.