Castle Map Pack=Disappointment.

This is the first time I think I’ve ever posted a Halo 4 disappointment thread but the Castle Map pack looks absolutely nothing like how I expected it to be. I thought that 343 would please us with at least ONE Forge Environment or a classic map remake and maybe a few more features to the Spartan Armory… BUT NO!

The closest I can see to a Forgable Map seems to be Daybreak.

So, were you expecting more from the Castle map Pack and what were you expecting?

I dont own it yet, i cant really say that im dissapointed at anything it has ATM.

Since i dont even know what the maps look like.

You should check the Front Page, or Youtube, there are trailers out for the maps -.-. They are all Large Scale BTB Maps littered with vehicles, nothing more, no Forgeable parts either from the looks of them.

> I dont own it yet, i cant really say that im dissapointed at anything it has ATM.
>
> Since i dont even know what the maps look like.

The trailer gives a pretty good idea of what the maps look like.

Now that ive watched couple times, i just have one thing to say:
why no covenant maps?

Yeah! That’s the thing I’m annoyed about! No new forgable environments. I’ve seen the trailer 5 times already and have scanned through it at all the important bits. I’ve seen the screen shots, the whole lot.

Well at the very least, there will be a map w/ a scorpion to choose other than Exile…

> Now that ive watched couple times, i just have one thing to say:
> why no covenant maps?

I know it’s kind of ridiculous. So far none of Halo 4’s maps have been Covenant themed. If there is another set of maps, or even one for that matter it needs to be a Covie map.

It’s not my biggest gripe with Halo 4, but it sure is annoying.

> This is the first time I think I’ve ever posted a Halo 4 disappointment thread but the Castle Map pack looks absolutely nothing like how I expected it to be. I thought that 343 would please us with at least ONE Forge Environment or a classic map remake and maybe a few more features to the Spartan Armory… BUT NO!
>
> The closest I can see to a Forgable Map seems to be Daybreak.
>
> So, were you expecting more from the Castle map Pack and what were you expecting?

You know, these fist 3 map packs were made before the game shipped right? There are not going to be any community demands or anything till the 4th one. I’m thinking a forge world type map will be in that one

stop your moaning, be happy what you get. Wait till the fourth map pack and you will be rewarded.

> > This is the first time I think I’ve ever posted a Halo 4 disappointment thread but the Castle Map pack looks absolutely nothing like how I expected it to be. I thought that 343 would please us with at least ONE Forge Environment or a classic map remake and maybe a few more features to the Spartan Armory… BUT NO!
> >
> > The closest I can see to a Forgable Map seems to be Daybreak.
> >
> > So, were you expecting more from the Castle map Pack and what were you expecting?
>
> You know, these fist 3 map packs were made before the game shipped right? There are not going to be any community demands or anything <mark>till the 4th one</mark>. I’m thinking a forge world type map will be in that one

The fourth one? What? I highly doubt that they are going to make a fourth Map Pack. When I per-ordered Halo 4 and got the limited edition on one of the code sheets it said this…

“WAR GAMES MAP PACKS <mark>9 new multiplayer maps</mark>. War Games map packs are released as <mark>THREE separate map packs after launch each containing three maps</mark>”.

Sorry mate, but your point is proved wrong.

^ you never know. Halo 3 had more than 3 dlc map packs and one of which was free.

Also note that 343 said it will only cover the first three map pack

KEY WORD ONLY

343i planned and told us about all the maps several months ago. We knew there wouldn’t be any community demand in these because they were already working on them during and after Halo 4.

i am sad, i want halo 2 anniversary

> ^ you never know. Halo 3 had more than 3 dlc map packs and one of which was free.
>
>
> Also note that 343 said it will only cover the first three map pack
>
> KEY WORD ONLY

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not moaning, I’m stating a point. I just expected a little more for Halo 4’s last possible map pack.

Also why would 343 make it so that the Map Pass only covers the first few maps? What is that going to accomplish? Trying to make the legendary “FOURTH MAP PACK” a mystery? I don’t think so.

But you never know. I’m trying to be as open minded as I can about a possible 4th map pack but I seriously doubt it will happen.

> > > This is the first time I think I’ve ever posted a Halo 4 disappointment thread but the Castle Map pack looks absolutely nothing like how I expected it to be. I thought that 343 would please us with at least ONE Forge Environment or a classic map remake and maybe a few more features to the Spartan Armory… BUT NO!
> > >
> > > The closest I can see to a Forgable Map seems to be Daybreak.
> > >
> > > So, were you expecting more from the Castle map Pack and what were you expecting?
> >
> > You know, these fist 3 map packs were made before the game shipped right? There are not going to be any community demands or anything <mark>till the 4th one</mark>. I’m thinking a forge world type map will be in that one
>
> The fourth one? What? I highly doubt that they are going to make a fourth Map Pack. When I per-ordered Halo 4 and got the limited edition on one of the code sheets it said this…
>
> “WAR GAMES MAP PACKS <mark>9 new multiplayer maps</mark>. War Games map packs are released as <mark>THREE separate map packs after launch each containing three maps</mark>”.
>
> Sorry mate, but your point is proved wrong.

That just points in War Games Map Pass, not any exclusive Map or whatever DLC’s they decide to hand out, so your logic is fatal & in dire need of re-written. It also states 3 AFTER Launch, they didn’t say they couldn’t add more anywhere in it & or make another DLC.

They said War Games Map Pass, but they didn’t say there weren’t going to be more maps or map passes. For all We know, May 2nd will bring a lot of attention to everyone that day I’m guessing. Why would you think they’d not bring another map dlc out as the fact remains halo 5 is gonna be a few years, so you got to make money somehow. So, I’m certan by the time halo 5 comes out a lot of complaining will be stopped, hopefully.

So,

___________–

So,

> > > >

^Sorry mate, but your point is proved wrong.^

Why on earth do you think this game needs MORE BTB maps focused on vehicle gameplay. That’s what all the maps are currently focused on currently, save the good few made for competitive slayer. Just because Majestic added 3 good maps does not mean there are now plenty of decent maps for slayer. I’m sad ;(

It’s great having Big team maps!

However…it sucks we can’t play anything that isn’t slayer on them.

What are you complaining about anyway? Crimson was all about the medium, Majestic was small, so castle would most likely be big maps.

> It’s great having Big team maps!
>
> However…it sucks we can’t play anything that isn’t slayer on them.
>
> What are you complaining about anyway? Crimson was all about the medium, Majestic was small, so castle would most likely be big maps.

They say that but Crimson would work great for BTB. I honestly can’t see any other gametype working for those maps. So in my mind those are BTB maps. Now 3 more with Castle brings the BTB map count close 20,000.

It wouldn’t be that bad to have new BTB maps if they had variety in gametypes.