Castle DLC Feedback

If you have played in the Castle DLC playlist, this is the place to leave the Matchmaking Systems Team your feedback! Please leave your thoughts on the following items and issues:

-Game types offered in this playlist (game settings, how they play on the map, etc)
-Maps in this playlist (design, weapons, flow, balance, etc)
-Anything else related to this playlist that you feel is important!

Note: If you found a bug while playing Halo 4 Matchmaking, please post here.

The Matchmaking Systems Team will review feedback and join the discussion when necessary. Thanks for playing.

These maps are too big for 4v4. I know that playlist should be 6v6, just please, fix it faster :wink:

Also, as for Halo 4, we can call 6v6 BTB. So for BTB most fun is by playing with game’s sandbox, so do we really need SWAT and Team Snipers in here? IMO gametypes without custom loadouts should stay in their playlists.

Those are big maps and so, are very easy dominated by DMR. It’s not playlist or map’s issue, but still DMR is annoying as hell. I wish to play on these maps with balanced weapons.

Other than that I’m very happy with playlist and maps. Framerate is stable even on splitscreen (after Crimson I was really afraid about this matter), maps seems to be very playable. Will tell more when I play more.

Love the maps!

I note that SWAT has had the number of kills required to win for the 6v6 version increased over the normal 4v4 version, which is good.

However, for Infinity Slayer 6v6 version, I feel that the number of kills required to win needs to be increased. The matches are being completed far to quickly. It should be more in line with the 8v8 version; not 100 kills but perhaps 80 kills would be good.

Cheers

Really love these maps!

Perdition reminds me of Terminal and Headlong. Just too bad there’s no actual one-sided objectives. It plays great!

Daybreak reminds me of Ascension (with the Banshee) and Standoff (the good qualities of Standoff).

Outcast… My least favorite of the three, but maybe it’s because I’m not playing 8v8 or Dominion. I’m betting its amazing for those, especially Dominion.

Really great job on these maps!

As for the playlist, get rid of Oddball on Outcast. The map is too big for the gametype, and once one team has the ball, and can set up even somewhat, they win the match.

Enjoying everything else from the playlist.

Kept getting spawn killed each time I tried the playlist. Just wasn’t fun for me to only be able to walk maybe 2 steps and dying after the initial spawn nearly all the time. This happened on every single map in the playlist that I played on.

-Maps in this playlist (design, weapons, flow, balance, etc)

I am consistently spawned near enemies on perdition, effectively being spawn-killed. It would be better if the player is spawned on the opposite side of the map where he is not instantly being shot at.

Please remove SWAT, at least from Perdition and Outcast. SWAT just is just awful on such open maps with long lines of sight.

I have to agree that the spawning on Perdition while playing SWAT was bad. At one point, I was getting killed so quickly I could barely run. I recommend that there be more spawning in-doors or something because I always spawned right in the open.

Otherwise, I love the maps. Haven’t had a problem with the other ones. Outcast should have Dominion, but other than that great job! :slight_smile:

Perdition - I loath this map already. It plays bad for slayer, ok for CTF, decent for extraction, but I played about 9 games of Castle DLC and about 7 of them were on this map.

A few times it offered two Perdition choices. I am truly tired of this map.

Daybreak - I have not actually been able to play this map yet because Perdition is weighted far too heavily.

Outcast - Not too bad, great for CTF, overall, a decent map.

Castle DLC as a whole will likely be in the low 1k population in one to two weeks though, Matchmaking seriously needs an established DLC playlist which holds all the maps, and when a new map pack comes out, only the new maps can be chosen for a week or two then it reverts to all DLC maps again.

> If you have played in the Castle DLC playlist, this is the place to leave the Matchmaking Systems Team your feedback! Please leave your thoughts on the following items and issues:
>
> -Game types offered in this playlist (game settings, how they play on the map, etc)
> -Maps in this playlist (design, weapons, flow, balance, etc)
> -Anything else related to this playlist that you feel is important!
>
> Note: If you found a bug while playing Halo 4 Matchmaking, please post here.
>
> The Matchmaking Systems Team will review feedback and join the discussion when necessary. Thanks for playing.

Team Objective :

List of weapons who should be used :

Covenant Weapons

PLASMA PISTOL
NEEDLER
STORM RIFLE
CONCUSSION RIFLE
(SHADE)
PLASMA CANNON
PLASMA GRENADE

UNSC Weapons

ASSAULT RIFLE
MAGNUM
RAILGUN
SAW
MACHINE GUN
FRAG GRENADE

Forerunner Weapons

BOLTSHOT
SUPPRESSOR
PULSE GRENADE

The others guns destroyed the gameplay and the power up “Vision Promethean” too for objective mode. Vehicles I’m Ok it’s fun.

Team Slayer :

It’s Slayer. But I hate Team SWAT. This mode doesn’t have his place inside Castle DLC At all!! Too long way, area and game not developped for this mode.

PS: Achievments : Easy, cause a few achievments can be glitched, cause it’s not really fixed.

SWAT needs to go. Definitely not fit for large maps at all. It’s not SWAT on Hemorrhage like in the early Reach days, but it’s still pretty bad whenever that’s picked.

Did not like flying the Banshee. Ceiling it too low, and perimeter is too tight.

End up having to fly through tunnels. or scraping the ground.

I think the dimensions on Reach-Boneyard were better.

I think oddball could use a bit more time, maybe 50 or 100 more seconds would be fine.

Is it possible to have previous DLC achievements available to unlock on Castle maps, just like in prior Halos the previous map pack achievements can be unlocked in later map packs? Or at least add a playlist later of all the DLC maps?

Is it just me or are the voting options kinda strange? One time all my choices were Predition. I like that map but it would be nice to have at least two maps to choose from during every vote.

Remove SWAT from this playlist. It has no place on these large maps.

Fix the DMR so I can have a decent match on Daybreak. The DMR in its current state totally ruins that map.

Fix the flag placement on Perdition. Blue team has an advantage because they have an elevated area.

Where are the Mongooses on Perdition?

Put Dominion on Outcast in this playlist. I’m not going to take my changes on trying to get it to show up in the Dominion playlist.

I really like the maps.

Gametypes - remove Oddball.

No other feedback.

Oddball, King and SWAT need to go, they just don’t work in a 6v6 setting.

Also why isn’t Dominion in this playlist? There is next to no chance of finding Outcast in the dedicated playlist, so it makes sense to have it here.

Daybreak:
Some of the spawns on top of the bases are such that you barely take a step or 2 forward before falling down. Sure we need some awareness on spawn, but it’s a bit much.

I’m impartial to the Banshee at the moment. Is it as bad as the Banshee on Ascension? Not yet.

Love the infantry and 'Hog flow.

Outcast:
It’s definitely a killer for the Wraith and Mantis. Need some objectives on this to feel the bases. Haven’t rolled in any vehicles but have slaughtered the heavies.
Lots of niche-seated killboxes :slight_smile:

Perdition:
LOVE the flow of infantry.
I love even more how 'Hogs can dominate but it takes awhile to understand how, when and where you can pop up to do so. The many angles and clutter don’t give the vehicles much breathing room for sloppy work but the ability to suddenly pop out of nowhere is hilarious, I mean grrreat.

I would love to try Gauss’ and Mantises in a Heavy variant.

… Like Rat’s Nest/Race but in Hell (that’s a good thing).

Add Dominion and Team Regicide. Remove IS.