Careful what you wish for

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Almost every single thread in this Halo 5 section of the forums includes posts which say something to the effect of “Good then just leave. Yes, please do leave. Leave, leave, leave!”. To those of you who continue to post things like this . . . well, I just suggest you read the title of this thread, and honestly consider what it is that you’re doing and asking for.

All I’m seeing is people who bash the game or claim the series is dead.

When we tell these people to leave if they don’t enjoy the game anymore, they come out with:
“If I leave then 343 is in deep trouble! I’ve been playing since the beginning so if a long time fan is going to leave then you know for a fact that the series has gone downhill!”

What are we supposed to say to that? If you don’t like the game anymore and you’re just not feeling it like you used to, don’t buy it. I’m not saying that to be a -Yoink-. If you don’t enjoy the game then don’t play it. I can’t speak for everyone but that’s all that I’ve meant by saying “Leave”.

I don’t care if you’ve played the game for 10 years or 10 minutes.

> 2533274946634226;1:
> Almost every single thread in this Halo 5 section of the forums includes posts which say something to the effect of “Good then just leave. Yes, please do leave. Leave, leave, leave!”. To those of you who continue to post things like this . . . well, I just suggest you read the title of this thread, and honestly consider what it is that you’re doing and asking for.

Here’s why:

People say “I don’t like what I’m seeing of Halo 5, I’m going to leave”

Then others, who have no control over the game nor can they make changes, say “okay, bye. See ya.”

What do you want them to do? Ignore them? Not say “Farewell”? That’d be rude.

If you don’t like the game and are going to leave, and you say “I’m going to leave” then according to common courtesy, it is customary to say “goodbye”.

No one here can change the game to your liking. If you’re going to leave, then have a nice day!

> 2533274833600810;2:
> All I’m seeing is people who bash the game or claim the series is dead.
>
> When we tell these people to leave if they don’t enjoy the game anymore, they come out with:
> “If I leave then 343 is in deep trouble! I’ve been playing since the beginning so if a long time fan is going to leave then you know for a fact that the series has gone downhill!”
>
> What are we supposed to say to that? If you don’t like the game anymore and you’re just not feeling it like you used to, don’t buy it. I’m not saying that to be a -Yoink-. If you don’t enjoy the game then don’t play it. I can’t speak for everyone but that’s all that I’ve meant by saying “Leave”.
>
> I don’t care if you’ve played the game for 10 years or 10 minutes.

You don’t say anything. You allow people to vent their frustration, and simply gain a little reassurance from the idea of having those frustrations of theirs being heard. They’re just as big of a part of this game as you are, I am, anybody else is. When we wish them away, we technically wish them all away. Things aren’t as black and white as that last statement, but there’s enough truth there to be considered, at the very least.

Also, I’ve never read one comment on these forums from someone who even suggested, much less blatantly stated, that if 343 loses them they and Halo will surely go downhill. While I have seen/read plenty of ridiculous comments on here, I’ve never read a self-centered comment of that magnitude. What I see all the time is people venting frustration, who truly are longtime halo fans/players/and customers of Bungie and now 343. What I often see following such comments are unnecessary wishing and pleading for their departure from this series which exists today, largely as a result of their longtime support and interest in this franchise.

So, again . . . Careful what you wish for.

> 2533274833600810;2:
> All I’m seeing is people who bash the game or claim the series is dead.
>
> When we tell these people to leave if they don’t enjoy the game anymore, they come out with:
> “If I leave then 343 is in deep trouble! I’ve been playing since the beginning so if a long time fan is going to leave then you know for a fact that the series has gone downhill!”
>
> What are we supposed to say to that? If you don’t like the game anymore and you’re just not feeling it like you used to, don’t buy it. I’m not saying that to be a -Yoink-. If you don’t enjoy the game then don’t play it. I can’t speak for everyone but that’s all that I’ve meant by saying “Leave”.
>
> I don’t care if you’ve played the game for 10 years or 10 minutes.

Then dont say anything. You’re not adding anything to the conversation, just ignore it. Posters like you are just as bad as the ones you’re replying to.

> 2533274883669557;3:
> > 2533274946634226;1:
> > Almost every single thread in this Halo 5 section of the forums includes posts which say something to the effect of “Good then just leave. Yes, please do leave. Leave, leave, leave!”. To those of you who continue to post things like this . . . well, I just suggest you read the title of this thread, and honestly consider what it is that you’re doing and asking for.
>
>
> Here’s why:
>
> People say “I don’t like what I’m seeing of Halo 5, I’m going to leave”
>
> Then others, who have no control over the game nor can they make changes, say “okay, bye. See ya.”
>
> What do you want them to do? Ignore them? Not say “Farewell”? That’d be rude.
>
> If you don’t like the game and are going to leave, and you say “I’m going to leave” then according to common courtesy, it is customary to say “goodbye”.
>
> No one here can change the game to your liking. If you’re going to leave, then have a nice day!

smh. Clearly…that’s not what I’m referring to, but since you bring it up - You know good and well what they’re doing in those situations. You should also know what you’re doing here^ isn’t any better.

You guys realize that one person leaving makes little to no difference, but what you cannot seem to come to grips with is that this cult-like mindset of “be positive about Halo in your comments or be nonconstructive and hateful” breeds cynicism and helps build a wall between they and yourselves. Many times, these are players who have been with Halo since the very beginning or at least early on in Halo’s lifetime.

You’re pushing away your fellow players, and while each one on their own might be insignificant…one by one, they add up, and I’m just asking you to consider what you’re contributing to when you wish for them to leave. That’s all.

I’ll say please leave, you won’t be missed. Halo 5 is looking fantastic and I’ll enjoy a community that is actually interested in the game.

> 2533274822158676;7:
> I’ll say please leave, you won’t be missed. Halo 5 is looking fantastic and I’ll enjoy a community that is actually interested in the game.

Shortsightedness is a -Yoink- - I promise.

> 2667980672125011;5:
> > 2533274833600810;2:
> > All I’m seeing is people who bash the game or claim the series is dead.
> >
> > When we tell these people to leave if they don’t enjoy the game anymore, they come out with:
> > “If I leave then 343 is in deep trouble! I’ve been playing since the beginning so if a long time fan is going to leave then you know for a fact that the series has gone downhill!”
> >
> > What are we supposed to say to that? If you don’t like the game anymore and you’re just not feeling it like you used to, don’t buy it. I’m not saying that to be a -Yoink-. If you don’t enjoy the game then don’t play it. I can’t speak for everyone but that’s all that I’ve meant by saying “Leave”.
> >
> > I don’t care if you’ve played the game for 10 years or 10 minutes.
>
>
> Then dont say anything. You’re not adding anything to the conversation, just ignore it. Posters like you are just as bad as the ones you’re replying to.

If someone creates a thread on a forum out of frustration and they don’t want a response and then lash out against people who respond…in a forum, then they are a child.

They’re not adding anything to the forums by venting and getting mad at people who reply.

> 2533274833600810;9:
> > 2667980672125011;5:
> > > 2533274833600810;2:
> > > All I’m seeing is people who bash the game or claim the series is dead.
> > >
> > > When we tell these people to leave if they don’t enjoy the game anymore, they come out with:
> > > “If I leave then 343 is in deep trouble! I’ve been playing since the beginning so if a long time fan is going to leave then you know for a fact that the series has gone downhill!”
> > >
> > > What are we supposed to say to that? If you don’t like the game anymore and you’re just not feeling it like you used to, don’t buy it. I’m not saying that to be a -Yoink-. If you don’t enjoy the game then don’t play it. I can’t speak for everyone but that’s all that I’ve meant by saying “Leave”.
> > >
> > > I don’t care if you’ve played the game for 10 years or 10 minutes.
> >
> >
> > Then dont say anything. You’re not adding anything to the conversation, just ignore it. Posters like you are just as bad as the ones you’re replying to.
>
>
> If someone creates a thread on a forum out of frustration and they don’t want a response and then lash out against people who respond…in a forum, then they are a child.

And you are no better than them.