Carbon copy maps

I hate it when games carbon copy things, it just shows how a dev team can get lazy and repetitive. For example we all love midship and have love it since halo 2, but 343 put 2 versions of it in halo 5, regret and truth are what I’m talking about here. They are exactly the same in almost every way except 1 regret has like 3 walls that truth doesn’t have. Eden and empire are also carbon copies, empire is slightly smaller but they are still almost the exact same. The only real noticeable difference is that eden has a bridge that empire doesn’t have. I feel like 343 put too much time into the campaign since they completely changed it during the game development. They might not have had enough time to focus on the problems halo 5 multiplayer has.what do you think about the carbon copies that are grossley apparent in halo 5?

This isn’t the only carbon copies. It certainly shows how lazy they are and how little they respect us.

I wouldn’t say they dont respect us, even though they took out split screen to force you to buy more Xbox ones yeah. But I think they definitely got too caught up completely redoing the campaign

> 2533274793248262;2:
> This isn’t the only carbon copies. It certainly shows how lazy they are and how little they respect us.

Have you seen any other carbon copies in halo 5?

Overgrowth is a perfect example of what a remix should be. While one room or two may play similar, everything else feels entirely different and I play each map uniquely to their own. The other remixes lack the depth though and really don’t alter the gameplay that much betwix the two. What they really need to do is add a wider variety of arena maps, then the remixes here and there won’t feel so dull as they’ll start to feel unique in their own right once we have a wide enough variety.

…how can they be carbon copies when they all play differently? And its not like this is the first time midships has been redone.

They just need more maps. Overgrowth is supposed to be Plaza and I find little likeness. Empire is One half of Eden, its not really a spin off.

> 2533274815582829;6:
> …how can they be carbon copies when they all play differently? And its not like this is the first time midships has been redone.

True its not the first time but regret and truth play exactly the same in every way except for regret having like 3 walls and 2 passageways truth doesn’t have

Regret is Truth upside down and it does NOT play the same. Try holding top mid on Regret, then see if you can pull off the same thing on Midship…

Will agree with pretty much every other map.

> 2533274819302824;9:
> Regret is Truth upside down and it does NOT play the same. Try holding top mid on Regret, then see if you can pull off the same thing on Midship…
>
> Will agree with pretty much every other map.

It does play exactly the same its still the same map and you can hold the middle pretty easily on mid ship if you have the right tools even on the original

> 2533274903052473;5:
> Overgrowth is a perfect example of what a remix should be. While one room or two may play similar, everything else feels entirely different and I play each map uniquely to their own. The other remixes lack the depth though and really don’t alter the gameplay that much betwix the two. What they really need to do is add a wider variety of arena maps, then the remixes here and there won’t feel so dull as they’ll start to feel unique in their own right once we have a wide enough variety.

Overgrowth kind of reminds me of that abandoned city map in halo 3 mythic map pack can’t remember the name though. I think it was just called abandoned but I could be wrong

> 2533274879407634;8:
> > 2533274815582829;6:
> > …how can they be carbon copies when they all play differently? And its not like this is the first time midships has been redone.
>
>
> True its not the first time but regret and truth play exactly the same in every way except for regret having like 3 walls and 2 passageways truth doesn’t have

Not even remotely. I don’t get how you could possibly think this. Can you see all the way across Regret from the bases or Pink/Carbine? No. Top mid on the two maps? Entirely different, both in shape and function. Pink and Carbine and power positions in Truth. Top mid is the power position in Regret. Changing those sight-lines is a huge deal. Regret has OS in bottom mid, which completely changes the flow of the game, particularly at the start.

And for the other remixes. Eden is a far more open, asymetrical map that plays nothing like Empire. Seriously? The sight lines between the nests? Those wide open catwalks? Rocket and Sniper spawns instead of OS and Plasma Caster? The entire bottom mid area? Another long sight-line. Play a game of strongholds on each and tell me that they’re “almost exactly the same.” Overgrowth is Corners: The Map™ with the same basic layout as Plaza, and not much else.

The carbon copies are really noticeable in Warzone. Apart from the central building in battle of Noctus which is new, all of the bases and buildings across the different War zone maps are identical. The first time I saw gameplay of March on stormbreak before the game was released, I got confused and thought it was Escape from ARC because the bases are identical.

> 2533274879407634;11:
> > 2533274903052473;5:
> > Overgrowth is a perfect example of what a remix should be. While one room or two may play similar, everything else feels entirely different and I play each map uniquely to their own. The other remixes lack the depth though and really don’t alter the gameplay that much betwix the two. What they really need to do is add a wider variety of arena maps, then the remixes here and there won’t feel so dull as they’ll start to feel unique in their own right once we have a wide enough variety.
>
>
> Overgrowth kind of reminds me of that abandoned city map in halo 3 mythic map pack can’t remember the name though. I think it was just called abandoned but I could be wrong

You’re thinking of Ghost Town. But yes, both of the maps do have a similar feel.

I suggest you look up what “Carbon Copy” means. Misusing a word to suit your point doesn’t reinforce the point.

And now this thread is completely abandoned

I just realized earlier today as well people that overgrowth and plaza are the same map as well with the difference being size and that overgrowth is more crowded then plaza. But their still pretty much the same