Carbine the best precision weapon?

I should really be going to sleep now, I stayed up way too late playing this game.

I just wanted to know what everyone thought of the Carbine. I know it is an 8 shot kill compared to 5 for the BR and DMR, but its rate of fire and accuracy seem to make it unbeatable in my experience. I raised my KD after my friend played it to less than 1 on my account to 1.47 in one night. 1143 of my 1979 kills are with the Carbine and 975 of those are headshots. In one on one precision weapon battles I almost never get outshot no matter what the other person is using.

I think that the combination of the high level of accuracy, plus the high rate of fire causing the other player to ‘flinch’, makes the Carbine easily the deadliest precision weapon in the game. Maybe it’s just that I’m so used to it by now, but I’m not sure if I would be doing so well with the BR or DMR.

What do you think? Am I just crazy, or does anyone else think so highly of the Carbine?

My experience is that the Carbine is good for mid-close range, but other rifles out-gun it at long range due to other rifles requiring less bullets to kill.

The Carbine got the short end of the stick. Its my favorite Rifle because I used it all the time in Halo 2. But seriously? If you are going to bring it back, bring it back with some power.

It is easily outgunned in power by the DMR, BR, and LR. The rof does help, but it needs to be made a 7 or 6 shot kill

yeah its actually even in power more than you think. it does take more shots to kill but it allows you to spam the trigger where dmr doesnt making its kill time near identical. as a plus more bullets pumping out faster means dmr guy is flinching up and you less so. dmr makes up for this by stuffing carbine easily at long range. and br is ultimately dead even with it but br takes less trigger pulls and flinches the carbine user up more a once but carbine users have more spaced out bullets than br so it flinches you up less but for a duration making aiming hard, and light rifle simpley is both a br and dmr so it actually wins as best i can tell over them all. but your right carbine is viable dont let the 8 shot fool you

ill have to check up on light rifle vs dmr and br, id also like to check ar and storm rifle equality and i’ve heard scary stories about boltshot killing at more range than shotguns and scattershots do which seems kinda bad except that it requires a charge. i feel like the kill times are even and the tradeoffs help make what would be op or not useable more relevant and fair but i think i may test them all cause im really trying to imagine a situation where supressor is ever a good option, especially with these maps being largeish. maybe with camo and mobility you could get in a range where its useful but even as close range weapons go i think ar and storm beat it.

You are correct, the Carbine is infact the best precision gun in the game next to the Magnum. Why? lets review.

• Its rate of fire is beyond good for anyone who has half a brain to aim and with Dexterity its only that much more good.
  • Its accuracy in my honest opinion is better then any other precision gun in this game.
  • Against any other precision gun besides the Magnum if you are shooting the Carbine as fast as it possibly can and making sure every hit hits the target (which isn’t hard with this guns amazing accuracy) it will win the gun fight.

Sure, every other precision gun has the ability to kill enemies with less bullets but not faster. I kill people with the Carbine before they even have a chance to react, its high rate of fire plus accuracy makes it the best primary gun in my opinion. The Carbine is my love, people say the DMR is better give me a break ill take accuracy and rate of fire over power any day, and infact if you’re using the Carbine to its actually potential its a monster. If you’re not owning with the Carbine you either don’t have Dexterity, cannot aim worth a damn, or are not firing it to its full rate of fire.

The Carbine is easily the worst precision weapon, even if used to its full potential. No starting weapon is better than the DMR in its current OP state.

I do get a lot of kill steals when I do use the Carbine because it is so precise and fires as fast as you can pull the trigger.

Best precision weapon?

Sniper rifle.

> Best precision weapon?
>
> Sniper rifle.

You can spawn with a Sniper Rifle? omgl33tHAX

The stats show it is the worst.

Leat kills per clip.

Slowest kill time out of all the rifles.

Short Auto aim range (same as BR)

Bloom that doesnt show

> > Best precision weapon?
> >
> > Sniper rifle.
>
> You can spawn with a Sniper Rifle? omgl33tHAX

yeah its called a DMR

> My experience is that the Carbine is good for mid-close range, but other rifles out-gun it at long range due to other rifles requiring less bullets to kill.

It still needs to be buffed a tad bit.

> > > Best precision weapon?
> > >
> > > Sniper rifle.
> >
> > You can spawn with a Sniper Rifle? omgl33tHAX
>
> yeah its called a DMR

Owned

I wish the Carbine (and all other precision loadout weapons) saw more use. It’s like 343 wanted all the weapons aside from the DMR to be weaker.

The BR is a 5 shot instead of a 4 shot.
The Carbine is an 8 shot instead of a 7 shot.
The Light Rifle is new but still can’t compare to the DMR.

If they would just nerf the DMR a bit while giving the BR and Carbine take one less shot to kill, everything would be balanced.

Carbine falls behind when there are multiple shooters or LOS blockers. Halo isn’t just about open field 1v1s.

Cleans up nice, but the damage isn’t what it use to be.