Carbine SWAT

People keep asking if SWAT is gong to be with Battle Rifle or DMR. Why does no one ask about the carbine? It’s a semi-auto rifle and it fits the game type. I think people overlooked the covenant weapons in SWAT because the Needle Rifle in Reach was not suitable for SWAT.

Light rifle too!There all the same class of weapon.

I would love Carbine SWAT. Hell, why not add Light Rifle SWAT while their at it?

It is kinda too bad Elites aren’t playable for Halo 4, cuz then I would make Elite SWAT (Elites with Carbines and PPs).

Edit: I would also like ShWATguns to return aswell.

If there is a SWAT playlists, they should have DMR/BR SWAT, Covie SWAT, Promethean SWAT and others.

As long as they don’t allow custom loadouts in SWAT it will be awesome.

Edit: There should be no AA’s except for hologram and maybe thruster pack. Everyone should be forced to play with the same weapons.

I think the DMR is best suited for SWAT. The Burst fire on the LR and BR makes it a little too forgiving while the Carbine has such a high rof that one miss barely makes a dent. Having the others as map pickups would make more sense

> As long as they don’t allow custom loadouts in SWAT it will be awesome.
>
> Edit: There should be no AA’s except for hologram and maybe thruster pack. Everyone should be forced to play with the same weapons.

Lol, what if someone brought an Assault Rifle to SWAT?

DMR SWAT is best SWAT. Other variants in playlist are okay, even though I know that Carbine and BR are lesser SWATs; but, would actually like to play Promethean SWAT because new guns.

SWAT.

> > As long as they don’t allow custom loadouts in SWAT it will be awesome.
> >
> > Edit: There should be no AA’s except for hologram and maybe thruster pack. Everyone should be forced to play with the same weapons.
>
> Lol, what if someone brought an Assault Rifle to SWAT?

cringe What I meant was, I don’t think having all different guns (DMR, BR, LR, Carbine…) in the same game would play well. If players are allowed a choice as to what gun they use this will happen.

All the different hs capable weapons have their distinct pros/cons:
DMR single shot, low RoF, very accurate
BR burst fire allows for easy multi-kills, but is less precise
Carbine single shot, high RoF, good accuracy and precision
LR combo of DMR and BR

I think the DMR is best for SWAT as it requires the most consistent aim as it is the least forgiving of the 4 weapons.

I think the only problem with carbine swat would be the insane RoF it has compared to the other precision weapons. Of course if it has extremely low aim assist to compensate, then I’m all for it.

The funny thing is that in halo 3, swat DID have the carbine on every map. It could be picked up by anybody, yet you almost never saw somebody use it.

> > > As long as they don’t allow custom loadouts in SWAT it will be awesome.
> > >
> > > Edit: There should be no AA’s except for hologram and maybe thruster pack. Everyone should be forced to play with the same weapons.
> >
> > Lol, what if someone brought an Assault Rifle to SWAT?
>
> cringe What I meant was, I don’t think having all different guns (DMR, BR, LR, Carbine…) in the same game would play well. If players are allowed a choice as to what gun they use this will happen.
>
> All the different hs capable weapons have their distinct pros/cons:
> DMR single shot, low RoF, very accurate
> BR burst fire allows for easy multi-kills, but is less precise
> Carbine single shot, high RoF, good accuracy and precision
> LR combo of DMR and BR
>
> I think the DMR is best for SWAT as it requires the most consistent aim as it is the least forgiving of the 4 weapons.

It’s true the DMR is the least forgiving, but I didn’t like the fact that almost anytime multiple people jumped out at you you had no chance to kill more than one unless they were bad (or let’s just say unless they miss). That’s why I preferred the BR swat more; because though it’s more forgiving for headshots it still takes a good amount of reflex and aim skill while allowing you to have a chance against multiple players.

> I think the DMR is best suited for SWAT. The Burst fire on the LR and BR makes it a little too forgiving while the Carbine has such a high rof that one miss barely makes a dent. Having the others as map pickups would make more sense

Wholly agreed

I think swat should be broken up into this:

Singles Swat- DMR or Carbine starts (your choice)

Swat BRs- BR starts

Secondary Swat- Magnum or Boltshot starts (your choice)

As for the Light Rifle, I think it should be a pick up in the Singles and BR swat I suggested. I say this because it’s capable of single shot and burst fire which makes it the most versatile gun for swat. I think it would add something to the gametype to fight over a weapon.

> I think the only problem with carbine swat would be the insane RoF it has compared to the other precision weapons. Of course if it has extremely low aim assist to compensate, then I’m all for it.
>
> <mark>The funny thing is that in halo 3, swat DID have the carbine on every map. It could be picked up by anybody, yet you almost never saw somebody use it.</mark>

The most probable reason for that is that you die so quickly in SWAT, and so chances are you won’t really get to use any pick-ups for more than a few shots before you’re downed. It has to do with whether or not the risk is worth the reward, and it’s probably the same reason for why people never pick up weapons in CoD or Battlefield.

EDIT: Back in Halo 3, I got my first Extermination medal ever with a CC on SWAT Assembly. It was a happy moment.

OT: I think we should start with the DMR in SWAT, but have the BR, CC, LR, BS, and Magnum available as pick-ups. If people are good enough to survive for longer periods of time in this gametype, they deserve weapon variation.

(And even though people won’t be rushing to get them, it’s always good to have the options. Cycling between weapons keeps gameplay exciting and fresh.)