Carbine Rifle

Where is the regular carbine rifle? Not really a fan of the 3 round burst carbine rifle… Let’s hear some thoughts.

My only problem with the current Pulse Carbine is that the range where it works seems like such a tiny window. The lock on with it also seems really jank.

The Carbine isn’t likely in the game. If I had to guess, it’s been replaced by the Banished Stalker Rifle.

Halo Infinite’s weapon sandbox has been massively refined by getting rid of loads of the redundant weaponry. That includes the SMG, DMR, Carbine, Saw, Lightrifle etc.

We don’t need 3-4 weapons that all serve the same purpose. Having less weapons but each of them being more individual is a much better option in my opinion.

> 2533274865778947;3:
> The Carbine isn’t likely in the game. If I had to guess, it’s been replaced by the Banished Stalker Rifle.
>
> Halo Infinite’s weapon sandbox has been massively refined by getting rid of loads of the redundant weaponry. That includes the SMG, DMR, Carbine, Saw, Lightrifle etc.
>
> We don’t need 3-4 weapons that all serve the same purpose. Having less weapons but each of them being more individual is a much better option in my opinion.

Yea I agree with you there with not having so many guns in the line up, just hoping the pulse carbine will be as good as the br in the end result.

> 2533274865778947;3:
> The Carbine isn’t likely in the game. If I had to guess, it’s been replaced by the Banished Stalker Rifle.
>
> Halo Infinite’s weapon sandbox has been massively refined by getting rid of loads of the redundant weaponry. That includes the SMG, DMR, Carbine, Saw, Lightrifle etc.
>
> We don’t need 3-4 weapons that all serve the same purpose. Having less weapons but each of them being more individual is a much better option in my opinion.

Amen

> 2533274865778947;3:
> The Carbine isn’t likely in the game. If I had to guess, it’s been replaced by the Banished Stalker Rifle.
>
> Halo Infinite’s weapon sandbox has been massively refined by getting rid of loads of the redundant weaponry. That includes the SMG, DMR, Carbine, Saw, Lightrifle etc.
>
> We don’t need 3-4 weapons that all serve the same purpose. Having less weapons but each of them being more individual is a much better option in my opinion.

And yet there still ended up being quite a bit of redundancy anyway. The Sniper and Shock Rifle are prime examples. The Shock Rifle is literally just a sniper that does a thing slightly different, but still mostly just does what sniper do.

The Disruptor and Sidekick have the same relationship, as do the Plasma and Spike nades.

> 2533274810177460;6:
> > 2533274865778947;3:
> > The Carbine isn’t likely in the game. If I had to guess, it’s been replaced by the Banished Stalker Rifle.
> >
> > Halo Infinite’s weapon sandbox has been massively refined by getting rid of loads of the redundant weaponry. That includes the SMG, DMR, Carbine, Saw, Lightrifle etc.
> >
> > We don’t need 3-4 weapons that all serve the same purpose. Having less weapons but each of them being more individual is a much better option in my opinion.
>
> And yet there still ended up being quite a bit of redundancy anyway. The Sniper and Shock Rifle are prime examples. The Shock Rifle is literally just a sniper that does a thing slightly different, but still mostly just does what sniper do.
>
> The Disruptor and Sidekick have the same relationship, as do the Plasma and Spike nades.

The shock rifle does stop a vehicle in it’s tracks pretty well too. Actually a lot of weapons do that now while the Plasma Pistol seems to be off on whether it works or not as well as bad tracking. The plasma and spike grenades both stick, but that is the only similarity, and the disruptor does a bit less damage than the sidekick, but has some anti vehicle capabilities like the shock rifle and dynamo genades. Really, with all of the new tools to demolish vehicles or capture them quite easy (grapplehook) higher end vehicles can switch hands quite easily which can be frustrating at times.

Pulse Carbine is just kind of an oddball weapon right now with a weird distance in which it tends to work well, and not too much damage. It feels like it almost tried to take the role of the Plasma Rifle and Storm Rifle, but came out pretty mediocre.

> 2533274865778947;3:
> The Carbine isn’t likely in the game. If I had to guess, it’s been replaced by the Banished Stalker Rifle.
>
> Halo Infinite’s weapon sandbox has been massively refined by getting rid of loads of the redundant weaponry. That includes the SMG, DMR, Carbine, Saw, Lightrifle etc.
>
> We don’t need 3-4 weapons that all serve the same purpose. Having less weapons but each of them being more individual is a much better option in my opinion.

But I love my carby it’s been my main weapon the whole series

Pulse carbine is more akin to an accurate plasma rifle fires in burst.
In terms of power, it’s as strong or stronger than the BR.
In terms of function, it’s straight up bad xD

I literally strafed out of it and killed the poor guy shooting at me with it.

> 2533274929353755;9:
> > 2533274865778947;3:
> > The Carbine isn’t likely in the game. If I had to guess, it’s been replaced by the Banished Stalker Rifle.
> >
> > Halo Infinite’s weapon sandbox has been massively refined by getting rid of loads of the redundant weaponry. That includes the SMG, DMR, Carbine, Saw, Lightrifle etc.
> >
> > We don’t need 3-4 weapons that all serve the same purpose. Having less weapons but each of them being more individual is a much better option in my opinion.
>
> But I love my carby it’s been my main weapon the whole series

I feel you there I love the Carbine and miss it. It was always a good alternative option to the BR if you were running low on ammo. Worked just as well. Don’t forget that little “pop” the magazine would do when you reloaded it. Almost as good as an M1 Garand ping.

> 2533274843698795;11:
> > 2533274929353755;9:
> > > 2533274865778947;3:
> > > The Carbine isn’t likely in the game. If I had to guess, it’s been replaced by the Banished Stalker Rifle.
> > >
> > > Halo Infinite’s weapon sandbox has been massively refined by getting rid of loads of the redundant weaponry. That includes the SMG, DMR, Carbine, Saw, Lightrifle etc.
> > >
> > > We don’t need 3-4 weapons that all serve the same purpose. Having less weapons but each of them being more individual is a much better option in my opinion.
> >
> > But I love my carby it’s been my main weapon the whole series
>
> I feel you there I love the Carbine and miss it. It was always a good alternative option to the BR if you were running low on ammo. Worked just as well. Don’t forget that little “pop” the magazine would do when you reloaded it. Almost as good as an M1 Garand ping.

Hell yea

> 2533274865778947;3:
> The Carbine isn’t likely in the game. If I had to guess, it’s been replaced by the Banished Stalker Rifle.
>
> Halo Infinite’s weapon sandbox has been massively refined by getting rid of loads of the redundant weaponry. That includes the SMG, DMR, Carbine, Saw, Lightrifle etc.
>
> We don’t need 3-4 weapons that all serve the same purpose. Having less weapons but each of them being more individual is a much better option in my opinion.

How many top ranks/#’s have you gotten…

> 2533274865778947;3:
> The Carbine isn’t likely in the game. If I had to guess, it’s been replaced by the Banished Stalker Rifle.
>
> Halo Infinite’s weapon sandbox has been massively refined by getting rid of loads of the redundant weaponry. That includes the SMG, DMR, Carbine, Saw, Lightrifle etc.
>
> We don’t need 3-4 weapons that all serve the same purpose. Having less weapons but each of them being more individual is a much better option in my opinion.

I’d be surprised if each new season doesn’t add more and more weapons, as well as multiple variations, back into the sandbox.

The Stalker rifle is the hybrid child of the beam rifle and carbine.

The carbine is cool though, and if it were to come back in some fashion, I wouldn’t mind it being the ‘alien commando’, since it would be a style choice at that point.

Redundancy is fine when it’s pretty much a cosmetic option, to me.

> 2533274862181038;14:
> > 2533274865778947;3:
> > The Carbine isn’t likely in the game. If I had to guess, it’s been replaced by the Banished Stalker Rifle.
> >
> > Halo Infinite’s weapon sandbox has been massively refined by getting rid of loads of the redundant weaponry. That includes the SMG, DMR, Carbine, Saw, Lightrifle etc.
> >
> > We don’t need 3-4 weapons that all serve the same purpose. Having less weapons but each of them being more individual is a much better option in my opinion.
>
> I’d be surprised if each new season doesn’t add more and more weapons, as well as multiple variations, back into the sandbox.

True. We don’t need those weapons, but a lot of people would really like them. But first, 343 needs to get the current sandbox in order. It’s messy.

Yeah just simply strafing makes the New Carbine useless. Even in the Weapon drills its so temperamental
.

> 2533274822068856;16:
> > 2533274862181038;14:
> > > 2533274865778947;3:
> > > The Carbine isn’t likely in the game. If I had to guess, it’s been replaced by the Banished Stalker Rifle.
> > >
> > > Halo Infinite’s weapon sandbox has been massively refined by getting rid of loads of the redundant weaponry. That includes the SMG, DMR, Carbine, Saw, Lightrifle etc.
> > >
> > > We don’t need 3-4 weapons that all serve the same purpose. Having less weapons but each of them being more individual is a much better option in my opinion.
> >
> > I’d be surprised if each new season doesn’t add more and more weapons, as well as multiple variations, back into the sandbox.
>
> True. We don’t need those weapons, but a lot of people would really like them. But first, 343 needs to get the current sandbox in order. It’s messy.

Agreed. It will to be a perpetual issue as they release new weapons, equipment, abilities and vehicles to feed the seasonal content monster.

> 2533274929353755;9:
> > 2533274865778947;3:
> > The Carbine isn’t likely in the game. If I had to guess, it’s been replaced by the Banished Stalker Rifle.
> >
> > Halo Infinite’s weapon sandbox has been massively refined by getting rid of loads of the redundant weaponry. That includes the SMG, DMR, Carbine, Saw, Lightrifle etc.
> >
> > We don’t need 3-4 weapons that all serve the same purpose. Having less weapons but each of them being more individual is a much better option in my opinion.
>
> But I love my carby it’s been my main weapon the whole series

I’m sure it may have, however you’re going to have to adapt now.
It’s entirely possible it could be added later in a multiplayer season.

> 2533274862181038;14:
> > 2533274865778947;3:
> > The Carbine isn’t likely in the game. If I had to guess, it’s been replaced by the Banished Stalker Rifle.
> >
> > Halo Infinite’s weapon sandbox has been massively refined by getting rid of loads of the redundant weaponry. That includes the SMG, DMR, Carbine, Saw, Lightrifle etc.
> >
> > We don’t need 3-4 weapons that all serve the same purpose. Having less weapons but each of them being more individual is a much better option in my opinion.
>
> I’d be surprised if each new season doesn’t add more and more weapons, as well as multiple variations, back into the sandbox.

quite possible to be honest, I’m pretty sure a whole back 343i did discuss the idea of bringing weapons and vehicles from older games into Halo Infinite over time. To what capacity they do that is anyones guess.

> 2533274840364415;13:
> > 2533274865778947;3:
> > The Carbine isn’t likely in the game. If I had to guess, it’s been replaced by the Banished Stalker Rifle.
> >
> > Halo Infinite’s weapon sandbox has been massively refined by getting rid of loads of the redundant weaponry. That includes the SMG, DMR, Carbine, Saw, Lightrifle etc.
> >
> > We don’t need 3-4 weapons that all serve the same purpose. Having less weapons but each of them being more individual is a much better option in my opinion.
>
> How many top ranks/#’s have you gotten…

Sorry, I don’t quite understand haha. Could you possibly expand?

The Pulse Carbine would become my favorite weapon in the entire franchise if it had slightly faster projectiles, and no tracking.

It’s like they finally decided to give a long ranged plasma utility weapon a try, and then got worried that players wouldn’t be able to lead their shots at mid-long ranges and added tracking. So now whether or not the weapon is effective has nothing to do with the skillset of the player using it.

It’s a shame. I’ve loved Plasma weapons since the beginning, and have gotten pretty darn good at making them work outside what most people would consider their range limit. But with the Plasma Pistol’s semi-auto being the weakest it’s been since the original trilogy, and the Pulse Carbine in a state that it doesn’t even reward it’s use, much less skill and practice. I don’t think there’s a plasma weapon in Halo Infinite I’m going to go out of my way to master.

Unless we are counting the Ghost. The Ghost is baller in this game. Also does the Ravager shoot plasma? I can’t tell if it’s a plasma weapon like the Concussion Rifle, or a grenade launcher like the Brute Shot. I really like the Ravager so if that’s Plasma it’s shooting I guess I’ll go with that.