Carbine nerf

I was wondering what they nerfed about the carbine, and why?

If it was the ROF does anyone know the new kill time?

Edit: and how many shots to kill is it

It has been nerfed. The reticule has been enlarged and it takes a couple more shots to kill apparently

Damn… It was going to be so good if you had a trigger finger and a knack for headshots.

To my knowledge, it is the exact same shots to kill as it was in the E3 build, only the rate of fire was nerfed.

> It has been nerfed. The <mark>reticule has been enlarged</mark> and it takes a couple more shots to kill apparently

Great…now instead of getting a kill i deserve itll be a 50/50 chance of it giving me the kill…

> To my knowledge, it is the exact same shots to kill as it was in the E3 build, only the rate of fire was nerfed.

Or this ^^^

I noticed it had a slower kill time and I know for sure the reticule is larger though. At RTX is was identical to the needle rifle’s. But at Pax the inner reticule looks to be double it’s size, cutting it’s accuracy a bit.

> > It has been nerfed. The <mark>reticule has been enlarged</mark> and it takes a couple more shots to kill apparently
>
> Great…now instead of getting a kill i deserve itll be a 50/50 chance of it giving me the kill…

It had perfect accuracy back at RTX. Getting a kill with it was cakewalk. Hence why many complained it had the fastest kill time. I’m glad it got nerfed, I love the carbine, but it should require skill to use

> > > It has been nerfed. The <mark>reticule has been enlarged</mark> and it takes a couple more shots to kill apparently
> >
> > Great…now instead of getting a kill i deserve itll be a 50/50 chance of it giving me the kill…
>
> It had perfect accuracy back at RTX. Getting a kill with it was cakewalk. Hence why many complained it had the fastest kill time. I’m glad it got nerfed, I love the carbine, but it should require skill to use

i didnt know randomness made a weapon harder to use
Maybe what your looking for is : less aim assist

From what I can see, the reticle is larger, and it shoots slower. It still looks really good, though.

> > > > It has been nerfed. The <mark>reticule has been enlarged</mark> and it takes a couple more shots to kill apparently
> > >
> > > Great…now instead of getting a kill i deserve itll be a 50/50 chance of it giving me the kill…
> >
> > It had perfect accuracy back at RTX. Getting a kill with it was cakewalk. Hence why many complained it had the fastest kill time. I’m glad it got nerfed, I love the carbine, but it should require skill to use
>
> i didnt know randomness made a weapon harder to use
> Maybe what your looking for is : less aim assist

It’s randomness is based on RoF as well. I’ve tested this back in Halo 2 and 3 it has ‘invisible’ bloom. I know Ive used it back at RTX but it fired purely center each time, it was like a laser-guided mini-sniper. I’d rather it be more random and more balanced than completely OP

So i assume its kill time is probably slower than the DMR now… Thats a shame

Either way, it looks like a beast, and I will still be beasting with it.

> > > > > It has been nerfed. The <mark>reticule has been enlarged</mark> and it takes a couple more shots to kill apparently
> > > >
> > > > Great…now instead of getting a kill i deserve itll be a 50/50 chance of it giving me the kill…
> > >
> > > It had perfect accuracy back at RTX. Getting a kill with it was cakewalk. Hence why many complained it had the fastest kill time. I’m glad it got nerfed, I love the carbine, but it should require skill to use
> >
> > i didnt know randomness made a weapon harder to use
> > Maybe what your looking for is : less aim assist
>
> It’s randomness is based on RoF as well. I’ve tested this back in Halo 2 and 3 it has ‘invisible’ bloom. I know Ive used it back at RTX but it fired purely center each time, it was like a laser-guided mini-sniper. I’d rather it be more random and more balanced than completely OP

Then lower the damage instead of making it random.

I think 343i just nerfed its ROF and that is still a 5sk.

Idk what these other guys are telling you but from what I’ve seen it still has the same rate of fire and the same size reticle it takes 2 more shots to kill tho, so it’s a 7sk I believe. Before it was a 5sk making it better than the BR, DMR and LR since it shoots faster so they nerfed it.

> Idk what these other guys are telling but from what I’ve seen it still has the same rate of fire and the same size reticle it takes 2 more shots to kill tho so it’s a 7sk I believe.

I beg to differ

E3

PAX

> > Idk what these other guys are telling but from what I’ve seen it still has the same rate of fire and the same size reticle it takes 2 more shots to kill tho so it’s a 7sk I believe.
>
> I beg to differ
>
> E3
>
> PAX

I thought that too. It was the guy’s shooting he wasn’t shooting as fast as he could look up more pax vids you’ll see it has the same ROF.

I was looking it up befoe I posted and Idk anymore 1 second it’s slow the next it’s fast I’m confused myself. I think the speed is abit slower now but it seem like the BR,DMR,carbine and LR(unscoped)all have the same kill time.

the e3 carbine was F***ing powerful.

I love the feel of the carbine, the damage was low enough in it’s previous state.

> > > > > It has been nerfed. The <mark>reticule has been enlarged</mark> and it takes a couple more shots to kill apparently
> > > >
> > > > Great…now instead of getting a kill i deserve itll be a 50/50 chance of it giving me the kill…
> > >
> > > It had perfect accuracy back at RTX. Getting a kill with it was cakewalk. Hence why many complained it had the fastest kill time. I’m glad it got nerfed, I love the carbine, but it should require skill to use
> >
> > i didnt know randomness made a weapon harder to use
> > Maybe what your looking for is : less aim assist
>
> It’s randomness is based on RoF as well. I’ve tested this back in Halo 2 and 3 it has ‘invisible’ bloom. I know Ive used it back at RTX but it fired purely center each time, it was like a laser-guided mini-sniper. I’d rather it be more random and more balanced than completely OP

False.

The spread in H2-3 had nothing to do with ROF.
knowledge

Adding randomness is a garbage way to balance a weapon and only lowers the skillgap.

they could just add bloom, or change the aiming thing back to the original one