Carbine is so underrated

Why do people say that the Carbine is weak. Each individual shot is weak, but if all hits land, it kills faster than the BR. Its a good mid-range weapon that can be effective at longer ranges and currently has the third fastest killing time among the precision rifles. But i do agree that it could use a large clip. Go to my Xbox Live Account “A Youngnific3nt” and its my Weapon of Destruction and I would say that my K/D is pretty decent to say the least.

BREAKDOWN OF PRECISION WEAPONS

> Why do people say that the Carbine is weak. Each individual shot is weak

HMMMMMMMM I WONDER IF YOU REALLY JUST ANSWERED YOUR OWN QUESTION

It may be the fastest killing precision weapon. But it’s accuracy is terrible, and in order for all shots to hit you need both player skill AND luck on your side (since most of the time you will NOT kill in 8 shots like it can at it’s prime, even with perfect aim on a not-moving target, you are VERY likely to kill in 10-12 shots just because of inaccurate shots).

The DMR and BR are both VERY easy to 5 hit kill with, requiring little player skill as both weapons have alot more bullet magnetism, and alot less spread than the Carbine. Meaning while the Carbine has the potential to kill faster than them, the DMR/BR are simply more consistent at any range you wouldn’t be better off using a Boltshot, or Automatic anyway.

if it wasn’t for the dmr i’d actually use it.

> It may be the fastest killing precision weapon. But it’s accuracy is terrible, and in order for all shots to hit you need both player skill AND luck on your side (since most of the time you will NOT kill in 8 shots like it can at it’s prime, even with perfect aim on a not-moving target, you are VERY likely to kill in 10-12 shots just because of inaccurate shots).
>
> The DMR and BR are both VERY easy to 5 hit kill with, requiring little player skill as both weapons have alot more bullet magnetism, and alot less spread than the Carbine. Meaning while the Carbine has the potential to kill faster than them, the DMR/BR are simply more consistent at any range you wouldn’t be better off using a Boltshot, or Automatic anyway.

At its respective range, the Carbine is more useful than the BR and can hold its own against a DMR from my experience and that last part about that bullet magnetism is so untrue, If you use the inner reticule and keep a steady aim over the target, ALL the shots will hit. Reason why i say its underrated, because people hardly ever put enough time into it.

I have no reason to ever choose the Carbine. So many better options.

The Suppressor is also a very underrated gun. I’m a beast with it :slight_smile:

> The Suppressor is also a very underrated gun. I’m a beast with it :slight_smile:

Yea, i use it with my Carbine loadout as well.

> I have no reason to ever choose the Carbine. So many better options.

So a DMR counts as “so many”. Never knew that one could equal many.

Both the light rifle and BR destroy it.

I love both the BR and Carbine more than DMR. For one thing, they feel nostalgic and familiar.

It’s an absolutely GREAT support weapon, I’ll give it that. If you come across a group of weak or unshielded opponents, you’ll mop them up much faster than you would with the BR or DMR.

I don’t think it needs more damage or aim assist, but it does need a touch more accuracy.

> Both the light rifle and BR destroy it.

Carbine kills faster than the BR and the light rifle(unzoomed of course). I’ll post the vid when i find it.

> > I have no reason to ever choose the Carbine. So many better options.
>
> So a DMR counts as “so many”. Never knew that one could equal many.

lol. The DMR is currently THE option. Still, I find the BR and light rifle to also be better than the Carbine.

> > It may be the fastest killing precision weapon. But it’s accuracy is terrible, and in order for all shots to hit you need both player skill AND luck on your side (since most of the time you will NOT kill in 8 shots like it can at it’s prime, even with perfect aim on a not-moving target, you are VERY likely to kill in 10-12 shots just because of inaccurate shots).
> >
> > The DMR and BR are both VERY easy to 5 hit kill with, requiring little player skill as both weapons have alot more bullet magnetism, and alot less spread than the Carbine. Meaning while the Carbine has the potential to kill faster than them, the DMR/BR are simply more consistent at any range you wouldn’t be better off using a Boltshot, or Automatic anyway.
>
> At its respective range, the Carbine is more useful than the BR and can hold its own against a DMR from my experience and tha, last part about that bullet magnetism is so untrue, If you use the inner reticule and keep a steady aim over the target, ALL the shots will hit. Reason why i say its underrated, because people hardly ever put enough time into it.

I never have that happen, and I’ve had steady aim since at least when I hit my skill peak back in about 2008. I have no trouble placing my reticle over the opponent, as I can also see in slow-motion in theatre. The problem always winds up being that the inner reticle, being in almost every case much larger than the head of my enemy, winds up leaving me missing 2-4 shots per engagement. (Unlike the DMR and BR, or even Light Rifle all of which I can 5 shot kill people consistently mid-close range)

I don’t have a problem 6 shot killing with a Magnum either. The Carbine just. I don’t know, it doesn’t work for me. The only situations I ever win against a BR or DMR with the Carbine, either the enemy player was bad and missed 2 or more shots, or I was being sneaky and jumped someone getting a good 3-4 shots off before they react.

It’s sad too, because I mained the Carbine on every map it appeared on in Halo 3, and back when it had Bullet Travel, and the game was laggy and dropped shots, I found myself winning engagements much more often, usually killing in the same 10-12 shots I do in Halo 4, enough to beat a 5 shot BR from a skilled player (which was normal for great players because of it’s inconsistency getting 4 shots). But that’s because it was balanced to compete with a 4 shot kill BR, and most BR fights in H3 ended in 6-8 shots for average players.