Carbine, I love you!

Always been one of my favorites. Probably the main reason I love halo 2’s first arbiter level so much is because its EVERYWHERE. Disadvantages against the DMR aside, you will always be my preferred weapon in halo 4!

While I can agree the system isn’t perfect, being able to start with the weapon I like is a definite plus about the loadout system. When I had to initially go out of the way to get the carbine, now it is in its rightful place in my hands right off the bat, and I love it. Sometimes finding ammo gets difficult though, since not as many people use it. I think their should be an ammo drop in ordinance or something to refill your ammo, or something. Map spawn weapons would help too, cuz ah needz mah ammoz!

Despite being trounced on statistically by the DMR (sad face), the carbine has proven very useful in my experience. It’s able to put damage on multiple targets quickly, making it a good choice for backing someone up or trying to keep enemies on the defensive. It’s high rate of fire can be disorienting when catching someone off guard, also making it a good ranged ambush weapon. This rate of fire also makes it really good for cleaning up kills, or catching a couple people with their pants down by dropping a frag at their feet.

Unfortunately, its not the most accurate rifle, but nothing is more satisfying in my opinion than putting a perfect 8 shot on someone, especially if its a DMR user. I don’t dislike people who use the DMR, but its a little more satisfying when you technically are at a disadvantage, assuming the other player has a solid shot.

I’d like to see the carbine elevated in its capability to be a match for the DMR (or bring the DMR down. It only really needs a bit of a reduced rate of fire and maybe a little less aim assist), but regardless, it will continue to be my most used weapon.

We got any more carbine users out there? I know I’ve ran into a couple! Represent y’all! CARBINE 4 LYFE!!! >=D

Yes I too love the Carbine its my favorite loadout weapon!

I’m working on mastering it right now. It’s a challenge to use but very rewarding when you have a good game with it.

The technique with the frag grenade you mentioned is my favourite one. I love when someone starts chasing me because they know I have a Carbine and I drop their shields with a grenade and finish them with a quick headshot.

I’ve not used it much I’m working on mastering the BR first, but when the Carbine is used correctly, it’s beastly. The problem with ammo though is universal to all the weapons except the DMR. I’ve found that I need to use the ammo perk to have enough ammo to get a decent number of kills, otherwise I run out of ammo too quickly. The DMR is exempt simply because almost everyone and their mothers use the DMR. Ammo should be placed around the map so players can pick up ammo when they run low, instead of dying to get more.

> I’ve not used it much I’m working on mastering the BR first, but when the Carbine is used correctly, it’s beastly. The problem with ammo though is universal to all the weapons except the DMR. I’ve found that I need to use the ammo perk to have enough ammo to get a decent number of kills, otherwise I run out of ammo too quickly. The DMR is exempt simply because almost everyone and their mothers use the DMR. Ammo should be placed around the map so players can pick up ammo when they run low, instead of dying to get more.

Yeah I wish there was ammo on the map, or an ordnance option to refill ammo for your loadout weapons. Whenever I’m using the LightRifle / Carbine, I always run out of ammo haha.

Oh yes, I love the Carbine! Ever since I’ve gotten my UNSC Loadout Mastery, I’ve been using the Carbine in almost all of my loadouts! (The exception being the Light RIfle in my BTB loadout). It’s a little weak, yes, but it’s definitely an underrated weapon, and you can really kick some enemy behind with it!

Once I master the light rifle (when I have Internet that isn’t in a lounge) ill probably use it almost exclusively. I even use it on ragnarok, though not quite as extensively as maps like adrift or haven

I do love the carbine to.i use its some times in MM I also use a lot in spartan ops.i loved the carbine in halo 3.