Carbine and TU

WHEN THE -Yoink- IS THE CARBINE GETTING A BUFF?

it doesn’t need one.
Here is an example of why it doesn’t need one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuwYGHHALmY

I honestly don’t see why it should. I use it in my “main” loadout and it’s as effective as any other rifle. DMR, BR, LR, can kill all of them easily.

Because having the fastest ROF of any rifle and the fastest kill time isn’t buffed enuff

> Because having the fastest ROF of any rifle and the <mark>fastest kill time</mark> isn’t buffed enuff

What?

EDIT: yes but a 7 shot kill is to much including at long range when all the other weapons will destroy it

The thing can outgun the DMR if all shots land, that’s the only thing I’d say is tricky about it. Landing those shot can be a pain.

I don’t agree that the carbide needs a damage buff. i wouldnt mind seeing it get a deeper clip, though.

> I don’t agree that the carbide needs a damage buff. i wouldnt mind seeing it get a deeper clip, though.

Agreed

It’s oh so close to being a good weapon. A 7 shot carbine would put it line with the DMR, autos, and scoped LR in terms of both damage output and magazine capacity.

no i feel it does, not much but maybe 1 shot less to kill someone on full shields, but also the LR needs a buff!!

The carbine is perfect as it is. Fastest kill times of all the starting precision rifles. You just have to hit all your shots to achieve that kill time.

Carbine is the only start I use and I have gotten a 1.3 Slayer K/D with it.

> it doesn’t need one.
> Here is an example of why it doesn’t need one
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuwYGHHALmY

That is a terrible example, all I saw in that match was he was sponging off his team mates that had already dropped the enemies shield off.

> The carbine is perfect as it is. Fastest kill times of all the starting precision rifles. You just have to hit all your shots to achieve that kill time.
>
> Carbine is the only start I use and I have gotten a 1.3 Slayer K/D with it.

This ^

I use the carbine all the time and get non stop kills with it, keep your reticle at the head and learn how to use it. It’s defitnately does not need a buff.

That video was a really bad example. They were playing Oddball, and the guy was just shooting at dudes running for the ball. Most of them were already softened up by his teammates and the majority of them weren’t shooting back at him.

The Carbine doesn’t really need a buff. The DMR just needs to be nerfed. The Carbine is a very effective weapon, but it has much lower ease of use than the other guns. Because it takes more shots to kill there is more room for user error, making that theoretical fastest kill time very difficult to achieve consistently. The need to land more shots to kill a player also reduces the number of players that can be effectively engaged over the span of a single clip. This means that the Carbine user needs to reload more frequently than the DMR user.

If the DMR does not get nerfed, then the Carbine (and the other guns) could be buffed to compensate, but I think nerfing the DMR is the better route.

Carbine is a great gun for stealing kills, see some fight going down just spam at peoples heads and you’ll likely get the last hit.

Carbine is my favorite weapon…

its effectiveness 1 on 1 is highly comparable. dont rely on it getting you out of a 2+v1 situation though. it is a mid range beast only.

> I honestly don’t see why it should. I use it in my “main” loadout and it’s as effective as any other rifle. DMR, BR, LR, can kill all of them easily.

You must not ever play good people because you’re just handicapping yourself trying to use the Carbine against people who have a halfway-decent strafe.