Carbine ADS

Does anyone else here love using the carbine?

If you haven’t seen the gameplay footage from warzone or even played the beta you probably saw the carbines ADS (aim down site.) is different from that of the previous halo games. Do you guys think its a good choice to change it to the way it is now or would you all prefer the older version?

All weapons have a different ads. I think its awesome.

> 2576836393959214;2:
> All weapons have a different ads. I think its awesome.

True but i believe the carbine has changed most exponentially

I love the new carbine.

I love the carbine, I use it against people who got the drop on me with the BR and I always come out victorious! :smiley:

Its probably gonna get nerfed for its damage haha, Im calling it.

> 2533274856626311;6:
> Its probably gonna get nerfed for its damage haha, Im calling it.

Nah. Not when it’s basically a tier 2 map pickup now…

They better not :expressionless:

The sights looked pretty weird at first, but it’s grown on me. It makes sense.

> 2535460843083983;7:
> > 2533274856626311;6:
> > Its probably gonna get nerfed for its damage haha, Im calling it.
>
>
> Nah. Not when it’s basically a tier 2 map pickup now.

You never know when the nerfs come in and for what though. Im just saying its a possibility

All the weapons in Halo 5 have different look, or a more detailed look. I think they look good.

i prefered classic zoom, idk why but for me it was so much easier to use. i cant even use the pistol ADS, and it looks as though ill struggle with the carbine as well. maybe it has something to do with this is the first time ive played a shooter where the gun is centered on the screen and takes up a good portion of the bottom… throws everything off mentally for me. or maybe i just suck. probably the latter.

fun fact though: the DMR uses classic zoom; because its one of the only non-sniper weapon that actually has a scope

I definitely prefer the older scope. this new ADS is distracting to me and makes the reticle appear smaller which throws me off. I also just prefer to be able to focus on what I’m shooting without seeing everything else though. However, the color changing of the scope was pretty cool I’d say, I liked that.

Lol, I guess they needed the AR. I was owning everyone with assault rifles just by putting four magnum rounds into their skulls’. Speaking of which, did they fix the hit box for head shots?

The Carbine Smart-Link looks awful to me.

Carbine was allways one of my favourite, but i dont like scope design.
Other weapons are good but carbine feels strange for me.

The new carbine is soooooooo -Yoink!-.

All my Carbine-lover friends say they freaking love the way the Carbine looks in Halo 5. And so do I.

Realistically though, the Carbine’s scope needs to stay the way it is in Halo 5. It’s so freaking accurate and has such a fast RoF in Halo 5 that if it had any “better” of a scope, it’d be way too good.

> 2533274939958452;14:
> The Carbine Smart-Link looks awful to me.

But the covenant weapons don’t have smart -link those weapons are projecting their sights.

The carbine is my favorite gun. I used to play as the arbiter on purpose in h3. I’m ok with how it looks and works in h5.

Im not sure of it yet, ill have to have hands on first. Have you seen the new DMR sight though ? Its exactly the same as the old one now.