Capture the flag sucks now

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Capture the flag is now -Yoink- can we please have the old settings back , having to wait 35 seconds to return your flag is -Yoinking!- -Yoink- it now takes no -Yoinking!- skill to score , you have so much time to -Yoinking!- get back to the flag you can walk , and what the -Yoink- why is it 35 seconds anyway you kill the person with it wait 30 seconds they kill you or your teammate guarding it move 5 steps die and you have to wait another 35 -Yoinking!- seconds . Why the -Yoink- can you not drop the flag either does your spartan suddenly began -Yoinking!- limited , you can’t drop it how -Yoinking!- -Yoink- . It was better when people had to stand over the flag to return it and when you could drop it , granted though the magnum is a good idea it still -Yoinking!- sucks

All I read was Yoink.

Yup. Capture the Flag in Halo 4 is pretty bad. Flag reset times are too long, there are no power weapons on map to break set-ups, and cough boltshot.

Boring and repetitive… like the rest of multi.

> Yup. Capture the Flag in Halo 4 is pretty bad. Flag reset times are too long, there are no power weapons on map to break set-ups, and cough boltshot.

Exactly it’s limited how you can’t drop the flag either , so -Yoinking!- dumb . Why can’t they improve upon it like oodball where you can throw the ball that’s made it much better

flag taken flag dropped flag taken flag dropped flag taken flag dropped flag taken flag dropped…sigh, the good ol’ days

> flag taken flag dropped flag taken flag dropped flag taken flag dropped flag taken flag dropped…sigh, the good ol’ days

Yep :wink:

So taking away the -Yoink!-s, it appears you have two major issues with CTF.

Flag reset time: I agree, the flag reset time is too long. On many maps teams can capture the opponent’s flag by just charging the flag, getting a touch, and moving it just slightly. They do this over and over and without any strategy, skill, or teamwork.

Not dropping the flag: initially I thought this was a terrible idea, but it plays out better than I originally expected. I would like to see the option to drop the flag for custom game modes, or at least the option to hold a button to pick up the flag, but it isn’t a game breaker to me.