Can't watch Halo Nightfall, says to "buy Halo"?

For some reason SINCE LAUNCH I can not watch Halo Nightfall, it says I have to “buy Halo”. I have literally tried everything re installing the game, Halo Channel and so on. Obviously I have entered the code that came with the game, but it is beyond me why I can not watch it. Is it something to do with disc copies of the game? If anyone has any solutions please help me out I would be so grateful I am dying to watch the series :frowning:

I have this error too; both on Xbox One and the Windows 8.1 app. I had been able to watch episode 1 on launch day, but now it just says I need to “buy Halo”.

I got through episode three, and now it says to “buy Halo” so I’m just as confused.

Same here, haven’t been able to play at all, had the game since launch day. Guess I should just go illegally download it somewhere?

Well glad to see I’m not the only one having this problem I really want to watch the series. I swear this has to be the most broken game of the year even worse than AC Unity(at least they fixed their bugs), the only thing that works for me is the singleplayer. People say the multiplayer is “fixed” but it’s not completely. Not all of the playlists work, mainly Team Slayer does and that’s it, but it still takes ages in most cases to find a game.

I too am still having this problem. Since launch. Although I believe my scenario to be unique as I have recently purchased the cod xbox one and for some reason not all of my dlc will transfer. When I select to download and add ons it tells me “Bundle Only”. Very frustrated. I haven’t been able to see episodes 3 and 4 yet… grrrr… Any help or input is greatly appreciated!

I was able to watch it upon launch (saw episodes 1 & 2), however, I logged in today to watch episodes 3 & 4, but I got the “buy halo” error. I tried launching from MCC, doing a hard reboot, unistalling/reinstalling the halo channel app, quitting the app, and so far nothing has worked. I even tried re-entering the redeem code (I have a physical copy of the MCC) using my username that originally installed the the MCC/halo channel app, but it said that my code was in use. Clearly, the app is registered under my name and recognizes that my username already has a halo nightfall redemption order, so I’m not sure what is going on. Is 343 industries even acknowledging this problem because the last communication from them seemed like they thought that the issue was fixed? How do we get the message to them that this problem is still persisting?

I was able to watch episode 1 on launch day with no problems, but then I thought I would wait until episode 5 is out then watch them altogether. I’m trying to watch them now and I too am getting the “Buy Halo” error!!! How can a game like HALO still be completely broken in all aspects after a month!

> 2533274987561852;8:
> I was able to watch episode 1 on launch day with no problems, but then I thought I would wait until episode 5 is out then watch them altogether. I’m trying to watch them now and I too am getting the “Buy Halo” error!!! How can a game like HALO still be completely broken in all aspects after a month!

Some questions so I can investigate this issue:

a) Is your MCC a physical or digital copy?
b) If physical, have you activated the 5x5 code for Nightfall found on a card inside the case?
c) If you have, or if you have a digital copy, what is the gamertag that was used to purchase/install the game?

Also, can you ensure that only that account is active when you launch Halo Channel and attempt to watch a video?

> 2535425946081407;7:
> How do we get the message to them that this problem is still persisting?

For what it is worth, we read the forums and record and investigate issues as reported here.
This issue is still under investigation, and proving to be difficult to reproduce, but we are aware and working to find a solution.

I am not getting the “Buy Halo” message, but when I try to play Nightfall on the Windows 8.1 app it just skips to a different video.
My Halo MCC copy is physical and I redeemed the code via the Kinect.
I have not attempted to watch Nightfall Episode 4 on The Xbox yet.

My MCC code is a physical copy, and I redeemed it couple minutes ago on my Xbox exactly as the instruction on the back of the paper told me to. Also, I am the only user on my Xbox. I launched the Halo Channel and it is telling me to buy Halo. When I click on it, it launches Halo right away.

Can’t watch Halo Nightfall, says to “buy Halo”

I’ve had this issue since the day of the launch.

I have the physical copy, I’ve entered the NIghtfall code (and it downloaded).
I’m signed in with the account that activated the code and no other accounts are signed in.
I’ve uninstalled Halo Channel and Nightfall and reinstalled. Then reset the console. Nothing has worked.

Also, I believe all of the terminals from Combat Evolved worked fine. However, most of the terminals in Halo 2 have not worked at all. A few worked immediately and a few have worked after trying to access them a few times.

I figured it out!!! Your game came with a code IN THE BOX! YOU MUST ENTER IT AND DOWNLOAD THE SHOW RIGHTS.

I entered the code too, and nothing.

I keep getting the “Buy Halo” too. I own an Xbox one with my brother and we have separate accounts and got the digital copy, he downloaded the Halo: MCC under his account. does that mean I cannot watch Halo: Nightfall and unlock the helmet?

I had to uninstall and reinstall Nightfall. From “Games and Apps” I found Halo Channel app and pressed the options button (left little button) to manage the app. Nightfall was a separate component. I highlighted Nightfall and uninstalled it. It then said “Ready to install” and when I did that it installed correctly. No more “Buy Halo”.

> 2533274790399461;17:
> I had to uninstall and reinstall Nightfall. From “Games and Apps” I found Halo Channel app and pressed the options button (left little button) to manage the app. Nightfall was a separate component. I highlighted Nightfall and uninstalled it. It then said “Ready to install” and when I did that it installed correctly. No more “Buy Halo”.

I tried this and it still did not work. Am I going to have to like by another Mcc or something? cause I don’t want to reinstall the Mcc we already have.

> 2535429756019039;18:
> > 2533274790399461;17:
> > I had to uninstall and reinstall Nightfall. From “Games and Apps” I found Halo Channel app and pressed the options button (left little button) to manage the app. Nightfall was a separate component. I highlighted Nightfall and uninstalled it. It then said “Ready to install” and when I did that it installed correctly. No more “Buy Halo”.
>
>
> I tried this and it still did not work. Am I going to have to like by another Mcc or something? cause I don’t want to reinstall the Mcc we already have.

I have the same “Buy Halo” in my menu as well, but I haven’t tried any of the above fixes yet. You can watch the episodes on Youtube if you want. I think 343 is putting all their effort into fixing match making at this point and the Halo 5 Beta. I will try to troubleshoot after the beta and will post if I get something to work for me.

See you all in H5 Beta!!

> 2638492817412076;19:
> > 2535429756019039;18:
> > > 2533274790399461;17:
> > > I had to uninstall and reinstall Nightfall. From “Games and Apps” I found Halo Channel app and pressed the options button (left little button) to manage the app. Nightfall was a separate component. I highlighted Nightfall and uninstalled it. It then said “Ready to install” and when I did that it installed correctly. No more “Buy Halo”.
> >
> >
> >
> > I tried this and it still did not work. Am I going to have to like by another Mcc or something? cause I don’t want to reinstall the Mcc we already have.
>
>
> I have the same “Buy Halo” in my menu as well, but I haven’t tried any of the above fixes yet. You can watch the episodes on Youtube if you want. I think 343 is putting all their effort into fixing match making at this point and the Halo 5 Beta. I will try to troubleshoot after the beta and will post if I get something to work for me.
>
> See you all in H5 Beta!!

I dont want to watch it for the sake of it. I want to unlock the nightfall helmet. it may seem weird but its important to me from a gaming view.