Can't wait for Halo Infinite's Battle Royale

In order to survive this new era of gaming, halo is going to need to implement a battle royale mode. Battle Royale will save halo just like it saved COD. Honestly just the thought of a Halo Battle Royale makes me so hyped more than campaign or multiplayer. I can’t wait for Halo Infinite’s Battle Royale.

343i hasn’t announced any plans for a battle royale mode. Probably shouldn’t expect one or else you might be disappointed.

Pretty silly to assume there will be a BR mode, especially since 343 has stated otherwise in the past.

I pray there isn’t a battle royale. If Halo needed one (which it doesn’t) make it a separate game where you’re an ODST in New Alexandria. Squad of 4 ODST and there is Covenant and such in the city and the border timer would be the glassing of the city. I personally wouldn’t play it but if they were going to do one don’t make it part of the main title

> 2535462450434439;4:
> I pray there isn’t a battle royale. If Halo needed one (which it doesn’t) make it a separate game where you’re an ODST in New Alexandria. Squad of 4 ODST and there is Covenant and such in the city and the border timer would be the glassing of the city. I personally wouldn’t play it but if they were going to do one don’t make it part of the main title

This sounds like it would be a fun mode and seems like a good blend of FF and BR.

> 2535458190244984;1:
> Battle Royale will save halo just like it saved COD.

When was COD ever in need of saving? Each year Activision churns out a new title that nets huge sales numbers without fail.

Dude. There’s gonna be NO battle royale in Halo Infinite. You probably wasn’t paying attention. 343i stated that the only BR they’re interested in is the battle rifle. Not battle royale.

Ah yes…More “Keeping up with the Joneses”.

Yaaaaay lets copy everyone else in the FPS market and further the stagnation.

> 2533274803493024;3:
> Pretty silly to assume there will be a BR mode, especially since 343 has stated otherwise in the past.

Oh come on…this means nothing. This is like taking Sketches word that upper mgt isn’t distracted. They could still do a BR themed multiplayer mode and call it “War Area” and that tweet would still hold up.

We were also supposed to hunt the Chief. This tweet is a non answer as much as it is an answer.

Edit: and for the record, I find BR a fine gametype to play every once in a while, I just don’t think every game needs it to be successful.

Meh, taking trends from something like a game mode isn’t that bad, take firefight for example which took inspiration from the trendy horde modes back in the day. But although a BR actually might fit nicely into halo it’s still going be the same concept, just not really my thing. You also have to take account the resources but maybe they’ll maximize what they have such as using parts of the campaign or forge.

A BR mode if implemented, shouldn’t be something like warzone (at launch) where most of it’s content is locked into one single game mode.

> 2598282106454479;9:
> > 2533274803493024;3:
> > Pretty silly to assume there will be a BR mode, especially since 343 has stated otherwise in the past.
>
> This tweet is a non answer as much as it is an answer.

Exactly. The replies and tweets we get quite often have plausible deniability. Just like “We have no plans to delay to 2022” or, “Halo Inifite will not have paid loot boxes” There are no solid Halo Infinite will no be delayed, or will not have loot boxes, and vice versa.

As for Halo Infinite Battle Royale ? I think we’ll see it sooner or later.

343i literally said that the only BR in Infinite will be Battle Rifle

Halo Infinite does not need a Battle Royale imo. It does have the sandbox for it though. Also, as others have said above, 343 already said they’re not doing a Battle Royale

It’s essentially Warzone… turned FFA … last man standing… just dying for good in infection. I fail to see the big deal. If it’s one mode within WZ… it will be a fun visit now and again. If it’s all the rage & brings more people to Halo… why not?

An S-IV or ODST battle royale would be pretty fun.

> 2535428777172366;12:
> 343i literally said that the only BR in Infinite will be Battle Rifle

The quote was "The only BR we’re interested in is the Battle Rifle" and that was over two years ago. A lot can change in that time, and Bonnie Ross has stated in an IGN interview that Battle Royale is or was something that is discussed. Also we’ve been misled a few times over the years. There are no guarantees, there may or my not be a Battle Royale.

I’d be ok with a BR mode ONLY if it is an addition to the game and not the main focus

I understand why some people want a Battle Royal mode in Halo. Fortnite, Apex etc. they are all fun in their own way. I jumped on the BR bandwagon in season 2 of Fortnite. I played for 3 seasons and realized what a waste of time (AND MONEY) it was. Which is also why I abandon apex legends after playing for a couple months.

343i should not chase trends. The popularity of BR games is starting to dip imo. Though they’re still very popular. I would hate if Infinite (which is now releasing later than planed) to weigh heavily on a BR mode only to release it after the trend has died, or is in its death throes.

If anything, the community should make the BR gamemode with community map and game types

i think the main problem with BR games is, that the market is already (at least close to) over-saturated and i doubt people who aren’t into halo would switch franchise for it. if i’m taking a look at what BR games are successful i only see the early contenders (PUBG, Fortnite) and the games with a massive crowd behind them before they released a BR game (CoD). Apex Legends stands a bit out, but i think the marketing there hit the nail on the head like with surprise release with a few new things added to BR (revive, ping system, classes).
If any franchise wants to introduce a BR, it better bring a few very new things to the table, or they need to have a massive fan base behind them already (which halo kind of has and kind of doesn’t have)

aside from all of that: i think BR modes are boring and i only play them occasionally for socializing reasons, bc some friends of mine like them and don’t want to play anything else. i even don’t get it, why people think fall guys is so good. i played it and i think it gets boring after 2 rounds.

so: i don’t need BR in halo