Cant use chiefs armor in mp

Why do they do they create the coolest looking armor and then not allow players to use it? What trolls man… i wanted my character to look like chief.

Also i think its lame that they revealed ALL the armor. No surprises left. I feel the need for some add on content with all the previous helmets, some new ones, AND that chief helm. And gimme a backwash remake while your at it 343.

Other than that, game looks nearly flawless.

Maybe that’s just me but I’m glad we won’t see any copies of Chief running around in multiplayer.

he needs to stand out by being significant and unique.

Im not one to copy the characters i honestly think its lame, but chiefs armor is the coolest ive seen by far.

He needs to stand out amongst the crowd. I’m not surprised.

Wasn’t Chief’s armour originally the Mark VI/ IV/ whatever then some sort of nanotechnology tried enhancing/ upgrading it during cryo? If so, there’s a reason why we can’t use it, it’s only been done to him.

As said in the bulletin, he’s armor is a Custom Cortana build. She modeled it for him and him alone we can have Mark VI, but not Mark VI Custom Cortana Edition.

> he needs to stand out by being significant and unique.

Exactly. His armour is heavily modified and unique. It wouldn’t make sense if there were thousands of copies of it :stuck_out_tongue:

I´m fine with this.

It would not make sense if you see the chief walking around in spartan ops

Remember that all multiplayer is a part of canon now, therefore having Chief’s armour wouldn’t make sense.

All the armours available in multiplayer are available to any Spartan, since they are produced in quantity. John’s armour, however, is one-of-akind made specifically for him by Cortana. Nobody else has made the armour, therefore we can’t have it in multiplayer.

But hey, there’s good old Mark VI for you all to use and enjoy, so why not use it?

i remember some old rumors about chief armor awhile back, something about Cortana modifying it while he was in cryo, bit by bit. funny how that makes much more sense to me now than before.

> It would not make sense if you see the chief walking around in spartan ops

It was confirmed that well eventually meet the chief in spartan ops…

> Remember that all multiplayer is a part of canon now, therefore having Chief’s armour wouldn’t make sense.
>
> All the armours available in multiplayer are available to any Spartan, since they are produced in quantity. John’s armour, however, is one-of-akind made specifically for him by Cortana. Nobody else has made the armour, therefore we can’t have it in multiplayer.
>
> But hey, there’s good old Mark VI for you all to use and enjoy, so why not use it?

^ THIS ^

The War Games Spartans are Spartan IVs, Chief is a Spartan II. Chief in not only much taller. Not only would the armor set not fit, but Chief has physical augmentations that would just crush any of the SIVs that try to wear his armor.

> The War Games Spartans are Spartan IVs, Chief is a Spartan II. Chief in not only much taller. Not only would the armor set not fit, but Chief has physical augmentations that would just crush any of the SIVs that try to wear his armor.

Spartan-IVs have augmentations as well… And they are fully capable of using MJOLNIR [GEN1] armour, just like Spartan-IIIs.

Oh well there is a mark VI classic to scratch that itch for you, if you can legendary the campaign of course. :slight_smile:

> It would not make sense if you see the chief walking around in spartan ops

are you serious or was that a joke?

I’m sad but ok with this, makes the chief all the more awesome. Now mark V on the other hand…

> > It would not make sense if you see the chief walking around in spartan ops
>
> are you serious or was that a joke?

Canonically, it doesn’t make sense.