Can't Unlock Halo CE Skulls.

I am trying to get the skull Boom, on the second level. I go up to the skull, collect it, get prompted with a “BOOM SKULL UNLOCKED.” Perfect!
Back on the mission select screen, Boom is nowhere to be found. It is as if I didn’t collect it at all. I got the achievement, but it is not in the menu.

> 2535440136188458;1:
> I am trying to get the skull Boom, on the second level. I go up to the skull, collect it, get prompted with a “BOOM SKULL UNLOCKED.” Perfect!
> Back on the mission select screen, Boom is nowhere to be found. It is as if I didn’t collect it at all. I got the achievement, but it is not in the menu.

Yeah, I’ve experienced this personally and did quite a bit of research into it. There’s something going on, some kind of glitch happening with this game and your account and not having all skulls unlocked. As of Dec. 2014, everybody should have them all by default without having to collect them through a simple update to the game.

I attempted to grab the skull, got the achievement and everything, had to glitch myself through a ceiling just to get it and when I finally got it, nothing happened. I went back and did it two more times just to be sure and still nothing.

Keep in mind that you don’t have access to your cloud data stored on Xbox Live. You cannot delete the data and start again. Microsoft refuses to give you access to that data.

I contacted Microsoft Studios, 343 and Bungie and none of them really care enough to even reply. Go figure. If you want to try, be my guest!

I don’t know if this helps you, but it helped me. I played with my father (who’s using my old account which has all of the skulls unlocked, and yeah I didn’t do anything differently with the old account) and we turned the skull on. Really all I wanted was the Bandanna skull because I hate having to pick up new weapons, and the unlimited ammo just gives me the freedom to use whatever weapons I want. For some reason, after leaving the game and going to start my own game solo, the skull is still on.

The only drawback to this is, now I can’t select the Bandanna skull again. It doesn’t even give me the option to select it, it just says it’s on by my skull count. Once my Xbox Live runs out in less than a month, I will be stuck with unlimited ammo on. I can’t earn a score anymore with the skull on. Which honestly, isn’t going to bother me that much, since I’m more into this game for the fun. Your skull, however, may or may not be problematic if left on forever.

As long as that hard reality is okay with you, then all you need is a buddy who has the skulls and is willing to switch your settings every now and then when you want the skull(s) on/off. This is of course assuming that both you and your friend of choice have Xbox Live.

You could also try making a new account and see if that helps. I’m wondering though if any account created past Dec. 2014 doesn’t get access to the data… I don’t know.

> 2535413946777781;2:
> > 2535440136188458;1:
> > I am trying to get the skull Boom, on the second level. I go up to the skull, collect it, get prompted with a “BOOM SKULL UNLOCKED.” Perfect!
> > Back on the mission select screen, Boom is nowhere to be found. It is as if I didn’t collect it at all. I got the achievement, but it is not in the menu.
>
> Yeah, I’ve experienced this personally and did quite a bit of research into it. There’s something going on, some kind of glitch happening with this game and your account and not having all skulls unlocked. As of Dec. 2014, everybody should have them all by default without having to collect them through a simple update to the game.
>
> I attempted to grab the skull, got the achievement and everything, had to glitch myself through a ceiling just to get it and when I finally got it, nothing happened. I went back and did it two more times just to be sure and still nothing.
>
> Keep in mind that you don’t have access to your cloud data stored on Xbox Live. You cannot delete the data and start again. Microsoft refuses to give you access to that data.
>
> I contacted Microsoft Studios, 343 and Bungie and none of them really care enough to even reply. Go figure. If you want to try, be my guest!
>
> I don’t know if this helps you, but it helped me. I played with my father (who’s using my old account which has all of the skulls unlocked, and yeah I didn’t do anything differently with the old account) and we turned the skull on. Really all I wanted was the Bandanna skull because I hate having to pick up new weapons, and the unlimited ammo just gives me the freedom to use whatever weapons I want. For some reason, after leaving the game and going to start my own game solo, the skull is still on.
>
> The only drawback to this is, now I can’t select the Bandanna skull again. It doesn’t even give me the option to select it, it just says it’s on by my skull count. Once my Xbox Live runs out in less than a month, I will be stuck with unlimited ammo on. I can’t earn a score anymore with the skull on. Which honestly, isn’t going to bother me that much, since I’m more into this game for the fun. Your skull, however, may or may not be problematic if left on forever.
>
> As long as that hard reality is okay with you, then all you need is a buddy who has the skulls and is willing to switch your settings every now and then when you want the skull(s) on/off. This is of course assuming that both you and your friend of choice have Xbox Live.
>
> You could also try making a new account and see if that helps. I’m wondering though if any account created past Dec. 2014 doesn’t get access to the data… I don’t know.

I read everything you said, and I thank you very, very much for the answer! I was sincerely disappointed there was nothing I could do.

BUT

I believe I figured it out.
I just relaunched Halo CE and figured out I all of a sudden had all the skulls!!
The only thing I did since playing CE, was beat Halo 2, and start Halo 3.
I firmly believe one MUST beat Halo 2 in order to unlock the CE skulls. It would take testing from other people, but that is the only thing I did since.
Thank you!

This seems more or less solved, but I’d still like to chime in with this:

Things that have solved my most issues with MCC acting up:

1. Force quit MCC. Press guide, select MCC, press menu, quit the game.
  2. Wait and save. Whenever there’s an achievement, counter, anything that you worked to achieve, you should wait a few secs for the game to fully realize adn acknoledge it. Then do the save and quit. Do it anyways, do it always.
  3. Do the forced reboot to empty cache. When Xbox One is on, press it’s main power button and hold it down some 15 - 30 sec. It’s now so shutdown that you cannot start it via controller so press the main power button to start it up.