Can't talk to other team in game?

Hey so just to start, I’ve been a Halo fan ever since it came out and am a huge fan of Halo 4. I admit, it took me a little while to get used to the changes they made but I’ve come to terms with most of them(except the boltshot).

My biggest gripe tho is, what the heck happened to being able to talk to the other team in game? Being able to hear the other team as they get close to you has been a staple of Halo from the start and it is sad to see it go.

I know you can argue that it promotes better friendlier communities and maybe it does(to be honest tho, if you get offended in a video game you probably have some larger self esteem issues to deal with). I just really miss the old days of knowing that someone could hear my insulting immature screams through their TV.

In addition, this old feature was also very important in strategy as you had to make sure that the other team wasn’t overhearing your plans.

And ya you can trash talk in the score lobby after the game is over, but it’s not the same.

I was just wondering how the rest of you feel about this. Sad to see it go? Welcome it with open arms? Or indifferent to it? Come at me

I mute most people regardless. Party Chat will fix your dilemma.

> I mute most people regardless. Party Chat will fix your dilemma.

I’m not going to take the time to invite the other team into my party chat every time. Although i like your creative thinking

They should bring it back along with instant respawn taken out of all game modes.

BRING BACK OUR BELOVED T-BAG 343!

That way i/we can talk trash, which is a important aspect of online games.Insults are a given, don’t baby the players like we are in elementary school 343.I have people i have known for over half a decade in MMO’s that started by talking trash with each other.All you did was restrict socializing to that of elementary grade rules, which i find personally… insulting in my mid 20’s, just saying.

By the way add ragdoll physics when T-bagging, should not be hard.Then add 2 commendations like “Victory T-bag”(the person who did the T-bagging) and “T-bagged Loser”(the person that got T-bagged).

I doubt it would happen but i might as well hope i suppose.

Sadly no one uses the in game chat at all anymore.

> Sadly no one uses the in game chat at all anymore.

There’s little incentive to anymore, especially with that idiotic mic ban running around.

If they just brought back this one thing i would be pretty happy. why 343 why

The real problem is the mute bans being dished out. Whoever thought a mute ban would be a good idea?

i remember 2006 when everyone and their mom had a mic.

I’m losing rep and got a mic ban and all I do is call out enemies in Team Snipers…

I miss teamwork…

Hard to be a “staple” of halo when its not been in more games than it has been in.

Personally, Id rather not have to take the time to mute you so it works perfectly for me.

> The only thing I liked about that feature was when I killed someone and would hear them say “DAMN IT!” or something.

I always liked using it to mess around… Yelling “HUG ME!” as I suicide-charged a Survivor in Infection… :3

You can save yourself some time, and other people some wrongful mute-based bans, by using the Audio/Video Settings in the main menu to disable in-game chat for certain or all groups of players.

People like this are the CUASE of unnecessary mute bans. So lazy.all they have to do is open their settings and change to mute as default. They get their silence and people don’t get mute bans for such a dumb thing. Seriously all the have to do is edit their own settings and the can spend less time muting people.

I never talk to the other team. The enemy team is always full of tryhards who trash talk you because they think they are the best Halo players in the world. Why would you even want to talk to them? YOUR OBJECTIVE IS TO KILL THEM!

im in part chat all the time so no point .

> Hard to be a “staple” of halo when its not been in more games than it has been in.
>
> Personally, Id rather not have to take the time to mute you so it works perfectly for me.

It was in 2 and 3 and reach. and yelling across the room at my buddies while we lanned for 1 worked too