Can't sign in

Hey guys I recently purchased Halo Spartan Strike and Assault and for some reason it won’t sign in with UnhandyKarmaIV, it logs on an account by the name of washiercornet84? I have already commented in a thread in the support section but I’ve heard nothing back, and judging by when the op posted his question it seems I probably won’t get one. This is a pain in the butt and I’d like to know if there’s some way of signing the random account out and signing mine in. All I want is to get these achievements and enjoy the Campaign, I bought the game for iOS, achievements don’t work, bought it through Steam, achievements don’t work, bought it via Microsoft website, gives me a random account that I’ve never used before in my life… Someody please help me I feel like I’ve been cursed!!

That is immensely alarming. Someone or something must’ve been tampering with your account. I want to say that you’ve been hacked, but that seems too ridiculous to consider. For now, best double-check everything - your gamertag, password, privacy settings, etc - before any more damage is inflicted.

Yeah, you see I thought the same thing but I’ve had no red flags or suspicious activity, with no new sign ins anywhere else. In all honesty it has me scratching my head! I have just double and triple checked everything and updated my security measures for all my accounts. The problem still persists though as I can’t sign in my account to be able to play either of these games. I have to sign into UnhandyKarmaIV account to be able to open these games and when I have it appears as washiercornet84, if that makes sense?

> 2535429593088083;2:
> That is immensely alarming. Someone or something must’ve been tampering with your account. I want to say that you’ve been hacked, but that seems too ridiculous to consider. For now, best double-check everything - your gamertag, password, privacy settings, etc - before any more damage is inflicted.

A hack would be really unlikely as I have nothing of real value to offer anyone, perhaps some rare achievements and a few gem items in games but there’s really nothing that anybody could take warranting them to hack me.

> 2535429593088083;2:
> That is immensely alarming. Someone or something must’ve been tampering with your account. I want to say that you’ve been hacked, but that seems too ridiculous to consider. For now, best double-check everything - your gamertag, password, privacy settings, etc - before any more damage is inflicted.

Nothing is wrong with OP’s account, it hasn’t been tampered with in any way.

OP if it’s signing you in with a random account that means either you’re using a local Windows account on your pc/phone (ie. you haven’t set up a Microsoft account on your machine) or the account you use on your machine uses a different email address to that of your Xbox Live account that’s associated with your gamertag.

I can’t remember exactly how to force it to let you sign in with another account, bit that’s pretty much what you need to do. Might be a forum post somewhere on here where somebody has done it (pretty sure I have read that before)

> 2533274813317074;4:
> > 2535429593088083;2:
> > That is immensely alarming. Someone or something must’ve been tampering with your account. I want to say that you’ve been hacked, but that seems too ridiculous to consider. For now, best double-check everything - your gamertag, password, privacy settings, etc - before any more damage is inflicted.
>
> Nothing is wrong with OP’s account, it hasn’t been tampered with in any way.
>
> OP if it’s signing you in with a random account that means either you’re using a local Windows account on your pc/phone (ie. you haven’t set up a Microsoft account on your machine) or the account you use on your machine uses a different email address to that of your Xbox Live account that’s associated with your gamertag.
>
> I can’t remember exactly how to force it to let you sign in with another account, bit that’s pretty much what you need to do. Might be a forum post somewhere on here where somebody has done it (pretty sure I have read that before)

Thanks for the confirmation I appreciate that hugely! I did think that was the problem, especially considering my email is [unhandykarma] but the purchase receipts went through to another email address. Well time to play around and see what I can achieve in swapping them over!