Cant play H4 online. Loads > black screen > boot

Hi. My brother has recently got MCC.
He has it on disc and installed everything. He can play H1, 2, 2A & 3 online without any trouble.
But if he tries to play H4 online he gets into the game and then black screen and booted very early on or immediately.

He’s playing wirelessly in the same room as his router.
We have opened his port. He has an OPEN NAT type.
He has uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

Anyone else getting this bug? Know any fixes.
Any help much appreciated.

I wish I could help. I play Halo 4 exclusively and haven’t run into that kind of problem. Sometimes I will get dropped, or it’s really laggy that is about it. I do seem to have more trouble during the morning hours since I am mostly matched up with players overseas. Sounds like you’re doing all the right things. If you can try plugging directly into the router and see how that goes.

> 2533274863544717;2:
> I wish I could help. I play Halo 4 exclusively and haven’t run into that kind of problem. Sometimes I will get dropped, or it’s really laggy that is about it. I do seem to have more trouble during the morning hours since I am mostly matched up with players overseas. Sounds like you’re doing all the right things. If you can try plugging directly into the router and see how that goes.

He is unable to do that at the moment but he said he’ll try and pick up some homeplugs as a compromise (which I use all the time). And that is classed as a wired connection so we’ll see what happens there. Thanks for your suggestion.

Any one else got any suggestions?

I’ve seen that behavior with Spartan Ops missions but it would only be a one time thing where I just had to go back and re-select the SOPs mission and re-launch it again

> 2533274796558002;4:
> I’ve seen that behavior with Spartan Ops missions but it would only be a one time thing where I just had to go back and re-select the SOPs mission and re-launch it again

Unfortunately it’s a repeated problem. We’ve resorted to playing H3 which is… not ideal.

Well, that happens a lot to me. for every game.

Recently, my maps wont load before the game. After a while, when it finally does…I end up halfway through the match. Wtf.

> 2533274963962937;6:
> Well, that happens a lot to me. for every game.
>
> Recently, my maps wont load before the game. After a while, when it finally does…I end up halfway through the match. Wtf.

What have you tried to prevent the issue from happening?

> 2533274874447586;7:
> > 2533274963962937;6:
> > Well, that happens a lot to me. for every game.
> >
> > Recently, my maps wont load before the game. After a while, when it finally does…I end up halfway through the match. Wtf.
>
>
> What have you tried to prevent the issue from happening?

Nothing? You should ask that question to 343.

> 2533274963962937;8:
> > 2533274874447586;7:
> > > 2533274963962937;6:
> > > Well, that happens a lot to me. for every game.
> > >
> > > Recently, my maps wont load before the game. After a while, when it finally does…I end up halfway through the match. Wtf.
> >
> >
> > What have you tried to prevent the issue from happening?
>
>
> Nothing? You should ask that question to 343.

Unfortunately there isn’t a clear direct route to do that. Hence why I am here.

Bump

> 2533274874447586;10:
> Bump

U are not ALONE!!! In having the exact same issue… Tried all the same resolution steps… oMonitor your forums 343… Help us out here

Change your language on your xbox (From American to English for example, or the other way around), and try uninstalling different applications.

Try to load up Halo 4 in custom games first.