Can't play Campaign.

I recently took a 4-month break from games so I could start focusing on my college education. Now that the semester is over, and summer is starting to appear on the horizon, I decided that I’d try and get back into the game.

I have been playing for a couple weeks now, and haven’t decided to replay the campaign until now. HOWEVER, it seems that all my campaign data has been erased, as if I never beat the game on this profile, when I still have all the stats for it on my Service Record.

Now that isn’t the problem I’m having. I’d happily replay the game to get all that back. My issue is, each time I go to start the campaign, I enter the loading screen where it shows what I assume to be Requiem in the background, starts loading, and then I’m back at the title screen.

In a sense, the only campaign mission I have is the Prologue Cutscene, and I can’t even watch that! It kicks me right out of the loading screen and back to the main menu.

I don’t know if it’s a problem with my disk or not, because my disk looks like it’s brand new. I’m just wondering if anyone has any solutions to this…

> I recently took a 4-month break from games so I could start focusing on my college education. Now that the semester is over, and summer is starting to appear on the horizon, I decided that I’d try and get back into the game.
>
> I have been playing for a couple weeks now, and haven’t decided to replay the campaign until now. HOWEVER, it seems that all my campaign data has been erased, as if I never beat the game on this profile, when I still have all the stats for it on my Service Record.
>
> Now that isn’t the problem I’m having. I’d happily replay the game to get all that back. My issue is, each time I go to start the campaign, I enter the loading screen where it shows what I assume to be Requiem in the background, starts loading, and then I’m back at the title screen.
>
> In a sense, the only campaign mission I have is the Prologue Cutscene, and I can’t even watch that! It kicks me right out of the loading screen and back to the main menu.
>
> I don’t know if it’s a problem with my disk or not, because my disk looks like it’s brand new. I’m just wondering if anyone has any solutions to this…

Delete your save. Make sure you remember your armor, loadouts, emblem, and stance, and ensure that everything else has been updated to your Service Record via XBL. Now, make a new one, fix your loadouts and armor and stuff, and try it then. Everything else is updated via the cloud. It sounds like your save got corrupted. :wink:

Hi xSergeant Zimx,

Are you still experiencing this issue?

We hope the reason we haven’t heard back from you is because your issue has been resolved. If you issue has not been resolved, please start a new thread. Thank you so much!