Can't Lunch the Game After Gaming Service Updated.

Can’t lunch the game (I also can’t run Gear 5 for the same reason) after the recent update to the “gaming service” on PC. The error shows that Easy Anti-Cheat reports “Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\xgameruntime.dll)”.

> 2533275012689617;1:
> Can’t lunch the game (I also can’t run Gear 5 for the same reason) after the recent update to the “gaming service” on PC. The error shows that Easy Anti-Cheat reports “Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\xgameruntime.dll)”.

This is a system file should be easy to fix if it’s corrupted for some reason? Run and google system file scan add /scan now or something of the sorts. It’ll scan your computer and fix any corrupted files. I think it’s suggested you do this in safe mode with networking but I think it works in regular start up mode I don’t know.

> 2533275012689617;1:
> Can’t lunch the game (I also can’t run Gear 5 for the same reason) after the recent update to the “gaming service” on PC. The error shows that Easy Anti-Cheat reports “Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\xgameruntime.dll)”.

Experiencing the exact same issue. Just updated the Gaming Services on my Win 10 installation and can play State of Decay 2 just fine but not MCC. Unsure why.

Going to try to reinstall from scratch but it looks like it may take about 30-45 mins to redownload so will most likely update tomorrow if this works.

> 2533274797984606;3:
> > 2533275012689617;1:
> > Can’t lunch the game (I also can’t run Gear 5 for the same reason) after the recent update to the “gaming service” on PC. The error shows that Easy Anti-Cheat reports “Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\xgameruntime.dll)”.
>
> Experiencing the exact same issue. Just updated the Gaming Services on my Win 10 installation and can play State of Decay 2 just fine but not MCC. Unsure why.
>
> Going to try to reinstall from scratch but it looks like it may take about 30-45 mins to redownload so will most likely update tomorrow if this works.

I think it’s because State of Decay 2 doesn’t use Easy Anti-Cheat. MCC and Gears 5 both use Easy Anti-Cheat.

> 2533275012689617;4:
> > 2533274797984606;3:
> > > 2533275012689617;1:
> > > Can’t lunch the game (I also can’t run Gear 5 for the same reason) after the recent update to the “gaming service” on PC. The error shows that Easy Anti-Cheat reports “Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\xgameruntime.dll)”.
> >
> > Experiencing the exact same issue. Just updated the Gaming Services on my Win 10 installation and can play State of Decay 2 just fine but not MCC. Unsure why.
> >
> > Going to try to reinstall from scratch but it looks like it may take about 30-45 mins to redownload so will most likely update tomorrow if this works.
>
> I think it’s because State of Decay 2 doesn’t use Easy Anti-Cheat. MCC and Gears 5 both use Easy Anti-Cheat.

That’s my guess as well considering it’s an EAC flag every time it happens. Just tried to run the game again after redownloading entirely from scratch and still get the same flag on the same DLL file. MCC’s basically unplayable for me right now (I play mostly Matchmaking so playing with mods enabled is useless for me atm).

UPDATE: I stumbled upon a fix for Gears 5 users who’ve experienced the same problem as we have (link: https://www.reddit.com/r/GearsOfWar/comments/d6hk50/fix_cant_launch_the_game_over_gameruntime_failed/). Apparently it’s three files at fault and not just the xgameruntime file. They uploaded copies of the three DLL’s EAC is catching and preventing the game from starting up. Folks said swapping the current DLL files with the ones the redditor posted seemed to work. I put the three files through virus scans from Windows Defender & Malwarebytes and both systems said the files were all clean. I swapped my current DLLs (downloaded just a few hours ago) with the DLLs I downloaded from the reddit link and the game at least plays now but there’s an issue where my Gamertag doesn’t appear anywhere at all. I can see my Clan Tag but anytime I get into a game or look at my nameplate in any menu, my gamertag is missing. Even in-game scoreboards have my gamertag as blank. I can play games fine otherwise but it seems that things are definitely not 100% fixed with this band-aid. My guess is that since these DLLs from the reddit post are around 1.5 years old that the current libraries these DLLs are substituing work slightly differently so some information the game is asking for isn’t being sent/read properly or entirely. I can still see other people’s gamertags appropriately, just not my own.

TL;DR - Found a band-aid solution that doesn’t really fix the problem but it at least allows us to play matchmaking relatively uninhibited. There’s an odd bug involved but it’s nowhere near gamebreaking from what I’ve tested. Virus scan said DLL files are clean.

> 2533274797984606;5:
> > 2533275012689617;4:
> > > 2533274797984606;3:
> > > > 2533275012689617;1:
> > > > Can’t lunch the game (I also can’t run Gear 5 for the same reason) after the recent update to the “gaming service” on PC. The error shows that Easy Anti-Cheat reports “Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\xgameruntime.dll)”.
> > >
> > > Experiencing the exact same issue. Just updated the Gaming Services on my Win 10 installation and can play State of Decay 2 just fine but not MCC. Unsure why.
> > >
> > > Going to try to reinstall from scratch but it looks like it may take about 30-45 mins to redownload so will most likely update tomorrow if this works.
> >
> > I think it’s because State of Decay 2 doesn’t use Easy Anti-Cheat. MCC and Gears 5 both use Easy Anti-Cheat.
>
> That’s my guess as well considering it’s an EAC flag every time it happens. Just tried to run the game again after redownloading entirely from scratch and still get the same flag on the same DLL file. MCC’s basically unplayable for me right now (I play mostly Matchmaking so playing with mods enabled is useless for me atm).
>
> UPDATE: I stumbled upon a fix for Gears 5 users who’ve experienced the same problem as we have (link: https://www.reddit.com/r/GearsOfWar/comments/d6hk50/fix_cant_launch_the_game_over_gameruntime_failed/). Apparently it’s three files at fault and not just the xgameruntime file. They uploaded copies of the three DLL’s EAC is catching and preventing the game from starting up. Folks said swapping the current DLL files with the ones the redditor posted seemed to work. I put the three files through virus scans from Windows Defender & Malwarebytes and both systems said the files were all clean. I swapped my current DLLs (downloaded just a few hours ago) with the DLLs I downloaded from the reddit link and the game at least plays now but there’s an issue where my Gamertag doesn’t appear anywhere at all. I can see my Clan Tag but anytime I get into a game or look at my nameplate in any menu, my gamertag is missing. Even in-game scoreboards have my gamertag as blank. I can play games fine otherwise but it seems that things are definitely not 100% fixed with this band-aid. My guess is that since these DLLs from the reddit post are around 1.5 years old that the current libraries these DLLs are substituing work slightly differently so some information the game is asking for isn’t being sent/read properly or entirely. I can still see other people’s gamertags appropriately, just not my own.
>
> TL;DR - Found a band-aid solution that doesn’t really fix the problem but it at least allows us to play matchmaking relatively uninhibited. There’s an odd bug involved but it’s nowhere near gamebreaking from what I’ve tested. Virus scan said DLL files are clean.

Thanks for sharing that!

> 2533274797984606;3:
> > 2533275012689617;1:
> > Can’t lunch the game (I also can’t run Gear 5 for the same reason) after the recent update to the “gaming service” on PC. The error shows that Easy Anti-Cheat reports “Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\xgameruntime.dll)”.
>
> Experiencing the exact same issue. Just updated the Gaming Services on my Win 10 installation and can play State of Decay 2 just fine but not MCC. Unsure why.
>
> Going to try to reinstall from scratch but it looks like it may take about 30-45 mins to redownload so will most likely update tomorrow if this works.

Hey, what is the version of your gaming service? The faulty one for me is 2.50.1001.0 and I solved the issue by quitting the Windows Gaming preview program from Xbox Insider App and reinstalled the gaming service. Now I’m running gaming service version 2.47.1001.0.

The way you reinstall the gaming service is to open your windows PowerShell in administrator mode and type in following lines:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers (this one is to remove the current gaming service that has been installed on your PC)
start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN (This one is to open the store page for the gaming service so you can reinstall it)

> 2533275012689617;7:
> Hey, what is the version of your gaming service? The faulty one for me is 2.50.1001.0 and I solved the issue by quitting the Windows Gaming preview program from Xbox Insider App and reinstalled the gaming service. Now I’m running gaming service version 2.47.1001.0.
>
> The way you reinstall the gaming service is to open your windows PowerShell in administrator mode and type in following lines:
>
> get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers (this one is to remove the current gaming service that has been installed on your PC)
> start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN (This one is to open the store page for the gaming service so you can reinstall it)

Thanks, this fixed it for me

> 2533275012689617;7:
> > 2533274797984606;3:
> > > Can’t lunch the game (I also can’t run Gear 5 for the same reason) after the recent update to the “gaming service” on PC. The error shows that Easy Anti-Cheat reports “Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\xgameruntime.dll)”.
> >
> > Experiencing the exact same issue. Just updated the Gaming Services on my Win 10 installation and can play State of Decay 2 just fine but not MCC. Unsure why.
> >
> > Going to try to reinstall from scratch but it looks like it may take about 30-45 mins to redownload so will most likely update tomorrow if this works.
>
> Hey, what is the version of your gaming service? The faulty one for me is 2.50.1001.0 and I solved the issue by quitting the Windows Gaming preview program from Xbox Insider App and reinstalled the gaming service. Now I’m running gaming service version 2.47.1001.0.
>
> The way you reinstall the gaming service is to open your windows PowerShell in administrator mode and type in following lines:
>
> get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers (this one is to remove the current gaming service that has been installed on your PC)
> start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN (This one is to open the store page for the gaming service so you can reinstall it)

When I reinstalled I still have the same version :frowning:

> 2533274858813880;9:
> > 2533275012689617;7:
> > > > Can’t lunch the game (I also can’t run Gear 5 for the same reason) after the recent update to the “gaming service” on PC. The error shows that Easy Anti-Cheat reports “Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\xgameruntime.dll)”.
> > >
> > > Experiencing the exact same issue. Just updated the Gaming Services on my Win 10 installation and can play State of Decay 2 just fine but not MCC. Unsure why.
> > >
> > > Going to try to reinstall from scratch but it looks like it may take about 30-45 mins to redownload so will most likely update tomorrow if this works.
> >
> > Hey, what is the version of your gaming service? The faulty one for me is 2.50.1001.0 and I solved the issue by quitting the Windows Gaming preview program from Xbox Insider App and reinstalled the gaming service. Now I’m running gaming service version 2.47.1001.0.
> >
> > The way you reinstall the gaming service is to open your windows PowerShell in administrator mode and type in following lines:
> >
> > get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers (this one is to remove the current gaming service that has been installed on your PC)
> > start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN (This one is to open the store page for the gaming service so you can reinstall it)
>
> When I reinstalled I still have the same version :frowning:

Have you quit the Windows Gaming preview program first?

> 2533275012689617;10:
> > 2533274858813880;9:
> > > 2533275012689617;7:
> > > > 2533274797984606;3:
> > > > > 2533275012689617;1:
> > > > > Can’t lunch the game (I also can’t run Gear 5 for the same reason) after the recent update to the “gaming service” on PC. The error shows that Easy Anti-Cheat reports “Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\xgameruntime.dll)”.
> > > >
> > > > Experiencing the exact same issue. Just updated the Gaming Services on my Win 10 installation and can play State of Decay 2 just fine but not MCC. Unsure why.
> > > >
> > > > Going to try to reinstall from scratch but it looks like it may take about 30-45 mins to redownload so will most likely update tomorrow if this works.
> > >
> > > Hey, what is the version of your gaming service? The faulty one for me is 2.50.1001.0 and I solved the issue by quitting the Windows Gaming preview program from Xbox Insider App and reinstalled the gaming service. Now I’m running gaming service version 2.47.1001.0.
> > >
> > > The way you reinstall the gaming service is to open your windows PowerShell in administrator mode and type in following lines:
> > >
> > > get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers (this one is to remove the current gaming service that has been installed on your PC)
> > > start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN (This one is to open the store page for the gaming service so you can reinstall it)
> >
> > When I reinstalled I still have the same version :frowning:
>
> Have you quit the Windows Gaming preview program first?

Yes, but keep downloading the same version ( 2.50.1001.0 )

> 2533274858813880;11:
> > 2533275012689617;10:
> > > 2533274858813880;9:
> > > > 2533275012689617;7:
> > > > > 2533274797984606;3:
> > > > > > 2533275012689617;1:
> > > > > > Can’t lunch the game (I also can’t run Gear 5 for the same reason) after the recent update to the “gaming service” on PC. The error shows that Easy Anti-Cheat reports “Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\xgameruntime.dll)”.
> > > > >
> > > > > Experiencing the exact same issue. Just updated the Gaming Services on my Win 10 installation and can play State of Decay 2 just fine but not MCC. Unsure why.
> > > > >
> > > > > Going to try to reinstall from scratch but it looks like it may take about 30-45 mins to redownload so will most likely update tomorrow if this works.
> > > >
> > > > Hey, what is the version of your gaming service? The faulty one for me is 2.50.1001.0 and I solved the issue by quitting the Windows Gaming preview program from Xbox Insider App and reinstalled the gaming service. Now I’m running gaming service version 2.47.1001.0.
> > > >
> > > > The way you reinstall the gaming service is to open your windows PowerShell in administrator mode and type in following lines:
> > > >
> > > > get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers (this one is to remove the current gaming service that has been installed on your PC)
> > > > start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN (This one is to open the store page for the gaming service so you can reinstall it)
> > >
> > > When I reinstalled I still have the same version :frowning:
> >
> > Have you quit the Windows Gaming preview program first?
>
> Yes, but keep downloading the same version ( 2.50.1001.0 )

Then I have no idea why this happens… Maybe try to quit the preview for Xbox Insider Hub as well. Sorry that I can’t help you.

Same issue here, none of the solutions work for me. Mostly just posting in here to push this to the top again, happened on my desktop and laptop, not too happy.

I have uninstalled - reinstalled. Moved the game to another drive.
I’ve updated Windows. I have tried the reinstall of game service but I am also on the 2.50.1001.0 version but I am not apart of the Insider Preview.
I have disabled my AV.
I have removed the dll and tried to force the creation of a new version of that file but I can’t find what the file is even related to. Xbox services? If I remove the .dll the anti cheat doesn’t throw and error but the game won’t start after the initial splash screen of anti cheat and the MCC logo.
So I guess I won’t be playing Halo this weekend, tempted to just buy a copy on Steam but it uses Easy anti Cheat as well so who knows if that will even work. Kinda defeats the purpose of Game Pass if I gotta buy the game on another platform.

I opened a ticket on https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us in regards to this.

I advise everyone dealing with this to do the same and hopefully we’ll get a fix sooner than later.

> 2533274858813880;9:
> > 2533275012689617;7:
> > >
> > >
> >
> > Hey, what is the version of your gaming service? The faulty one for me is 2.50.1001.0 and I solved the issue by quitting the Windows Gaming preview program from Xbox Insider App and reinstalled the gaming service. Now I’m running gaming service version 2.47.1001.0.
> >
> > The way you reinstall the gaming service is to open your windows PowerShell in administrator mode and type in following lines:
> >
> > get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers (this one is to remove the current gaming service that has been installed on your PC)
> > start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN (This one is to open the store page for the gaming service so you can reinstall it)
>
> When I reinstalled I still have the same version :frowning:

You need to unenroll the whole device from insider in the settings of the insider app! I was stuck like you until I unenrolled the device itself. Originally I had just went thru and left each program by clicking manage.

> 2533275012689617;7:
> > 2533274797984606;3:
> >
> >
>
>
>

I was having issues launching Gears 5 and this fixed it for me. Thank you very much. I didn’t realize I was in the gaming insiders preview. When I left the program, I had to restart my pc. Launched Powershell and executed the commands. I got the 2.47 version downloaded. The first time I tried this it installed 2.50.

> 2533275012689617;7:
> > 2533274797984606;3:
> >
> >
>
>
>

This worked for me! THANK YOU!

> 2544667825174059;16:
> > 2533275012689617;7:
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
>
> I was having issues launching Gears 5 and this fixed it for me. Thank you very much. I didn’t realize I was in the gaming insiders preview. When I left the program, I had to restart my pc. Launched Powershell and executed the commands. I got the 2.47 version downloaded. The first time I tried this it installed 2.50.

ever after restart it keeps installing 2.50.1001.0 for me, i unenrolled and removed the device from xbox insider program and gaming app preview. Tried uninstalling xbox app itself and download with a alt microsoft account from store after a restart yet it installed the buggy/eac hating version again. This damn EAC is nothing but problem in whichever game it is!

> 2533274979165896;18:
> > 2544667825174059;16:
> > > 2533275012689617;7:
> > > > 2533274797984606;3:
> > > > > 2533275012689617;1:
> > > > > Can’t lunch the game (I also can’t run Gear 5 for the same reason) after the recent update to the “gaming service” on PC. The error shows that Easy Anti-Cheat reports “Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\xgameruntime.dll)”.
> > > >
> > > > Experiencing the exact same issue. Just updated the Gaming Services on my Win 10 installation and can play State of Decay 2 just fine but not MCC. Unsure why.
> > > >
> > > > Going to try to reinstall from scratch but it looks like it may take about 30-45 mins to redownload so will most likely update tomorrow if this works.
> > >
> > > Hey, what is the version of your gaming service? The faulty one for me is 2.50.1001.0 and I solved the issue by quitting the Windows Gaming preview program from Xbox Insider App and reinstalled the gaming service. Now I’m running gaming service version 2.47.1001.0.
> > >
> > > The way you reinstall the gaming service is to open your windows PowerShell in administrator mode and type in following lines:
> > >
> > > get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers (this one is to remove the current gaming service that has been installed on your PC)
> > > start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN (This one is to open the store page for the gaming service so you can reinstall it)
> >
> > I was having issues launching Gears 5 and this fixed it for me. Thank you very much. I didn’t realize I was in the gaming insiders preview. When I left the program, I had to restart my pc. Launched Powershell and executed the commands. I got the 2.47 version downloaded. The first time I tried this it installed 2.50.
>
> ever after restart it keeps installing 2.50.1001.0 for me, i unenrolled and removed the device from xbox insider program and gaming app preview. Tried uninstalling xbox app itself and download with a alt microsoft account from store after a restart yet it installed the buggy/eac hating version again. This damn EAC is nothing but problem in whichever game it is!

I did exactly this too, I opted out from everything, restarted, reinstalled, I even created a new PC User with a work account to download gaming services… and I still got this 2.50 update… Hell, I wasn’t even opted in the Windows Gaming, yet I received the update…
Is anyone sure that this update is not out to the public yet?

> 2533274887078018;19:
> > 2533274979165896;18:
> > > 2544667825174059;16:
> > > > 2533275012689617;7:
> > > > > 2533274797984606;3:
> > > > > > 2533275012689617;1:
> > > > > > Can’t lunch the game (I also can’t run Gear 5 for the same reason) after the recent update to the “gaming service” on PC. The error shows that Easy Anti-Cheat reports “Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\xgameruntime.dll)”.
> > > > >
> > > > > Experiencing the exact same issue. Just updated the Gaming Services on my Win 10 installation and can play State of Decay 2 just fine but not MCC. Unsure why.
> > > > >
> > > > > Going to try to reinstall from scratch but it looks like it may take about 30-45 mins to redownload so will most likely update tomorrow if this works.
> > > >
> > > > Hey, what is the version of your gaming service? The faulty one for me is 2.50.1001.0 and I solved the issue by quitting the Windows Gaming preview program from Xbox Insider App and reinstalled the gaming service. Now I’m running gaming service version 2.47.1001.0.
> > > >
> > > > The way you reinstall the gaming service is to open your windows PowerShell in administrator mode and type in following lines:
> > > >
> > > > get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers (this one is to remove the current gaming service that has been installed on your PC)
> > > > start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN (This one is to open the store page for the gaming service so you can reinstall it)
> > >
> > > I was having issues launching Gears 5 and this fixed it for me. Thank you very much. I didn’t realize I was in the gaming insiders preview. When I left the program, I had to restart my pc. Launched Powershell and executed the commands. I got the 2.47 version downloaded. The first time I tried this it installed 2.50.
> >
> > ever after restart it keeps installing 2.50.1001.0 for me, i unenrolled and removed the device from xbox insider program and gaming app preview. Tried uninstalling xbox app itself and download with a alt microsoft account from store after a restart yet it installed the buggy/eac hating version again. This damn EAC is nothing but problem in whichever game it is!
>
> I did exactly this too, I opted out from everything, restarted, reinstalled, I even created a new PC User with a work account to download gaming services… and I still got this 2.50 update… Hell, I wasn’t even opted in the Windows Gaming, yet I received the update…
> Is anyone sure that this update is not out to the public yet?

Starting think the same that the EAC hating version rolled out to public without EAC adjusting to the damn changes in the build ? This happening just when new ppl joining joining the gears 5 too x.x