Can't install the game and I am mad

I have been looking everywhere and have found nothing to help me. All I have to say is my disc is fine, my internet is ok, I have reset the console 20 times (and yes I did count) and still nothing. Every time I install it gets stuck at 26 % and now I don’t know what to do

Please help, signed a sad halo fan

Please describe what happens when the installation reaches 26% in as much detail as you can. Does anything crash? Does it just sit there? Does the Xbox freeze? How long have you let it sit at 26%?

It’s also worth asking where you got the disk; is it new or used? It could be an error with the disk that is separate from a scratch or smudge, like a corrupted portion of data or unreadable zone.

I have had the disk for a while and I did play the game for a long time as well but uninstalled because it took up too much space. Any way I bought it new and it has been in the case perfectly sealed until today. I also bought it from Walmart. Now what happens is that the download starts to go fast, then slows down at twenty percent, and just stops at 26, the download also took ten fifteen minutes just to get there . And it stays there forever
And ever. No crash just after a while the download stops and when I press resume, it shortly stops.

just checked and it got to 89 percent. Trying again

Still stops at 26, -Yoink!-

Still having the same problem

I could be your isp hiccups and you lose connection for a min or so. It’s really hard to comment when I’m not seeing it. You know the game is like 94 gigs so depending on the speed of you’re internet I could be an all day task downloading. Sometimes if it’s downloading one particular file in the game that’s huge you won’t see the percentage go up for quite a while. I would start the download at night before bedtime and let it run all night.
Maybe give xbox support a call?

Sounds like you may need a new disc. You can attempt to delete any residual installed game data and then the cache, then reboot the system. It may help. It may not.

But good thing is if you can get it to install via a disc (yours or borrow a friends), it’ll only need to recognize the disc for verification upon boots so it won’t matter if it has corrupted data at sections of the disc as long as the system can read it’s a Halo 5 disc.

> 2533274843446007;7:
> I could be your isp hiccups and you lose connection for a min or so. It’s really hard to comment when I’m not seeing it. You know the game is like 94 gigs so depending on the speed of you’re internet I could be an all day task downloading. Sometimes if it’s downloading one particular file in the game that’s huge you won’t see the percentage go up for quite a while. I would start the download at night before bedtime and let it run all night.
> Maybe give xbox support a call?

He’s installing base game from the disc, not digital download nor updating.

> 2533274795739611;9:
> > 2533274843446007;7:
> > I could be your isp hiccups and you lose connection for a min or so. It’s really hard to comment when I’m not seeing it. You know the game is like 94 gigs so depending on the speed of you’re internet I could be an all day task downloading. Sometimes if it’s downloading one particular file in the game that’s huge you won’t see the percentage go up for quite a while. I would start the download at night before bedtime and let it run all night.
> > Maybe give xbox support a call?
>
> He’s installing base game from the disc, not digital download nor updating.

The base. All the updates we all have gotten up this point are going to be downloaded from the cloud.

I think you havent waited long enough. It takes 14 hours maybe more to install the game.

Thank you I will try to wait longer on the download

So during the attempt s that I have made, the download stops. Will the download the start back up again automatically or do I have to keep pressing resume all?

> 2535431198226195;13:
> So during the attempt s that I have made, the download stops. Will the download the start back up again automatically or do I have to keep pressing resume all?

Is the download/Installation actually pausing or just stalling? There is a difference. If it’s oausing somehow then you’ll have to press “resume”. If it’s just stalling then waiting long enough may let it continue on it’s own.

Try and only run this installation and nothing else and if your wired just leave it alone. Anything you open will slow down the mb/s. Idk who your isp is but you connection could be like mine 94 down 93 up and still have this issue just because there is a hiccup on their end. If you keep having this issue talk to your internet company and see if there is any issues in your area. In terms of it stalling, it will happen from time to time, but if you are on WiFi and any people on it, it will slow everything down.

Try disconnecting from internet and install, it may be trying to install updates as it goes, update after the base game is installed.

I just installed it from the store and it is chugging along just fine, I really should’ve waited.

I am good now just got back and am now playing, thanks for the help guys