Can't gift REQ packs if you don't play multiplayer

If you try to gift someone a REQ pack but you haven’t played any multiplayer, a notice comes up that basically accusses you of fraud and says that you MUST play multiplayer to gift others REQ packs. Why???

I don’t have Gold Live (as I’ve stated MANY times on these forums) and so I, like all offline gamers, will forever have a Gold pack that I can’t get rid of or open myself. Why did 343 make this pack ‘gift only’???

Also, why can’t we offline gamers gift any packs??? We can’t use REQ’s, so we might as well be able to give them to others. But no!!!

Again, offline gamers are getting either neglected, subconsciously penalised or a combination of both.

PS: Can we not have any smarta*ses post things like ‘just get Gold’. My internet’s c**p and all my friends own PS4’s, so I’d have no one I know to play with/against. Basically, Gold would just be a waste of my money.

You need to be SR5+ to send a gift.

Probably because you have to be online to gift it to some one… how is it supposed to get there if you don’t have an internet connection?

> 2533274816788253;3:
> Probably because you have to be online to gift it to some one… how is it supposed to get there if you don’t have an internet connection?

I’m connected to Live, I just don’t have Gold and so can’t play multiplayer.

> 2533274862181038;2:
> You need to be SR5+ to send a gift.

Well that’s random.

> 2535445800682170;5:
> > 2533274862181038;2:
> > You need to be SR5+ to send a gift.
>
> Well that’s random.

Probably to prevent people from creating or dredging up old alternate accounts to send gifts to their primary or sell to others.

I’m sure that system is there for security purposes. Maybe to prevent people from creating new accounts just to gift themselves packs? I don’t know, but it makes sense to me. Online connectivity for games is kind of normal now.
And I really wouldn’t call it punishment for being offline. If you choose to be offline, you choose not to engage in online activities. In this case, gifting REQ packs is a new online feature, and requires being online to use. If you are an offline user, you don’t use REQs anyway, so it doesn’t hurt you to not be able to use the pack yourself.
Also, have you tried gifting it through Waypoint?

I tried to gift my gold pack to someone and it spit in my face that they have to be on my friends list in order to get it.

Oh boy.

1. If you’re not going to pay $60 (or whatever it is) a year for XBL, are you really going to be paying $10 to gift someone a gold?

2. Pretty sure one of the features of XBL is the ability to match you with players, making the lack of friends irrelevant to the conversation. Or a benefit, but whatever.

So because you’re not receiving the benefit of a service you don’t pay for, you feel neglected. And because you have a pack sitting in a place you don’t use in the first place, you’re being “subconsciously penalized”…goodness there’s a lot to unpack here.

> 2533274978553590;8:
> I tried to gift my gold pack to someone and it spit in my face that they have to be on my friends list in order to get it.

That’s strange.

I quote from the HCU:

“Pick the person you’d like to send it to (from your Friend’s List, Company, or Recent Players).”

> 2533274862181038;6:
> > 2535445800682170;5:
> > > 2533274862181038;2:
> > > You need to be SR5+ to send a gift.
> >
> > Well that’s random.
>
> Probably to prevent people from creating or dredging up old alternate accounts to send gifts to their primary or sell to others.

That is definitely it

> 2533274817408735;7:
> I’m sure that system is there for security purposes. Maybe to prevent people from creating new accounts just to gift themselves packs? I don’t know, but it makes sense to me. Online connectivity for games is kind of normal now.
> And I really wouldn’t call it punishment for being offline. If you choose to be offline, you choose not to engage in online activities. In this case, gifting REQ packs is a new online feature, and requires being online to use. If you are an offline user, you don’t use REQs anyway, so it doesn’t hurt you to not be able to use the pack yourself.
> Also, have you tried gifting it through Waypoint?

I don’t know how to do that.

> 2535445800682170;12:
> > 2533274817408735;7:
> > I’m sure that system is there for security purposes. Maybe to prevent people from creating new accounts just to gift themselves packs? I don’t know, but it makes sense to me. Online connectivity for games is kind of normal now.
> > And I really wouldn’t call it punishment for being offline. If you choose to be offline, you choose not to engage in online activities. In this case, gifting REQ packs is a new online feature, and requires being online to use. If you are an offline user, you don’t use REQs anyway, so it doesn’t hurt you to not be able to use the pack yourself.
> > Also, have you tried gifting it through Waypoint?
>
> I don’t know how to do that.

What, gifting through Waypoint? Go here.