Can't Get Perfections?

I’ve been meeting the qualifications for perfections quite a bit now but they’re not going towards the commendation. Just today I got 16 kills without dying on CTF on Ragnarok. Is it restricted from certain gametypes or something because I haven’t had issues like this in the past.

Perfections have always been Slayer only. Playing Objectives won’t count.

Seriously? That sucks. That bit of information should be added to the commendation description.

> Seriously? That sucks. That bit of information should be added to the commendation description.

I think they did that to reduce the chance of people holding off on finishing a CTF game so they can rack up the kills needed for it then cap the flag at the last second.

But yeah, it should say “Slayer Only” in the description.

> Seriously? That sucks. That bit of information should be added to the commendation description.

Yup…it does kinda suck Perfections are Slayer Only medals, but it has always registered in Slayer Playlists only. However, the Commie should’ve added “Slayer ONLY” on it.

> > Seriously? That sucks. That bit of information should be added to the commendation description.
>
> Yup…it does kinda suck Perfections are Slayer Only medals, but it has always registered in Slayer Playlists only. However, the Commie should’ve added “Slayer ONLY” on it.

Certainly. I mean, they had Perfections in past games that worked like that, but it should have said that in this game, too. Oh well. The important thing is that it doesn’t affect you negatively once you know about it, so I guess that’s ok. :stuck_out_tongue:

It would be nice if it said Slayer only in the description, as you said, like it does in past Halo games.

Mine still hasn’t shown up yet and I got 7 of them. -3-

I think people shouldn’t have assumed that it wasn’t in slayer only.

> I think people shouldn’t have assumed that it wasn’t in slayer only.

The in-game description says that it requires players to complete “a match.” So any 15-0 K/D should count as long as it was done in a match.

Players assume it’s attainable in non-Slayer matches for the same reason they assumed that the Champions Bundle content would be usable in Spartan Ops.

Basically it is only available in Slayer matches that way people don’t boost in obj. playlists. It was their attempt to get people to PTFO.

It sucks though, cause it makes it a lot harder to get because of all of the randomness in Halo 4’s gameplay. I had a week in Reach where I decided I was going to go for perfections and I think I got like 8 that week just cause I was trying. Halo 4 I maybe have 5 in total.

But you guys are right, it should have stated explicitly that it was slayer only.

> > Seriously? That sucks. That bit of information should be added to the commendation description.
>
> I think they did that to reduce the chance of people holding off on finishing a CTF game so they can rack up the kills needed for it then cap the flag at the last second.
>
> But yeah, it should say “Slayer Only” in the description.

Flawless games are easy to get in objective gametypes unlike Slayer because you are no longer the objective. Opponents tend to tunnel vision and this makes easy kills especially if camping. I have had hundreds of flawless gameplays in objective gametypes and can guarantee most would not have panned out similar had I played the same players in Slayer.

Perfections in Halo have always been a slayer only thing. It’s a lot harder to stay alive a whole game when the main objective is to kill, whereas it’s easy just to camp an objective and not die. The thing I’m upset about is why they took the medal away for getting one. I always did like hearing the announcer yell “Perfection!” at the end of a game.

> I think people shouldn’t have assumed that it wasn’t in slayer only.

I don’t think people shouldn’t have assumed that double negatives aren’t confusing either…

> > I think people shouldn’t have assumed that it wasn’t in slayer only.
>
> The in-game description says that it requires players to complete “a match.” So any 15-0 K/D should count as long as it was done in a match.
>
> Players assume it’s attainable in non-Slayer matches for the same reason they assumed that the Champions Bundle content would be usable in Spartan Ops.

Its different. There is a precedent about perfection being in slayer only while there wasn’t such precedent with champion’s bundle. The subjects are a bit different too. One is a small issue, the other isn’t exactly when they don’t tell us.

> Its different. There is a precedent about perfection being in slayer only while there wasn’t such precedent with champion’s bundle.

xXWurmXx21’s Service Record shows that he hasn’t played any Halo games except Halo 4 (assuming he hasn’t played other Halo games on a different gamertag). So newer players are supposed to know this… how?