Can't get back into H:5..

I’m a level 96 and just played a couple of games and could not get into it in the slightest, its just not the same game. So if you’re to take a break from the game and you’re a high - higher level you’re completely screwed. I’m no way shape or form as good as I used to be and don’t feel like making a new account (Smurf) just to be able to have fun in the game I’m waaay better than a new player and there is no way I can handle equal / better ranks / skilled players than me at my current state meaning, I either suck it up (No, thats stupid if i’m not having fun why play it? kind of what games are for… Just sayin) or make a new account (Also a no from me, If I wanted to seal club I’d move to antarctica) and seeing as there is no middle ground what else is there for me?

Thank you for feedback in general, preferably positive. :).

Hmm… maybe it just isn’t your game. Sometimes takeing breaks can bring out our true feeling on something, and it seems halo 5 just dosnt get you.

Have you tried mcc by any chance?

Best tip for anyone who is getting frustrated over MP is to lay off for a few days and play other Halo games or other games in general to let off the heat from your head.

Oh yeah, please don’t make a smurf account. It’s already costing the casual players’ fun.

> 2535456187497849;1:
> I’m a level 96 and just played a couple of games and could not get into it in the slightest, its just not the same game. So if you’re to take a break from the game and you’re a high - higher level you’re completely screwed. I’m no way shape or form as good as I used to be and don’t feel like making a new account (Smurf) just to be able to have fun in the game I’m waaay better than a new player and there is no way I can handle equal / better ranks / skilled players than me at my current state meaning, I either suck it up (No, thats stupid if i’m not having fun why play it? kind of what games are for… Just sayin) or make a new account (Also a no from me, If I wanted to seal club I’d move to antarctica) and seeing as there is no middle ground what else is there for me?
>
> Thank you for feedback in general, preferably positive. :).

What do you mean by “it’s just not the same game?” How is it different from when you left? If your having problems playing ranked, I’d say don’t play it for a while. Play social instead. There are lots of great social playlists in Halo 5. I also don’t see how making a second account solved anything so I wouldn’t bother with that.

I also don’t understand why a person would be “screwed” if they left and then came back later??? Sure you might not be as good as you were when you left, but that’s to be expected. That’s true for anything in life generally. It’ll take some time to get back to the level you were at before but if you keep at it, you will. If you don’t want to do that, or play any of the social playlists, how about play a game mode you don’t normally do, play some score attack in campaign or maybe check out customs browser. Maybe you just need a longer break from H5. You could go check out TMCC or something aswell.

If none of this works, then sorry bud, I don’t know what else to tell ya other then maybe halo 5 just isn’t for you.

Why don’t you try some of the other less competitive modes in the Social playlist? Super Fiesta is a lot of fun.

I’m seeing a lot of (Take breaks) thats the issue though, I took one and now I can’t get back into it. and super fiesta is annoying aswell due to I can get a boltshot and a needler and die against a sniper 17 times ina row. (Don’t mean to be sassy or rude, just saying I personally don’t enjoy unfair matches)

> 2535456187497849;6:
> I’m seeing a lot of (Take breaks) thats the issue though, I took one and now I can’t get back into it. and super fiesta is annoying aswell due to I can get a boltshot and a needler and die against a sniper 17 times ina row. (Don’t mean to be sassy or rude, just saying I personally don’t enjoy unfair matches)

You could also try Campaign, Forge, Custom Games (Use the Customs Browser if you have no one to play with), or Firefight. You may even enjoy these modes more then what you currently play.

Your sr doesn’t mean much. It’s not a reflection of skill what so ever. It’s just a reflection, sort of, of how much you played. It’s your CSR that reflects skill. Also no two Halo games really play alike. They have all had changes to game play and mechanics so no H5 isn’t like H4, just like it wasn’t like Reach, and so on and so on. Learning new gameplay and mechanics is part of the challenge of Halo IMO. SR 96 is still scratching the surface of H5 IMO. But if you aren’t enjoying the game then try MCC, Reach, or Halo Wars to prep for the upcoming release of Halo Wars 2. There is plenty of Halo on Xbox one.

Not much really you could do m8, you do you. Hope ya find a solution soon :slight_smile:

> 2535434548670205;9:
> Not much really you could do m8, you do you. Hope ya find a solution soon :slight_smile:

Yeah I know brother, but that is the thing that sucks, there is not much I can do… It wasn’t long ago where I found myself playing H:5 hours on end on the daily, now I can hardly stay for a full match… :confused:

> 2533275008181400;3:
> Best tip for anyone who is getting frustrated over MP is to lay off for a few days and play other Halo games or other games in general to let off the heat from your head.
>
> Oh yeah, please don’t make a smurf account. It’s already costing the casual players’ fun.

People have to make smurfs cause they don’t get matched with anyone.

> 2533274973681092;11:
> > 2533275008181400;3:
> > Best tip for anyone who is getting frustrated over MP is to lay off for a few days and play other Halo games or other games in general to let off the heat from your head.
> >
> > Oh yeah, please don’t make a smurf account. It’s already costing the casual players’ fun.
>
> People have to make smurfs cause they don’t get matched with anyone.

I’d still rather not smurf

What’s your prefered gamemode?

> 2535442485897712;13:
> What’s your prefered gamemode?

I’d literally play doubles , slayer , team arena or warzone for hours.

> 2535456187497849;14:
> > 2535442485897712;13:
> > What’s your prefered gamemode?
>
> I’d literally play doubles , slayer , team arena or warzone for hours.

Warm up in social arena if you plan to play more competitive. If you just lack the drive to play anything, get a friend or two and do stupid, yet fun things in any social mode.

> 2535442485897712;15:
> > 2535456187497849;14:
> > > 2535442485897712;13:
> > > What’s your prefered gamemode?
> >
> > I’d literally play doubles , slayer , team arena or warzone for hours.
>
> Warm up in social arena if you plan to play more competitive. If you just lack the drive to play anything, get a friend or two and do stupid, yet fun things in any social mode.

I don’t take the game serious at all though, I’m just getting completely sick of getting tossed like a salad…

> 2535456187497849;12:
> > 2533274973681092;11:
> > > 2533275008181400;3:
> > > Best tip for anyone who is getting frustrated over MP is to lay off for a few days and play other Halo games or other games in general to let off the heat from your head.
> > >
> > > Oh yeah, please don’t make a smurf account. It’s already costing the casual players’ fun.
> >
> > People have to make smurfs cause they don’t get matched with anyone.
>
> I’d still rather not smurf

Yeah I was just replying to BlueChief in regards to the fact you indeed may HAVE to smurf.

> 2533274973681092;17:
> > 2535456187497849;12:
> > > 2533274973681092;11:
> > > > 2533275008181400;3:
> > > > Best tip for anyone who is getting frustrated over MP is to lay off for a few days and play other Halo games or other games in general to let off the heat from your head.
> > > >
> > > > Oh yeah, please don’t make a smurf account. It’s already costing the casual players’ fun.
> > >
> > > People have to make smurfs cause they don’t get matched with anyone.
> >
> > I’d still rather not smurf
>
> Yeah I was just replying to BlueChief in regards to the fact you indeed may HAVE to smurf.

I suspect as much but really, I don’t understand how I can possibly go from hours on end on the daily to completely lose ambition to play. And when I try a match It’s difficult to stay the full match cause I’m just getting completely shredded and get irritated…

> 2535456187497849;18:
> > 2533274973681092;17:
> > > 2535456187497849;12:
> > > > 2533274973681092;11:
> > > > > 2533275008181400;3:
> > > > > Best tip for anyone who is getting frustrated over MP is to lay off for a few days and play other Halo games or other games in general to let off the heat from your head.
> > > > >
> > > > > Oh yeah, please don’t make a smurf account. It’s already costing the casual players’ fun.
> > > >
> > > > People have to make smurfs cause they don’t get matched with anyone.
> > >
> > > I’d still rather not smurf
> >
> > Yeah I was just replying to BlueChief in regards to the fact you indeed may HAVE to smurf.
>
> I suspect as much but really, I don’t understand how I can possibly go from hours on end on the daily to completely lose ambition to play. And when I try a match It’s difficult to stay the full match cause I’m just getting completely shredded and get irritated…

Yeah I haven’t played in over a few months too, if the aiming system wasn’t so consistent I would probably play sometimes but it’s not, so…

> 2535456187497849;16:
> > 2535442485897712;15:
> > > 2535456187497849;14:
> > > > 2535442485897712;13:
> > > > What’s your prefered gamemode?
> > >
> > > I’d literally play doubles , slayer , team arena or warzone for hours.
> >
> > Warm up in social arena if you plan to play more competitive. If you just lack the drive to play anything, get a friend or two and do stupid, yet fun things in any social mode.
>
> I don’t take the game serious at all though, I’m just getting completely sick of getting tossed like a salad…

As I said, try something fun in your matches, like going for as many splatters as possible.