Cant even Launch the game

So i get the Key I download the game, I go to launch I get a Error “Microsoft Basic Render Driver was Chosen as Graphics Device. Please Ensure you have a directx12 Compatible Graphics Adapter and have installed the latest Driver Provided by the Manufacturer”

Which I have I have a 1060 3gb, but in the Setting it says its not compatible, Even though it is Dx12 Compatible

343, and those who Know how to fix this Please, I beg of you for your help

I am not able to start this tech preview either.
Game will open, I get black screen with some HALO custom curser and four loading points in the top left corner of my display, and then after five seconds or so, the game crashes, exits and thats it. None error message either. 100% reproduce rate

Already submitted insider ticket. Oh boy, never been on such a worse flight. :smiley:

I dont even get a black Screen just the Error Message

> 2535441973167094;3:
> I dont even get a black Screen just the Error Message

I see. Just curios did you checked your installed geforce drivers with the latest drivers available from nvidia?
Maybe try to re-install for instance. Just to clear up how reliable your getting error message is.
Also if there is any BETA driver available for your GPU give it a try.

> 2535441973167094;1:
> So i get the Key I download the game, I go to launch I get a Error “Microsoft Basic Render Driver was Chosen as Graphics Device. Please Ensure you have a directx12 Compatible Graphics Adapter and have installed the latest Driver Provided by the Manufacturer”
>
> Which I have I have a 1060 3gb, but in the Setting it says its not compatible, Even though it is Dx12 Compatible
>
> 343, and those who Know how to fix this Please, I beg of you for your help

I am having the same issue, Also with a 1060 3GB Just installed latest driver and rebooted. Do you have two monitors? I have two monitors. I am going to unplug one and test with it unplugged next.

It also looks like I have a pending windows update. Do you? After unplugging the monitor I will be applying the windows update and trying.

> 2535459503061933;4:
> > 2535441973167094;3:
> > I dont even get a black Screen just the Error Message
>
> I see. Just curios did you checked your installed geforce drivers with the latest drivers available from nvidia?
> Maybe try to re-install for instance. Just to clear up how reliable your getting error message is.

Up to date and all, And yes i do have two Monitors

> 2535441973167094;6:
> > 2535459503061933;4:
> > > 2535441973167094;3:
> > > I dont even get a black Screen just the Error Message
> >
> > I see. Just curios did you checked your installed geforce drivers with the latest drivers available from nvidia?
> > Maybe try to re-install for instance. Just to clear up how reliable your getting error message is.
>
> Up to date and all, And yes i do have two Monitors

Found this on reddit, related to your issue. I dont repeat the discussion, because its already there. Maybe try the steps written there? Seems to be helped a few users.

> 2535459503061933;7:
> > 2535441973167094;6:
> > > 2535459503061933;4:
> > > > 2535441973167094;3:
> > > > I dont even get a black Screen just the Error Message
> > >
> > > I see. Just curios did you checked your installed geforce drivers with the latest drivers available from nvidia?
> > > Maybe try to re-install for instance. Just to clear up how reliable your getting error message is.
> >
> > Up to date and all, And yes i do have two Monitors
>
> Found this on reddit, related to your issue. I dont repeat the discussion, because its already there. Maybe try the steps written there? Seems to be helped a few users.
> reddit.com/r/halo/comments/oucvfb/psa_directx_12_compatible_graphics_adapter_launch/

THIS WORKS, KIND OF

> 2535459503061933;2:
> I am not able to start this tech preview either.
> Game will open, I get black screen with some HALO custom curser and four loading points in the top left corner of my display, and then after five seconds or so, the game crashes, exits and thats it. None error message either. 100% reproduce rate
>
> Already submitted insider ticket. Oh boy, never been on such a worse flight. :smiley:

the game takes over 2 minuts loading i thought the same thing until i read the steam install one more time and waited 8 minuts and the i got to the menu screen