Canon reason for blowing up parts of a firebase?

In Halo Wars, you can change out certain parts of your fireball/station/fortress with different buildings. For example, you can change a supply pad to a barracks if need be. The only issue with this is that the animation for changing is a complete destruction of the previous structure.

Now, I know the technical reason is to spare time without a different animation. But my question is this, has a Canon Fodder or anything ever given an explanation as to why the previous structure blows up? I mean dang, that has to jam up some machinery. And there had to be people in those structures. I’d hate to be Lt. Shnitty who was napping in one of those when the higher ups decided to change that structure our.

No official mention, no.

Those are what you call ‘game mechanics’. I guess it’s just a controlled demolition.

Most likely firmly in the game mechanics / lore segregation category.

I guess in “reality” they would just lower the building module and replace it underground with the new one.

> 2533274797074208;5:
> I guess in “reality” they would just lower the building module and replace it underground with the new one.

Makes sense.

Because of the Cole protocol! Makes sense to have the option to detonate any UNSC base building or all of it, in order to avoid capture by the Covenant. The inverse can be seen true for why the Covenant can do the same.