Canon Explanation - Revie / Premise for Revive

Theory:
Mjolnir generation 2, possesses an armor lock type system where the suit will shut down and enter a defensive state in order to preserve the operator. Using biofoam and advanced 26th century medical and technological techniques, you can “revive” your fellow spartans by overriding the armor lock, and allowing medical systems to kick in. In effect you let the system know that the occupant is safe at the moment, so they can allow medical operations to commence.

Sorry, Im on mobile so this is formatted weirdly

I’m happy to have a good explanation for that now. Thanks.

That would be a pretty good explanation.

> 2533274879163381;1:
> Theory:
> Mjolnir generation 2, possesses an armor lock type system where the suit will shut down and enter a defensive state in order to preserve the operator. Using biofoam and advanced 26th century medical and technological techniques, you can “revive” your fellow spartans by overriding the armor lock, and allowing medical systems to kick in. In effect you let the system know that the occupant is safe at the moment, so they can allow medical operations to commence.
>
> Sorry, Im on mobile so this is formatted weirdly

I was thinking teleportation…

> 2533274976244936;4:
> > 2533274879163381;1:
> > Theory:
> > Mjolnir generation 2, possesses an armor lock type system where the suit will shut down and enter a defensive state in order to preserve the operator. Using biofoam and advanced 26th century medical and technological techniques, you can “revive” your fellow spartans by overriding the armor lock, and allowing medical systems to kick in. In effect you let the system know that the occupant is safe at the moment, so they can allow medical operations to commence.
> >
> > Sorry, Im on mobile so this is formatted weirdly
>
>
> I was thinking teleportation…

How would teleportation work? It sounds interesting? Mind elaborating further?

That makes sense, good theory OP.

> 2533274879163381;1:
> Theory:
> Mjolnir generation 2, possesses an armor lock type system where the suit will shut down and enter a defensive state in order to preserve the operator. Using biofoam and advanced 26th century medical and technological techniques, you can “revive” your fellow spartans by overriding the armor lock, and allowing medical systems to kick in. In effect you let the system know that the occupant is safe at the moment, so they can allow medical operations to commence.
>

i need to change something. I think bio foam is used for odst/marines. I think they use regen field technology.

> 2533274915983628;7:
> > 2533274879163381;1:
> > Theory:
> > Mjolnir generation 2, possesses an armor lock type system where the suit will shut down and enter a defensive state in order to preserve the operator. Using biofoam and advanced 26th century medical and technological techniques, you can “revive” your fellow spartans by overriding the armor lock, and allowing medical systems to kick in. In effect you let the system know that the occupant is safe at the moment, so they can allow medical operations to commence.
> >
>
> i need to change something. I think bio foam is used for odst/marines. I think they use regen field technology on spartans now, i think huragok built it in. Just my thought/imput.

> 2533274915983628;7:
> > 2533274879163381;1:
> > Theory:
> >
>
>
> i need to change something. I think bio foam is used for odst/marines. I think they use regen field technology.

If I recall, in Halo 2 the reasoning for the removal of the health bar was that the armor now injects bio foam to help heal your wounds. There was health in that game and it did naturally heal overtime once shields are charged.

> 2533274808578327;9:
> > 2533274915983628;7:
> > > 2533274879163381;1:
> > > Theory:
> > > Mjolnir generation 2, possesses an armor lock type system where the suit will shut down and enter a defensive state in order to preserve the operator. Using biofoam and advanced 26th century medical and technological techniques, you can “revive” your fellow spartans by overriding the armor lock, and allowing medical systems to kick in. In effect you let the system know that the occupant is safe at the moment, so they can allow medical operations to commence.
> > >
> > > Sorry, Im on mobile so this is formatted weirdly
> >
> >
> > i need to change something. I think bio foam is used for odst/marines. I think they use regen field technology.
>
>
> If I recall, in Halo 2 the reasoning for the removal of the health bar was that the armor now injects bio foam to help heal your wounds. There was health in that game and it did naturally heal overtime once shields are charged.

Biofoam is built into mjolnir through automated injectors. Marines and ODST’s also use it, however they have to use external canisters of it. So unless they removed it in Mjolnir Gen2, which doesn’t make sense lore-wise, it is still a viable theory.

> 2533274879163381;10:
> > 2533274808578327;9:
> > > 2533274915983628;7:
> > > > 2533274879163381;1:
> > > > Theory:
> > > > Mjolnir generation 2, possesses an armor lock type system where the suit will shut down and enter a defensive state in order to preserve the operator. Using biofoam and advanced 26th century medical and technological techniques, you can “revive” your fellow spartans by overriding the armor lock, and allowing medical systems to kick in. In effect you let the system know that the occupant is safe at the moment, so they can allow medical operations to commence.
> > > >
> > > > Sorry, Im on mobile so this is formatted weirdly
> > >
> > >
> > > i need to change something. I think bio foam is used for odst/marines. I think they use regen field technology.
> >
> >
> > If I recall, in Halo 2 the reasoning for the removal of the health bar was that the armor now injects bio foam to help heal your wounds. There was health in that game and it did naturally heal overtime once shields are charged.
>
>
> Biofoam is built into mjolnir through automated injectors. Marines and ODST’s also use it, however they have to use external canisters of it. So unless they removed it in Mjolnir Gen2, which doesn’t make sense lore-wise, it is still a viable theory.

good point if my point isnt accurate, then, to me, this theory is perfect imo.

And if someone doesn’t unlock them, they fall over and what, just die? Does the medical system say, Meh, no one unlocked him, so I won’t help him either…

> 2533275030582002;12:
> And if someone doesn’t unlock them, they fall over and what, just die? Does the medical system say, Meh, no one unlocked him, so I won’t help him either…

I’m guessing that the one reviving is basically overcharging the medical system. Basically, biofoam isn’t doing enough to save them, reviver overrides the safety on the med system to speed up the healing process, and revivee recovers. That’s how I see it.

I’m going to guess that regen field tech is used to patch up wounds that the biofoam injectors can’t. Your teammate goes down, they lock up, you come over, give them a boost with a directed version of the field, (which possibly was already working on you?) and get them back on their feet.

No built-in back-up power to jumpstart it? Like a reverse-engineered plasma pistol to overcharge it. This isn’t a thing because of a balancing mechanic I guess, lore-wise, I could see it happen.

> 2533274879163381;1:
> Theory:
>

I wouldn’t mind if 343 explained it this way. I also think armor lock could work as an explanation for ground pound.

My Reaction
The excitement was real when… I thought the title ‘Revie / Premise for Revive’ meant Reviving the Covenant Revenant;
The fear was real… when I saw the words Armor Lock;
The explanation was interesting.

I like the revive system from a lore standpoint, but what if a spartan is alone?

So what you’re saying is, it works like the intro to Halo 3. Chief’s armor is locked up, and he gets revived from one of the marines.

I would assume it would eventually unlock itself, and the revive system is just a way of hurrying the process.

> 2533274883669557;19:
> So what you’re saying is, it works like the intro to Halo 3. Chief’s armor is locked up, and he gets revived from one of the marines.
>
> I would assume it would eventually unlock itself, and the revive system is just a way of hurrying the process.

Came here to say exactly this.