Canon Difficulty?

For campaign which difficulty would be considered canon? In the books shields seem much harder to break for elites but easier for spartans, this makes me think Legendary would be. But it is said in the books that unshielded targets are decimated by bullets, so would normal difficulty with the tilt and mythic skull be canon then?

While Heroic difficulty is considered to be canon by many, given its description in several Bungie games: “The way Halo was meant to be played.”, I personally consider Normal to be the canon difficulty, because it’s, well, NORMAL.

> 2533274950478805;2:
> While Heroic difficulty is considered to be canon by many, given its description in several Bungie games: “The way Halo was meant to be played.”, I personally consider Normal to be the canon difficulty, because it’s, well, NORMAL.

It could very well be. I suppose Heroic feels like canon to me, because it is a challenge but is not overly difficult.

> 2535457202768003;3:
> > 2533274950478805;2:
> > While Heroic difficulty is considered to be canon by many, given its description in several Bungie games: “The way Halo was meant to be played.”, I personally consider Normal to be the canon difficulty, because it’s, well, NORMAL.
>
>
> It could very well be. I suppose Heroic feels like canon to me, because it is a challenge but is not overly difficult.

“feels like canon”? What am I on?

> 2535457202768003;4:
> > 2535457202768003;3:
> > > 2533274950478805;2:
> > > While Heroic difficulty is considered to be canon by many, given its description in several Bungie games: “The way Halo was meant to be played.”, I personally consider Normal to be the canon difficulty, because it’s, well, NORMAL.
> >
> >
> > It could very well be. I suppose Heroic feels like canon to me, because it is a challenge but is not overly difficult.
>
>
> “feels like canon”? What am I on?

You’re on Waypoint. Huehuehue

Heroic is often described as the “canon” setting.

There really is no canon difficulty, because gameplay and canon are not the same thing. In canon, a plasma pistol will melt a marine’s head off. In gameplay, it’s a peashooter with an EMP side-function.

Normal, so you can be the super space soldier, hue hue hue. :wink:

Make the experiment
Ask for someone to try the damage of different stuff in multiplayer
Then, let enemies make that in campaign in all difficulties
The one that matchs multiplayer is canon
Skulls are not involved

Canon, is plasma pistol blowing holes in marines and ODST, an elite commander being on near even terms with a spartan, elites dodging and using tactics like flanks or tactical grenade throws to flush you out, and you as a spartan being torn apart by fleet masters and above. Basically multiplayer with elites actually, were some put up a good fight and can die putting damage on you or even killing you while some just eat bullets.

The games can actually simulate canon. Its just that the visuals won’t occur. And the canon game mode does not exist. What I mean of the games having the capability of simulating reality is this (and be aware this is my interpretation of simulated canon):
-The amount of and types of enemies you see on Legendary is the canon amount and types of enemies the characters faced in reality.
-The AI intelligence on Legendary is the closest to reality you can achieve in game, as that difficulty provides the smartest AI the game can achieve.
-The damage output on Easy is the closest realistic representation of power weapons (e.g. Needlers, Rocket Launchers, Incineration Cannon, etc.), grenades, and vehicles.
-The damage output on Normal is the closest realistic representation of normal load-out weapons.
-The damage you receive on Heroic from normal load-out weapons is the closest representation to reality.
-The damage you receive on Legendary from power weapons, grenades, and vehicles is the closest representation to reality.
-Any dialogue spoken, regardless of difficulty, is canon.
-The Tough Luck skull must be turned on, as anyone in reality will do everything in their power to avoid incoming fire.

Heroic has been acknowledged as being the ‘canon’ difficulty.

They say heroic is the most canonically “realistic”, but from what I’ve read, it’s got parts of both. Damage come off as around heroic in the books, while enemy health I feel is more akin to normal.

> 2535406272231884;10:
> Canon, is plasma pistol blowing holes in marines and ODST, an elite commander being on near even terms with a spartan, elites dodging and using tactics like flanks or tactical grenade throws to flush you out, and you as a spartan being torn apart by fleet masters and above. Basically multiplayer with elites actually, were some put up a good fight and can die putting damage on you or even killing you while some just eat bullets.

They should make a “Canon” difficulty just like this without the overwhelming odds of the Covenants full navy. Its a little more even on the ground

Heroic. The way Halo is meant to be played.

But I don’t really think you can get a ‘canon’ difficulty. There’s so many factors that games can’t address. In the game, it’s just run and shoot. In reality, Spartans would have been having to put up with effects of injury, the fatigue of sustained combat, armour damage, stuff that can’t be calculated in-game. A single piece of shrapnel in the right place could take a Spartan down.

There isn’t really a canon difficulty.

I always felt like the canon difficulty was legendary as in the books and such even Grunts are occasionally described as dangerous, but I dunno as I always thought that the Promethean enemies have been downgraded for gameplay purposes. Felt like they should actually be far harder to defeat with our comparatively primitive weapons and vehicles.

> 2533274886377917;17:
> I always felt like the canon difficulty was legendary as in the books and such even Grunts are occasionally described as dangerous, but I dunno as I always thought that the Promethean enemies have been downgraded for gameplay purposes. Felt like they should actually be far harder to defeat with our comparatively primitive weapons and vehicles.

someone at 343 (can’t remember who) confirmed that Prometheans, especially knights, are tougher in-canon then in-game.

> 2533274844984484;18:
> > 2533274886377917;17:
> > I always felt like the canon difficulty was legendary as in the books and such even Grunts are occasionally described as dangerous, but I dunno as I always thought that the Promethean enemies have been downgraded for gameplay purposes. Felt like they should actually be far harder to defeat with our comparatively primitive weapons and vehicles.
>
>
> someone at 343 (can’t remember who) confirmed that Prometheans, especially knights, are tougher in-canon then in-game.

I wouldn’t doubt that since they are defense A.I.

> 2533274844984484;18:
> > 2533274886377917;17:
> > I always felt like the canon difficulty was legendary as in the books and such even Grunts are occasionally described as dangerous, but I dunno as I always thought that the Promethean enemies have been downgraded for gameplay purposes. Felt like they should actually be far harder to defeat with our comparatively primitive weapons and vehicles.
>
>
> someone at 343 (can’t remember who) confirmed that Prometheans, especially knights, are tougher in-canon then in-game.

Ah that’s good glad they came forward about that, the game would suck if they were as badass as they are described in the books. Wouldn’t get past the first mission.