Cannot sync data

Signed in on friend’s xbox. Came home. Now have to sync data. Fails every time. Restarted game. Restarted console. Restarted Wi-Fi. Fails every time.

Fix it.

Why does progress restart every time? Why not save what is already synced? Or better yet, why not stop the progress from aborting at the slightest hiccup?

I paid for this game. And now I cannot play it.

Fix it.

Well, after 30 mins it finally worked.

I should not have to endure this every time I use my profile on another console.

> 2533274836636967;2:
> Well, after 30 mins it finally worked.
>
> I should not have to endure this every time I use my profile on another console.

yeah that happened to me too a few days ago while dealing with a larger bug. eventually it worked just had to restart the sync about 7 or 8 times

Hello, I know it is from an old topic but today I cannot sync data, while yesterday I had a long Halo 5 extreme one day gaming pizza party session with friends. I will try again at night. But I am having problems as well with Waypoint to see my profile. I can play matches tough, just with the default armor and customization.

Thanks

> 2553380145882876;4:
> Hello, I know it is from an old topic but today I cannot sync data, while yesterday I had a long Halo 5 extreme one day gaming pizza party session with friends. I will try again at night. But I am having problems as well with Waypoint to see my profile. I can play matches tough, just with the default armor and customization.
>
> Thanks

Please don’t revive old topics - if you need to, just create a new one.

Try a hard reset of your Xbox One.

> 2533274850493408;5:
> > 2553380145882876;4:
> > Hello, I know it is from an old topic but today I cannot sync data, while yesterday I had a long Halo 5 extreme one day gaming pizza party session with friends. I will try again at night. But I am having problems as well with Waypoint to see my profile. I can play matches tough, just with the default armor and customization.
> >
> > Thanks
>
> Please don’t revive old topics - if you need to, just create a new one.
>
> Try a hard reset of your Xbox One.

Ok! I did it. Now working!