Cannot Launch my preorder copy of Halo 5 Guardians

So, back when the game launched, I preordered the game, downloaded it day one, eventually beat it, then took a break for a good long while.

Now, I can no longer play the game, as it keeps telling me my gamepass is expired. Except I owned the game before I ever tried Game Pass.

I am at a loss at this point.

Hey OP, have you tried uninstalling the game and seeing if you can install it again form the store?
If that doesn’t work you may have to reach out to Xbox Live support for help

I’m having almost the same issue. Own the Halo 5 Xbox One which came preinstalled with Halo 5. When I launch the game now, it can’t sync my profile to their servers, leaving me with just Solo Campaign available. Tried soft reboot, factory reset of console, uninstalled and reinstalled game, and went through all the support Microsoft could give me. They told me to contact the game studio, I guess not knowing 343 is Microsoft owned. What else can I try?

> 2533274800123668;3:
> I’m having almost the same issue. Own the Halo 5 Xbox One which came preinstalled with Halo 5. When I launch the game now, it can’t sync my profile to their servers, leaving me with just Solo Campaign available. Tried soft reboot, factory reset of console, uninstalled and reinstalled game, and went through all the support Microsoft could give me. They told me to contact the game studio, I guess not knowing 343 is Microsoft owned. What else can I try?

Your issue is not the same as the one in the OP, in the future you’re better off making your own thread.

Can you try connecting to a different network source please? That will help narrow down if the issue is game/console or network related. You can try a friend’s network, phone hotspot, etc.