Cannot create Grifball gamemode for Reach or H4

I am unable to create a custom Grifball gamemode in Halo Reach and Halo 4. I went into the Halo The Master Chief Collection/HALOTITLE/hopper_game_variants/ & Halo The Master Chief Collection/HALOTITLE/hopper_map_variants/ folder and searched for “grifball” and copied all of the gamemodes and maps and paste them into my AppData/LocalLow/MCC/LocalFiles/MYID/HALOTITLE/GameType/ & AppData/LocalLow/MCC/LocalFiles/MYID/HALOTITLE/Map/ folder. When I go and select a Grifball gamemode, make a few changes and save it as a new gamemode. The gamemode will still appear in-game but when I exit MCC and relaunch MCC, the newly made Grifball gamemode would not show up even when I have a Grifball map selected.

Are you doing this in the Forge menu or the custom game menu? You can only save a gametype in the custom game menu. (I do not mean the Custom Game Browser menu.)

Since you are on PC you could also use the excellent Reach Variant Tool.
https://www.nexusmods.com/halothemasterchiefcollection/mods/192

It could be because of the limit of 50 locally saved gametypes. That is a limit for all games for the whole collection. There’s a separate limit of 50 forge maps.
You can check what number you’re at if you go into Options & Career -> My Files (the picture with the folder on it).

Instead of saving the Grifball things there, put them here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Halo The Master Chief Collection\haloreach\game_variants
It will save them as built-in which will not count towards the 50 file limit.

> 2535421897822756;2:
> Are you doing this in the Forge menu or the custom game menu? You can only save a gametype in the custom game menu. (I do not mean the Custom Game Browser menu.)
>
> Since you are on PC you could also use the excellent Reach Variant Tool.
> Reach Variant Tool at Halo: The Master Chief Collection Nexus - Mods and community
>
> It could be because of the limit of 50 locally saved gametypes. That is a limit for all games for the whole collection. There’s a separate limit of 50 forge maps.
> You can check what number you’re at if you go into Options & Career -> My Files (the picture with the folder on it).
>
> Instead of saving the Grifball things there, put them here:
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Halo The Master Chief Collection\haloreach\game_variants
> It will save them as built-in which will not count towards the 50 file limit.

I created these new gamemodes within the custom games menu (Not the custom games browser and not the forge menu)

I can try this tool out, is there a tool for Halo 4 gamemodes and other Halo titles like this?

I not near my 50 limit, I even tried moving the original grifball maps and gamemodes into the *C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Halo The Master Chief Collection* folders and then only had a dozen files in my private files. I still cannot access my newly created grifball gamemode.