Cannot access multiplayer

So I have a 12 month Gold subscription. Every time I’ve tried to access multiplayer tonight, it says that “this mode requires an Xbox Live gold subscription with multiplayer privileges enabled and a connection to Xbox Live. Would you like to go to the Home screen and check your privileges?”

Is this happening to anyone else? There is an Xbox Live service alert right now, but it says its only for signing into accounts on 360.

I had this a while back. I had entered my gold code at Christmas, and a month later I started getting the error you described. After speaking to Xbox support, we discovered that the code hadn’t registered properly (my Xbox thinks it did, but Microsoft servers said otherwise). They had to send me a link and I had to type in my redemption code there. I got a free month of Gold Live out of it because of that though.

I couldn’t access any gold stuff when I had the issue. Are you able to host parties? If not, then I think you are experiencing the same problem as I did. Speak to Xbox support, they’ll solve your problem.

> 2533274884447055;2:
> I had this a while back. I had entered my gold code at Christmas, and a month later I started getting the error you described. After speaking to Xbox support, we discovered that the code hadn’t registered properly (my Xbox thinks it did, but Microsoft servers said otherwise). They had to send me a link and I had to type in my redemption code there. I got a free month of Gold Live out of it because of that though.
>
> I couldn’t access any gold stuff when I had the issue. Are you able to host parties? If not, then I think you are experiencing the same problem as I did. Speak to Xbox support, they’ll solve your problem.

Yup I talked to them last night and figured it out, it was much more simple for me though. All I had to do was do a hard reset in my console, unplug it totally from the wall, plug it back in and sign in and it worked. I have no idea why but whatever lol