Can you record your Campaign in Halo 4?

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knew, for certain, if you can or will be able to record your campaign’s in the future by using Theater in the game?

I have been searching for a clear answer to the question myself but everyone seems to have a different answer so I was hoping someone could give me a clear cut answer because I would really like to try and do some recording :slight_smile:

Also, I was wondering if you needed any special equipment in order to record your game play? The reason why I’m asking is because whilst I was first playing Halo: Reach when I tried to record it told me all I would need is a Hard Drive to do so because I had a simple 4GB Xbox at that time but now that I have the Hard Drive will I need anything else in order to record my game play?

If anyone can help, I would be most grateful :slight_smile:
EyelessQuill276

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I was just wondering if anyone knew, for certain, if you can or will be able to record your campaign’s in the future by using Theater in the game?
>
> I have been searching for a clear answer to the question myself but everyone seems to have a different answer so I was hoping someone could give me a clear cut answer because I would really like to try and do some recording :slight_smile:
>
> Also, I was wondering if you needed any special equipment in order to record your game play? The reason why I’m asking is because whilst I was first playing Halo: Reach when I tried to record it told me all I would need is a Hard Drive to do so because I had a simple 4GB Xbox at that time but now that I have the Hard Drive will I need anything else in order to record my game play?
>
> If anyone can help, I would be most grateful :slight_smile:
> EyelessQuill276

I would only hope that they would improve on the theater, it’s a complete step backwards in my opinion.

If you mean just recording clips onto your hard drive for later watching then you shouldn’t need to. If you actually mean putting them onto a computer, then you’ll need to buy a capture card as well.

Theatre mode doesn’t currently support Campaign or Spartan Ops.

Why? Search me. This was a feature that Halo 3, a 2007 game, had. Here we are in late 2012 and apparently we’re regressing into a second Dark Age.

343i have hinted that this is something they might, possibly, implement in future, if there’s demand, and they feel like it, and the month has a letter E in it, and the planets are aligned correctly. Basically, we shouldn’t hold our breaths.

In the meantime, if you want to record Spartan Ops or Campaign footage you’ll need a capture card, and even then you’ll be limited to first person view, you won’t be able to use a third-person or free-roaming camera like true Theatre Mode.