Can you make your on control scheme yet?

I really don’t think presets are gonna cut it anymore for me at least. Theres just too much stuff you can do to only have presets. For those of you who don’t know when I say control scheme I mean the button and stick layout.

Not yet but, you should try to tweet at halowaypoint maybe they will actually consider such an outrageous feature (sarcastically).

All jokes outside I really do want action mapping and you should try to get people aware of how much of a convince it will be for every player.

To be honest I’m surprised this hasn’t been done already.

OP, you are a genius. That is all.

I believe Frankie said it would be way to difficult to test each possible combination for bugs and glitches.

Perhaps some things are locked down, lessining the amount of combinations to test…

> I believe Frankie said it would be way to difficult to test each possible combination for bugs and glitches.
>
> Perhaps some things are locked down, lessening the amount of combinations to test…

This. The tweaks, bugs, glitches, and changes on one palette of a control scheme would take a very long time. Just bringing the classic controls with a few changes/implementations is enough to cause a head-ache to some devs.

> I believe Frankie said it would be way to difficult to test each possible combination for bugs and glitches.
>
> Perhaps some things are locked down, lessining the amount of combinations to test…

Even if that was the case isn’t it their job to fix that stuff. Not to sound like a spoiled brat

I’m not sure if this is true, but I’d heard that Microsoft requires all control schemes for all games released on the 360 to be thoroughly tested. Having mappable control schemes would make testing the hyperbolicly endless number of layouts possible unrealistic. Like I said, this could be false.

Blame Microsoft, not 343i.

>
> Perhaps some things are locked down, lessining the amount of combinations to test…

Basically this, not to mention even if they would put it in and try to fix every single Glitch and Bug… It would take too long to fix.